Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

omg guys do u see that crowd

Featured Replies

Yeah, I just took a look here, and I'm not to happy with this showing,

 

Stadium cam

 

I'd say around 5,000. but paid will probably be announced higher.

 

the rockies TV announcers said there was 18,000 in the stands saturday night...my guess was about 8-9 grand. i can guarentee you it wasn't 18,000.

Why do we have to have a thread about this every day?

 

I know our attendance sucks but what can we do about it? Nothing, other than going to as many games as possible.

Forget about the announced crowd...that's BS. It looks to me like there's 2000-3000 people there. On a perfect night weather wise. Dontrelle on the mound. Really pathetic.

Sadly, you should expect it go continually get worse as the Marlins fall further and further in the standings.

 

Loria and Co. did this to themselves. You can't blame the fans for not being interested enough to go out to the ballpark on a week night.

 

In my view they could have substantially reduced payroll without totally alienating the fan base. They should have kept Castillo, Pierre and LoDuca. It would have been understandable to shed the Delgado contract, use Beckett to move Lowell and see the FAs walk. The other guys under contract should have stayed. Payroll would have been $36M, still allowing for a signficant financial windfall.

Yeah, I just took a look here, and I'm not to happy with this showing,

 

Stadium cam

 

I'd say around 5,000. but paid will probably be announced higher.

 

 

I think we've got about 8,500 locked in with season packages.

Yeah, I just took a look here, and I'm not to happy with this showing,

 

Stadium cam

 

I'd say around 5,000. but paid will probably be announced higher.

 

 

I think we've got about 8,500 locked in with season packages.

 

Also if the seats were a dark color the attendance wouldnt look that bad.

Yeah, I just took a look here, and I'm not to happy with this showing,

 

Stadium cam

 

I'd say around 5,000. but paid will probably be announced higher.

 

 

I think we've got about 8,500 locked in with season packages.

 

Also if the seats were a dark color the attendance wouldnt look that bad.

 

unfortunately it still doesn't change that there's such poor attendance :(

Sadly, you should expect it go continually get worse as the Marlins fall further and further in the standings.

 

Loria and Co. did this to themselves. You can't blame the fans for not being interested enough to go out to the ballpark on a week night.

 

In my view they could have substantially reduced payroll without totally alienating the fan base. They should have kept Castillo, Pierre and LoDuca. It would have been understandable to shed the Delgado contract, use Beckett to move Lowell and see the FAs walk. The other guys under contract should have stayed. Payroll would have been $36M, still allowing for a signficant financial windfall.

 

I agree. Let's wait for the 2 FO apologists to chime in with their business of baseball bs.

Yeah, I just took a look here, and I'm not to happy with this showing,

 

Stadium cam

 

I'd say around 5,000. but paid will probably be announced higher.

 

 

I think we've got about 8,500 locked in with season packages.

 

Also if the seats were a dark color the attendance wouldnt look that bad.

 

unfortunately it still doesn't change that there's such poor attendance :(

 

I was watching the Indians game yesterday and the stadium looked pretty full and they only had 22k at the game. Bright seats shout out "Nobody is sitting in me" Dark ones don't shout anything. I have major problems I know :lol .

Sadly, you should expect it go continually get worse as the Marlins fall further and further in the standings.

 

Loria and Co. did this to themselves. You can't blame the fans for not being interested enough to go out to the ballpark on a week night.

 

In my view they could have substantially reduced payroll without totally alienating the fan base. They should have kept Castillo, Pierre and LoDuca. It would have been understandable to shed the Delgado contract, use Beckett to move Lowell and see the FAs walk. The other guys under contract should have stayed. Payroll would have been $36M, still allowing for a signficant financial windfall.

 

I agree. Let's wait for the 2 FO apologists to chime in with their business of baseball bs.

 

:lol

 

Hide the women and children.

Lets see a team that sells off all its good players, is on pace for over 100 losses and increased ticket prices is a perfect recipe to draw no one.

Lets see a team that sells off all its good players, is on pace for over 100 losses and increased ticket prices is a perfect recipe to draw no one.

 

 

Oooooooooh man, 2003 and RFerry are just waiting to bite your head off :whistle :p .

 

Seriously, the fact that there are even people who buy walk-up tickets for this team is testament to this at least being an average baseball market if it were ever done properly.

Sadly, you should expect it go continually get worse as the Marlins fall further and further in the standings.

 

Loria and Co. did this to themselves. You can't blame the fans for not being interested enough to go out to the ballpark on a week night.

 

In my view they could have substantially reduced payroll without totally alienating the fan base. They should have kept Castillo, Pierre and LoDuca. It would have been understandable to shed the Delgado contract, use Beckett to move Lowell and see the FAs walk. The other guys under contract should have stayed. Payroll would have been $36M, still allowing for a signficant financial windfall.

 

When there's no profitable stadium and no fan support, I'll be sad to see the team leave, but I'm not going to absolve the fans of any blame. Nor should you. We're all to blame. Fans, Loria, politicians, the minority partners, Selig, business community, Huizenga, and more. Every single one of us in some way, whether it be our actions or inaction.

announced crowd on the official boxscore was 6,017....so i guess there isn't 8500 season ticket holders....wow 6,017...DAMN

 

 

I guess that's weekend seats then.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.