Abercrombie

Guest markotsay7

He'll improve in the plate discipline area.

I remember hearing (and saying) that about Preston Wilson too.....

Good point, they are kind of similar. I wouldn't mind having another PW type player, considering we gave up nothing for him.

Dan Uggla was on 790 AM radio this morning & remarked that Abercrombie (as well as Hanley) has really impressed him.

He mentioned that he'd played against him in the minors before in previous years, and that he looks like he's made HUGE strides since then.

Not to be cute Hot, but "he" is Abercrombie or Ramirez?

Sorry, Abercrombie.

I'm assuming Uggla wasn't too impressed when he faced him back in the minors, and has noticed a big difference in him now.

From what I've read, they really worked with him a lot in the minors the past couple of seasons on pitch recognition and making contact. While they knew he'd never be a guy who would draw a lot of walks, they at least wanted to cut down the strikeouts to a manageable level. If he's going to be an "all-or-nothing" swinger, you work with what you've got & try to reduce the "nothings" as much as possible. :p

He'll still likely be up there with the K leaders if he plays a full season IMO, but I think even that is an improvement over what he once was.

Anyway he's killing the ball right now.

I'll probably get heat for this, but when I see Abercrombie, I see OMGNUNEZ. A guy that will get hot every once in awhile, but won't be able to sustain anything for any substantial amount of time.

I think that this time the situation is a bit different. When Nunez played in 04 he was used sporadically; Abercrombie, given that he continues playing well, is going to have a chance to be on the field every day, or at least most of the games. He will have more opportunities to show what he is worth. However, Nunez disappeared after playing for the Royals full time, or close to full time. So I guess he did suck.