Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

omg guys do u see that crowd

Featured Replies

Dude they did it because they want the new stadium !!!!! When they get the new stadium, they can sit back, get luxury tax money & luxury box money -- and any ticket sales & parking fees at all will be gravy -- they won't care, as long as they get the stadium deal -- any money put out by them so-far will be made back this year and next with luxury tax monies. If this deal gets done, by 2010 Loria will have a nice little money making scheme going on and will never upset the cart to try and actually win with a big payroll -- that is too risky -- see 2005 for an example -- but its much easier to keep payroll to a minimum and watch the money roll in from luxury tax, luxury boxes and any TV & radio contracts.

 

See Cincy, Pittsburgh and Milwaukee.

 

 

I disagree. They did it because it is hard to operate a team when you are barely breaking even. It is a business, so their primary concern is making money. Loria seems pretty up front about the whole deal, and as long as Beinfest is the GM, I think they will put the best team that is economically feasible. I trust these guys a lot more than Huizenga, for sure.

 

This year he is doing a lot better than "breaking even". He is getting at least $ 40 million in reveue sharing according to what I heard on the radio earlier today. Add whatever he gets from tickets. With operating expenses around $ 20 million he's making some serious extra cash this year.

I sit in the fish tank and spend, at most, 20 bucks.

 

 

 

Well you must go the whole game without buying beer-soda's or food. I like to enjoy the game and that includes goodies!

Fish Tank tickets:

8 dollars

Chicken tenders and fries 7

Large drink5

 

Plus 10 for parking. Still not the 70 dollars some guys are throwing out.

 

that alone is 30 american peso's... I take my 2 kiddies with me, who are Big time Marlin fans. Can't say no to ice cream and peanuts to them. Yeah $70 is on the low end for me

Announced attendance was 6,652, but no way there was even 1/2 of that in attendance. There must be many season ticket holders staying home. That's pretty bad when you don't bother to go to the game even when you have a paid seat.

 

 

That is really speaking volumes right there.

I've gone to 2 games this year, and my goal is to see every team in the NL this season. Except the rockies, I guess...

 

I love going to baseball games, and spending 30 bucks for 3 hours of entertainment is a great value. And if you are dishonest, you can move from the fish tank to the other seats. Nobody will stop you. But the most fun you can have at a marlins game is in the fish tank. Best people in the world out there, man.

 

This year he is doing a lot better than "breaking even". He is getting at least $ 40 million in reveue sharing according to what I heard on the radio earlier today. Add whatever he gets from tickets. With operating expenses around $ 20 million he's making some serious extra cash this year.

 

 

Oh, I know. but haven't they been operating in the red for 3 or 4 years? Gotta make it up somehow. I'll take these 2 bad years if they'll at least attempt to add money, and I think they will be.

Attendance for the year projects out to less than 900K, but it also seems to be getting progressively worse. They may not make 750K.

 

 

That seems a bit drastic, but not completely impossible.

 

We've got 11 home games down, 70 to go. They're guaranteed 455,000 for the remainder of the schedule (6,500 * 70) and figure to add and extra 135,000 for the 6 games against the Cubs and Sox (22,500 on top of the 6,500...29,000 is a conservative estimate for average for those 6 games). So, that means they're at 590,000 easily for the remainder of the season...plus the 110,000 we have so far (more or less, right?).

 

Figure a peak for at least a few Mets games and maybe if Bonds is playing when the Giants get here or Clemens with the Astros.

 

I will say, for your run of the mill game here-on-in, I'd call averaging 11,000 a tremendous success.

 

Really, I'd say we should crack 800,000, but not by much.

I mean this as respectfully as possible, but you're a horrible fan.

 

Raising the price for a diminished product is terribly bad business on the part of Loria...but...a fan's a fan. If all you want to do is see winning, then that's fine, we get it, we'll see you in 2 years. If you enjoy baseball and live in Miami, it's almost inexcusable that you don't go to two or three games.

 

You don't have to spend $80 on a ticket, but the excuses not to go are getting tired.

 

Everyone would love to pay $5 and sit right behind the plate and get drinks for $1 and have the players sign everything you want, but it's not going to happen. As a matter of fact, it's never happened.

 

The price hike is disgusting, but it isn't as if they're saying you can't sit in the cheap seats and enjoy a game. If it's your personal preference to sit as close as possible, then that's your choice, but realize that it is also personal bias that is causing the price to be high.

 

Not to take a high and mighty attitude, but really the only people who have a right to bitch are season ticket holders because they were forced into early renewals under completely false pretenses. As a fan of the franchise with nothing other than walk-up committments, it's laughable that you'd refuse to go to one or two games this season, essentially, you're letting $5 or $10 come between you and the game you at least claim to enjoy.

 

 

TSwift, who is enjoying seeing what product we have ? That's the point. We aren't having ANY fun anymore -- so why fight traffic, and spend an outrageous sum of hard earned money for something that is ultimately a very disappointing experience ?

Announced attendance was 6,652, but no way there was even 1/2 of that in attendance. There must be many season ticket holders staying home. That's pretty bad when you don't bother to go to the game even when you have a paid seat.

 

 

That is really speaking volumes right there.

 

 

what's sad is that they are counting sold seats as opposed to actual attendance. They must think fans are stupid. Even on TV you can tell there was no more than 1500 or so people at that game. They are going to have to just charge 5 bucks and sit wherever you want. That at least will bring some dignity to the team. I wonder if the players have any feelings about attendance. Then again maybe since 90% of them are minor leaguers, they may be use to 2k in attendance.

TSwift, who is enjoying seeing what product we have ? That's the point. We aren't having ANY fun anymore -- so why fight traffic, and spend an outrageous sum of hard earned money for something that is ultimately a very disappointing experience ?

 

 

I enjoy it, because I enjoy baseball, and I enjoy the Marlins, win or lose. Thats what happens when you're a fan...

I mean this as respectfully as possible, but you're a horrible fan.

 

Raising the price for a diminished product is terribly bad business on the part of Loria...but...a fan's a fan. If all you want to do is see winning, then that's fine, we get it, we'll see you in 2 years. If you enjoy baseball and live in Miami, it's almost inexcusable that you don't go to two or three games.

 

You don't have to spend $80 on a ticket, but the excuses not to go are getting tired.

 

Everyone would love to pay $5 and sit right behind the plate and get drinks for $1 and have the players sign everything you want, but it's not going to happen. As a matter of fact, it's never happened.

 

The price hike is disgusting, but it isn't as if they're saying you can't sit in the cheap seats and enjoy a game. If it's your personal preference to sit as close as possible, then that's your choice, but realize that it is also personal bias that is causing the price to be high.

 

Not to take a high and mighty attitude, but really the only people who have a right to bitch are season ticket holders because they were forced into early renewals under completely false pretenses. As a fan of the franchise with nothing other than walk-up committments, it's laughable that you'd refuse to go to one or two games this season, essentially, you're letting $5 or $10 come between you and the game you at least claim to enjoy.

 

 

TSwift, who is enjoying seeing what product we have ? That's the point. We aren't having ANY fun anymore -- so why fight traffic, and spend an outrageous sum of hard earned money for something that is ultimately a very disappointing experience ?

 

So then don't bother caring.

 

It takes very little to go see the games that just Dontrelle pitches, or the games against guys in your division.

 

Don't complain when Dontrelle gets traded or Cabrera gets traded if you won't make an effort to see them at least a handful of times ever year.

I've gone to 2 games this year, and my goal is to see every team in the NL this season. Except the rockies, I guess...

 

I love going to baseball games, and spending 30 bucks for 3 hours of entertainment is a great value. And if you are dishonest, you can move from the fish tank to the other seats. Nobody will stop you. But the most fun you can have at a marlins game is in the fish tank. Best people in the world out there, man.

 

 

This year he is doing a lot better than "breaking even". He is getting at least $ 40 million in reveue sharing according to what I heard on the radio earlier today. Add whatever he gets from tickets. With operating expenses around $ 20 million he's making some serious extra cash this year.

 

 

Oh, I know. but haven't they been operating in the red for 3 or 4 years? Gotta make it up somehow. I'll take these 2 bad years if they'll at least attempt to add money, and I think they will be.

 

You have more faith in Mr Loria than I do. He hasn't shown us he's a man of his word yet -- he lied to Delgado, he lied when he said he would never break up the team, he lied when he said he was committed to So Fla. That adds up to me someone I wouldn't trust very far.

I sit in the fish tank and spend, at most, 20 bucks.

 

 

 

Well you must go the whole game without buying beer-soda's or food. I like to enjoy the game and that includes goodies!

Fish Tank tickets:

8 dollars

Chicken tenders and fries 7

Large drink5

 

Plus 10 for parking. Still not the 70 dollars some guys are throwing out.

 

I know you COULD go and only spend 30 dollars, but I'm a pig and if I sit there for over three hours, I'm eating and drinking alot more.

You could eat before hand and then just chow down on peanuts to hold you over until after the game.

 

Or hell, tailgate. I do that for the games I go to on Saturdays, and it's great if you park in the same place you can meet people and all that.

I've gone to 2 games this year, and my goal is to see every team in the NL this season. Except the rockies, I guess...

 

I love going to baseball games, and spending 30 bucks for 3 hours of entertainment is a great value. And if you are dishonest, you can move from the fish tank to the other seats. Nobody will stop you. But the most fun you can have at a marlins game is in the fish tank. Best people in the world out there, man.

 

 

This year he is doing a lot better than "breaking even". He is getting at least $ 40 million in reveue sharing according to what I heard on the radio earlier today. Add whatever he gets from tickets. With operating expenses around $ 20 million he's making some serious extra cash this year.

 

 

Oh, I know. but haven't they been operating in the red for 3 or 4 years? Gotta make it up somehow. I'll take these 2 bad years if they'll at least attempt to add money, and I think they will be.

 

You have more faith in Mr Loria than I do. He hasn't shown us he's a man of his word yet -- he lied to Delgado, he lied when he said he would never break up the team, he lied when he said he was committed to So Fla. That adds up to me someone I wouldn't trust very far.

 

I trust a crack head that promises to pay me back 50 bucks in an hour, than trust someone that lies like Loria and has a resume that proves he can get a team out of a city (Expos anyone?)

Last game I went to a few days ago I had free tickets....good ones too.....front row founder's field. Went with my son. Still cost me $70

 

 

Last year paying "$50-80" for a game meant seeing DELGADO-CABS-AJ-BECKETT-CASTILLO-JUAN-WILLIS-DUCA and Company.

 

This year paying "$50 - 80" means seeing a AAA team play AAA Ball. Olivo-Jacobs-Mitre and company.

 

 

Your Honor...I rest my Case!

 

I mean this as respectfully as possible, but you're a horrible fan.

 

Raising the price for a diminished product is terribly bad business on the part of Loria...but...a fan's a fan. If all you want to do is see winning, then that's fine, we get it, we'll see you in 2 years. If you enjoy baseball and live in Miami, it's almost inexcusable that you don't go to two or three games.

 

You don't have to spend $80 on a ticket, but the excuses not to go are getting tired.

 

Everyone would love to pay $5 and sit right behind the plate and get drinks for $1 and have the players sign everything you want, but it's not going to happen. As a matter of fact, it's never happened.

 

The price hike is disgusting, but it isn't as if they're saying you can't sit in the cheap seats and enjoy a game. If it's your personal preference to sit as close as possible, then that's your choice, but realize that it is also personal bias that is causing the price to be high.

 

Not to take a high and mighty attitude, but really the only people who have a right to bitch are season ticket holders because they were forced into early renewals under completely false pretenses. As a fan of the franchise with nothing other than walk-up committments, it's laughable that you'd refuse to go to one or two games this season, essentially, you're letting $5 or $10 come between you and the game you at least claim to enjoy.

 

You know you can watch games on TV? I don't see why 'being a good fan' must include going to the stadium.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.