Could Treanor HIT his way onto the team?

Hotcorner

I know Matt's thought of as the odd man out in the catcher race, and Olivo did hit .300 for a while last season with the Pads...

However, with everyone knowing that jobs are up for grabs this spring training, in 40 at-bats Olivo has come out and batted below .150 with 8 strikeouts. Matt Treanor meanwhile has gone 13-26, with 4 walks & just 2 Ks.

Reading the article below, Treanor had to adjust his swing after recent shoulder surgery & found since he shortened his swing he's hitting the ball much better. Go figure... :rolleyes: Anyhow something's working because he's batting .500.

I know it's a small sample size but like I said all the players know that jobs are in the balance. Olivo's looked awful, & we already know Treanor's good defensively.

Treanor's Hitting Better Than Ever

I reckon Giradi will carry both.

Willy could play LF for a couple of days a week, allowing Treanor and Olivo to split playing time on the other days.

So the bench would be something like: Aguila, Olivo/Treanor, Harris, Amezega.

And on the day Willy catches, Aguila would be in left. That's how I'd do it anyway.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.