Nats vs Marlins---7:35et---at Dolphin Stadium

Fish4Life

vs.

Ryan Drese Dontreeeeelll Willlis

Willis goes for first win in opener

Washington (2-8) at Florida (2-6), 7:35 p.m. ET

With a little bit of luck, Dontrelle Willis could already have a pair of victories in this young season.

Instead, the D-Train has not yet been involved in a decision after two fine starts. Both of those games ended up being Marlins losses.

Still, Willis enters his Friday start against the Nationals with the top ERA of National League starters with more than five innings pitched. Willis has given up two runs in 13 innings, a 1.38 mark. He has struck out seven and walked three while allowing eight hits.

By tripping up the Padres, 9-2, on Thursday afternoon, the Marlins snapped a five-game losing streak. Now, they turn to Willis in hopes of winning two in a row for the first time this season.

In his fourth big-league season, Willis has a 46-27 career record. The left-hander is three wins shy of tying A.J. Burnett for the most victories in franchise history.

Hanley Ramirez carries an eight-game hitting streak into the game. The 22-year-old shortstop is the first Marlins rookie to open a season having hit safely in eight straight games.

It seems doubtful that rookie right fielder Jeremy Hermida will start Friday. Hermida has missed two straight games with a right hip flexor problem.

Pitching matchup

FLA: LHP Dontrelle Willis (0-0, 1.38 ERA)

Willis gave up two runs in eight innings in his last start, at the Mets last Sunday. In the month of April, Willis remains 8-0 in his young career. Lifetime, Willis is 8-3 with a 3.02 ERA against the Nationals.

WAS: RHP Ryan Drese (0-1, 2.25 ERA)

Drese will make his second start of the season and second career appearance versus Florida. He gave up three runs in 5 1/3 innings and struck out eight in his previous outing against the Marlins last season. In his first start this year, Drese gave up four runs -- one earned -- in a loss at the Astros.

On the Internet

MLB.TV

Gameday Audio

On television

? FSN

On radio

? 560 WQAM; 1140 WQBA (Espa?ol)

Lets go Fish

:marlins

This game is on TV, the next two games are not

If that is the case then I might not go tonight and go to the next 2 so I can watch them live.

I love MLB.tv.

You'd spend a lot less getting MLB.tv then you would going to games that aren't on tv.

Lets go Fish

If that is the case then I might not go tonight and go to the next 2 so I can watch them live.

I love MLB.tv.

You'd spend a lot less getting MLB.tv then you would going to games that aren't on tv. Yes but I would rather take the 20 minute drive to the stadium and enjoy the stadium surroundings while watching the game live where I can take pictures. Plus I refuse to spend 70+ bucks on internet tv that doesnt even work 100% all the time. I have MLB Radio which is perfect for me at work.

Lets go Fish

I love MLB.tv.

You'd spend a lot less getting MLB.tv then you would going to games that aren't on tv. Yes but I would rather take the 20 minute drive to the stadium and enjoy the stadium surroundings while watching the game live where I can take pictures. Plus I refuse to spend 70+ bucks on internet tv that doesnt even work 100% all the time. I have MLB Radio which is perfect for me at work.

You can get the stadium in 20 minutes?

Damn, dewd, how fast do you drive? :o

Lets go Fish

I love MLB.tv.

Damn, dewd, how fast do you drive? :o LOL give or take 15-20 minutes. I guess I meant it usually feels like 20 minutes since its right up the highway. I drive like an old man.

Lets go Fish

I love MLB.tv.

Damn, dewd, how fast do you drive? :o LOL give or take 15-20 minutes. I guess I meant it usually feels like 20 minutes since its right up the highway. I drive like an old man.

1: Start out going EAST on W SAMPLE RD / FL-834 E toward NW 94TH AVE. 5.3 miles Map

2: Merge onto FLORIDA'S TURNPIKE S toward MIAMI (Portions toll). 23.5 miles Map

3: Take the NW 199TH ST. exit- EXIT 2X- toward STADIUM. 0.7 miles Map

4: Turn RIGHT onto HONEY HILL RD / NW 199TH ST / DAN MARINO BLVD / FL-854. 0.1 miles Map

5: End at 2267 Nw 199th St

Opa Locka, FL 33056-2600, US Map

Total Est. Time: 33 minutes Total Est. Distance: 29.81 miles