Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sergio Mitre

Featured Replies

Mitre always seemed to be either really on or really off last season.

 

 

We saw signs of that tonight as well. It could be nerves, which hopefully will settle down as he gains more experience.

it will hopefully settle down alot, especially since he is in more of a good comfort zone with the pitching coach rick kranny

it will hopefully settle down alot, especially since he is in more of a good comfort zone with the pitching coach rick kranny

 

 

Your right about settling down. I think playing for the Fish will help him a ton as its a whole different environment than with the Cubs (Baker, more pressure, etc.). Its just one outing but if he can remain somewhat decent this year, I dont doubt he can perform this like this night in and night out for us for a long time. Beinfest did not trade for trash like some people point out. Like Shandler loves to say, once you display a skill, you own it. And we saw that last year too.

Oh come on, you've been at this four years. You know better!

 

You know what they say about people from Boca.

This is what those of us who watch the Cubs were saying all along. He has the ability to pitch much better than his numbers would indicate, and has had some amazing stretches. Let's not get too excited though, he always brings out a great start or two, the question is whether he can maintain the consistency. He has a tendency to come out and get absolutely rocked every now and then. I was glad to see us get him in the trade, as he has deserved a shot at a legitimate starting spot.

He was a top prospect with the Cubs for a reason. His stuff was downright electric tonight. If he can do that just 60% of the time, I'll be very very happy.

This is what those of us who watch the Cubs were saying all along. He has the ability to pitch much better than his numbers would indicate, and has had some amazing stretches. Let's not get too excited though, he always brings out a great start or two, the question is whether he can maintain the consistency. He has a tendency to come out and get absolutely rocked every now and then. I was glad to see us get him in the trade, as he has deserved a shot at a legitimate starting spot.

 

 

hopefully not moving him around from the rotation to the bullpen back to the rotation, and so on, will help him have some consistency. that, and having krany as his pitching coach again.

This is what those of us who watch the Cubs were saying all along. He has the ability to pitch much better than his numbers would indicate, and has had some amazing stretches. Let's not get too excited though, he always brings out a great start or two, the question is whether he can maintain the consistency. He has a tendency to come out and get absolutely rocked every now and then. I was glad to see us get him in the trade, as he has deserved a shot at a legitimate starting spot.

 

 

hopefully not moving him around from the rotation to the bullpen back to the rotation, and so on, will help him have some consistency. that, and having krany as his pitching coach again.

 

Plus he'll get some breathing room to where he doesn't have to dominate eveyr game. He debuted fairly young and its gotta be tough for a guy to know the instant he screws up, he's back down to the minors.

Oh come on, you've been at this four years. You know better!

 

You know what they say about people from Boca.

:plain

  • Author

Oh come on, you've been at this four years. You know better!

 

You know what they say about people from Boca.

 

We're smarter than you?

wasn't sergio mitre who blanked us last year w/ the cubs? I can't remember since the cubs starting rotation was constantly changing. But I remember going "alright, we get mitre this should be good" then 3 hours later going "son of a bitch, we got mitre, this sucks!"

wasn't sergio mitre who blanked us last year w/ the cubs? I can't remember since the cubs starting rotation was constantly changing. But I remember going "alright, we get mitre this should be good" then 3 hours later going "son of a bitch, we got mitre, this sucks!"

 

yep, thats him

wasn't sergio mitre who blanked us last year w/ the cubs? I can't remember since the cubs starting rotation was constantly changing. But I remember going "alright, we get mitre this should be good" then 3 hours later going "son of a bitch, we got mitre, this sucks!"

 

yep, thats him

 

 

sweet, the cubs have a rich history of letting go young talent.

see- Maddox Willis Farnsworth

Ya, Mitre is really awesome. I'm so happy he's in our rotation and I can't believe anyone would say a negative thing about him. I think he'll contend with Train for the Cy Young.

 

 

Cy Young? I don't think he's that good yet.

He reminded me of Kevin Brown last night. Very nice sinker and 2 seam fastball that can touch 96-97 with GREAT movement. Brown also was plauged by inconsistentcy early in his career.

wasn't sergio mitre who blanked us last year w/ the cubs? I can't remember since the cubs starting rotation was constantly changing. But I remember going "alright, we get mitre this should be good" then 3 hours later going "son of a bitch, we got mitre, this sucks!"

 

yep, thats him

 

 

sweet, the cubs have a rich history of letting go young talent.

see- Maddox Willis Farnsworth

 

Maddux and Willis, yes. Farnsworth was a joke. I don't care if he becomes the best pitcher in the league, his time in a Cubs uni was done, as his absolutely horrible command lost many games for the Cubs. And i've never seen a pitcher look so dumb on the mound. When a guy who throws 98 is never even considered for the closing job on a team in desperate need of one, that is telling.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.