Marlins Mermaids Tryout

1truefan

MARLINS TO HOLD AUDITIONS FOR MERMAIDS DANCE TEAM

MIAMI ? The Florida Marlins today announced they will hold auditions on Jan. 21 to recruit members for next season?s Marlins Mermaids dance team.

The auditions will be held at Shula?s Athletic Club in Miami Lakes beginning at 1 p.m. Dancers interested in participating should register with a resume and headshot between noon and 1 p.m., and are encouraged to arrive ready to perform with dance attire and shoes.

The Marlins Mermaids dance team debuted prior to the Marlins' World Championship season in 2003. They perform for thousands of fans during all 81 Marlins home games, participate in interactive promotions around the stadium, and act as spokespersons on the stadium?s video board for fan contests.

Because of their originality in Major League Baseball, the Mermaids have gained local, regional and national exposure over the past few seasons and have been featured in such television shows as Deco Drive, Maximum MLB, The Best Damn Sports Show Period, The Wedding Story and Miami Inc.

The Mermaids actively participate in many charity events throughout the year, such as Florida International University's Dance Marathon benefiting the Miami Children's Hospital, Alonzo Mourning Charities and Zo's Summer Groove, Amigos for Kids, and events benefiting The Florida Marlins Community Foundation. The Marlins Mermaids also serve as spokespersons for the organization?s new ?Get Hooked on Reading? program for kids and visit local elementary schools to promote reading.

For additional information about the Mermaids, visit the team?s website at www.flamarlins.com.

I'll be there :mischief I hope I can make the team

:plain

Because of their originality in Major League Baseball, the Mermaids have gained local, regional and national exposure over the past few seasons and have been featured in such television shows The Wedding Story

I love that show :whistle