Another Ricky Rumor

MikeLowell

The Broncos are reportedly interested in Ricky Williams.

While he fits the mold of a Denver running back, it would be surprising if the Broncos didn't address any running back needs in the Draft instead. One thing seems clear: Mike Anderson probably won't be counted on to carry the load again.

Can't say there is a lack of interest. Texans, Steelers, Broncos. Hell, I've even heard 49ers might be interested. I think it is becoming more and more clear that Ricky won't be a Dolphin next season. What could we possibly get from Denver?

with ricky they could get 2000+ yards easily in their blocking system. He would be amazing up there.

a 2nd rounder at least. We wont trade ricky for less.

While he fits the mold of a Denver running back, it would be surprising if the Broncos didn't address any running back needs in the Draft instead. One thing seems clear: Mike Anderson probably won't be counted on to carry the load again.

Can't say there is a lack of interest. Texans, Steelers, Broncos. Hell, I've even heard 49ers might be interested. I think it is becoming more and more clear that Ricky won't be a Dolphin next season. What could we possibly get from Denver?

where is that from?

AP?

with ricky they could get 2000+ yards easily in their blocking system. He would be amazing up there.

a 2nd rounder at least. We wont trade ricky for less.

where is that from?

AP?

Rotoworld.

Can't say there is a lack of interest. Texans, Steelers, Broncos. Hell, I've even heard 49ers might be interested. I think it is becoming more and more clear that Ricky won't be a Dolphin next season. What could we possibly get from Denver? It would be more clear Ricky wont be a Phin next year if Wannstash and Spewman were still running the show. Remember Ricky doesnt cost us anything to keep!! We do not have to settle for sh*t for the sake of settling. In fact I would not even give up Ricky Williams straight up for David Carr. I would want Ricky to not even be part of that deal. Saban is not going to jump at anything unless its worth it. He knows what Ricky means to the team. Let the Wizard do his work :)

i wouldn't put it past the broncos. Shanny likes to gamble - see Clarrett, Maurice and Rice, Jerry.

Granted the Oline is awesome but it's also aging. Nalen is winding down and he's been the rock. I think putting a back in there who still has plenty of good years ahead of him who hasn't had any serious injuries makes sense. Then again, we do have Tatum.

i wouldn't put it past the broncos. Shanny likes to gamble - see Clarrett, Maurice and Rice, Jerry.

Granted the Oline is awesome but it's also aging. Nalen is winding down and he's been the rock. I think putting a back in there who still has plenty of good years ahead of him who hasn't had any serious injuries makes sense. Then again, we do have Tatum.

You would think they'd have learned there lesson by now to gamble. They seem to do fine in the draft when it comes to RB.

true, shanny got a lot of heat for sticking his neck out like he did on Clarett but he took it like a man.

"its a shame to waste a 3rd. round pick like that" lol

They'll be looking to upgrade that Oline i believe in the draft as Bell looks to emerge as the premier #1 next year. Anderson is at "the age" and well, you all know the injury past. Dayne may be back next year for 3rd downs ala Thunder/Lightening but i wouldn't be shocked at all to see a mid round pick used on a back.

Also, i don't see Ricky as much of a gamble. Besides, we got some bomb ass weed here.

true, shanny got a lot of heat for sticking his neck out like he did on Clarett but he took it like a man.

"its a shame to waste a 3rd. round pick like that" lol

They'll be looking to upgrade that Oline i believe in the draft as Bell looks to emerge as the premier #1 next year. Anderson is at "the age" and well, you all know the injury past. Dayne may be back next year for 3rd downs ala Thunder/Lightening but i wouldn't be shocked at all to see a mid round pick used on a back.

Also, i don't see Ricky as much of a gamble. Besides, we got some bomb ass weed here.

good points. and i can confirm teh good weed thing :thumbup

man we have to keep ricky unless its a REAL GOOD TRADE for the fins. Saban is a genious. He knows he has one of the most prolific runners in the nfl in ricky. Hes a top 3 RB in the league. Its just that teams think that hes a bargain because of the whole retiring sh*t. But we just need a qb and were set for next year. Also some defensive aqquisitions on defense and 1 more o-lineman. Ricky Williams has to be the starter next year. Give him 25-30 carries a game ronnie 8-10. Rickys the #1 stud, and playmeker on the team.

I don't want Ricky to be traded unless it's an outrageously high 2nd rounder or 1st rounder. He's talented as hell and he's playing for the vet minimum. It's stupid not to keep him around.