This sucks....

Wow, our team is only getting worse. After every loss, Girardi seems like he's going to cry instead of having confidence in his players.

He is not the right guy for this job. Instead of firing his team up.....it seems like everyone is in mourning (as if someone died).

We all knew this season was going to be rough but we made a mistake in hiring Girardi. Fredi Gonzalez would have been a better hire- he has experience in the minors (minor league manager of the year 2x and is the latin influence we need).

Good luck to everyone this year and don't let this team get you too down....football season is right around the corner. :thumbup

Oh please. Why does Girardi get high marks from everyone about how he is the right person.

Leave if you are going to bitch about this season. We all knew it was going to be tough.

I can't believe that you guys believe Girardi isn't the right person, yet he has a little over a month of managerial experience. How much better would this team be right now if Fredi Gonzalez was manager? I doubt it would have changed anything at all.

Wow, our team is only getting worse. After every loss, Girardi seems like he's going to cry instead of having confidence in his players.

He is not the right guy for this job. Instead of firing his team up.....it seems like everyone is in mourning (as if someone died).

We all knew this season was going to be rough but we made a mistake in hiring Girardi. Fredi Gonzalez would have been a better hire- he has experience in the minors (minor league manager of the year 2x and is the latin influence we need).

Good luck to everyone this year and don't let this team get you too down....football season is right around the corner. :thumbup

I don't know that being Latino should be a requirement to work with young players ? :rolleyes:

I am certain that Girardi didn't sign up to manage this team knowing he was to be handed this youth. I'm sure he was p*ssed but was stuck after signing the contract with Loria.

That said, it does seem he is not nearly as enthused as he was two or three weeks ago (who would be ?). I am just hoping that he can find a way to get them fired up to at least compete again. I thought they might have turned the corner in Washington, but I guess we're seeing it may be because Washington is just about as bad as the Marlins.

Playing baseball is a lot about playing with confidence, and right now our boys are not playing with much. Maybe Jo-Jo can find a way to get them out of the doldrums. Unless he does it could be a long long long Summer.

Oh please. Why does Girardi get high marks from everyone about how he is the right person.

Leave if you are going to bitch about this season. We all knew it was going to be tough.

I can't believe that you guys believe Girardi isn't the right person, yet he has a little over a month of managerial experience. How much better would this team be right now if Fredi Gonzalez was manager? I doubt it would have changed anything at all.

Exactly...it wouldn't be different. The Marlins are just way too young and inexpeirenced, and at many positions just don't have MLB caliber players. Maybe some of them can become MLB caliber, but most of them won't. We've tried to force A and AA players to be MLBers and its showing.

Im talking about Giardi's attitude more than anything.

You can't seem like someone died 24/7. We need someone energetic- everyday is a new day.

Has Girardi even argued one call this year????? Does he know what he's doing out there?

You can't seem like someone died 24/7. We need someone energetic- everyday is a new day.

Has Girardi even argued one call this year????? Does he know what he's doing out there?

yeah we need to get motivated and get agressive if someone hits our batters we need to fight and he does need to argue calls to show he cares and defend the team win or lose :hat

We have the lowest payroll in MLB by about $15 million and incredibly we dont have the worst record in baseball.

Your daily "Its all Girardi's fault" posts are really getting old.

:banghead :banghead :banghead

All this Giardi needs to be fired is pissing me off... Give me a break, this guy is learning and so are the players... Yea he makes a bad call here in there but that happens...

Did you expect this team to be 20 games over .500? Girardi is not to blame... Hes the least of our problems right now...

All this Giardi needs to be fired is pissing me off... Give me a break, this guy is learning and so are the players... Yea he makes a bad call here in there but that happens...

Did you expect this team to be 20 games over .500? Girardi is not to blame... Hes the least of our problems right now...

Im not saying that he needs to be fired nor will he be fired.

All Im saying is that this team made a mistake in hiring him. I agree that we only have minor league talent right now and we are a bad team as as now- no matter what.

All Im saying is that this team made a mistake in hiring him. I agree that we only have minor league talent right now and we are a bad team as as now- no matter what.

Why didnt he deserve to be hired? You gave no valid points, you just said he shouldnt have been hired because the team is 8-21... Who would you have hired?

Why didnt he deserve to be hired? You gave no valid points, you just said he shouldnt have been hired because the team is 8-21... Who would you have hired?

http://www.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article...rtnered=rss_fla

THIS IS THE MAN!!!

I know its easy to look back at this....but the guy who got away....

Gonzalez, 42, was the Florida Marlins third base coach from 1999 through 2001. Before joining the Marlins major league club, he managed in the minor leagues for nine years, earning league manager of the year honors from Baseball America three times: in 1993 when High Desert finished 82-52 in the regular season and won the Class-A California League championship; in 1994, when Brevard County went 78-61 in the Class-A Florida State League; and in 1997, when he guided Portland (ME) to a 79-63 record and first place in the AA Eastern League.

Gonzalez began his managerial career in 1990, taking over the unaffiliated Miami Miracle of the Florida State League with 20 games to play. He continued with the Miracle in 1991 before becoming the first minor league manager in Marlins franchise history in 1992, leading Erie to the New York-Penn League championship series. After spending 1993 with High Desert, he managed Brevard County from 1994 through 1996, and then moved up to Portland in 1997 and Charlotte of the AAA International League in 1998.

In 1999, Most alarming is that only the Marlins seriously considered a Hispanic for manager before choosing John Boles over Fredi Gonzalez to replace Jim Leyland..... http://www.hispaniconline.com/magazine/1999/apr/Features/

In 2006, Gonzalez finished 2nd to Girardi in being picked as manager....thats twice he was passed over! ......

Maybe 3rd times a charm in the future!

So your point is that Fredi was the right man and he would have more wins right now than Girardi?

No....do I think he would have more wins? Yes. Do I think McKeon would have more wins? Yes.

Does it matter? NO! Because this team is not ready to compete either way.

I'm just saying that Girardi wants to go to Chicago or New York in the future anyway....how does that benefit us? He wants the bright lights on him. I'm sure it was Loria and his love for New York that wanted Girardi. Beinfest would have chosen a guy like Fredi Gonzalez who has been a proven successful manager.

Gonzalez was the right guy for the future of this team if you ask me. Fredi has had a winning record everywhere he's been.

You can take this anyway you'd like but I'm just saying that Fredi Gonzalez will one day make a great manager like Ozzie Guillen.....mark my words.

In 1999, Most alarming is that only the Marlins seriously considered a Hispanic for manager before choosing John Boles over Fredi Gonzalez to replace Jim Leyland..... http://www.hispaniconline.com/magazine/1999/apr/Features/

In 2006, Gonzalez finished 2nd to Girardi in being picked as manager....thats twice he was passed over! ......

So your point is that Fredi was the right man and he would have more wins right now than Girardi?

No....do I think he would have more wins? Yes. Do I think McKeon would have more wins? Yes.

I'm just saying that Girardi wants to go to Chicago or New York in the future anyway....how does that benefit us? He wants the bright lights on him. I'm sure it was Loria and his love for New York that wanted Girardi. Beinfest would have chosen a guy like Fredi Gonzalez who has been a proven successful manager.

Gonzalez was the right guy for the future of this team if you ask me. Fredi has had a winning record everywhere he's been.

You can take this anyway you'd like but I'm just saying that Fredi Gonzalez will one day make a great manager like Ozzie Guillen.....mark my words.

I dont disagree with you about Fredi... I actually love Fredi and think he will be a great manager but out of the 21 Marlins losses you can't blame more than 10 of those on Giradi... He doesnt play... There were games that the marlins just didnt get the timley hits and/or commited HORRIBLE errors... Yea there was sometimes that Girardi left in the SP in too late but Jack did that too... You have to blame the losses on the players not Joe...

Fredi is great. I would have really liked for him to be the new Marlins manager. It just didnt happen.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.