Hank Goldberg is an ***hole

Javy88

I called his show today because everyone was talking crap about Loria and I think I said a very solid point in that Loria is a good owner who has spent money in the past. I also stated that I don't think Loria has the resources to own a MLB team but that he has very good intentions. As I went on arguing he kept on brushing off everything I said and ended up hanging up on me just as I was about to ask Mike Barardino a question.

I hate him almost as much as LeRetard. The Boog is the only cool one left on the radio today.

*Sorry I accidently posted this in the wrong forum. I don't know how to delete it.*

Guest Festa

I called his show today because everyone was talking crap about Loria and I think I said a very solid point in that Loria is a good owner who has spent money in the past. I also stated that I don't think Loria has the resources to own a MLB team but that he has very good intentions. As I went on arguing he kept on brushing off everything I said and ended up hanging up on me just as I was about to ask Mike Barardino a question.

I hate him almost as much as LeRetard. The Boog and Jerry del Castillo are the only cool ones left on the radio today.

Fixed.

You just now realize Goldberg is an ass?...Boog is a cool Dude , he is the guy we wanna have a beer with and talk sports. BTW is Cro stil around?

I also wouldn't mind hanging around a strip joint with Ed Kaplan

As far as I know the Cro does the pre-game on weekends on WQAM.

Eddie K is the best. Knows his baseball talk, and always has some nice insight.

Hank Goldberg is a baseball hating fatso who will always hang up on a caller when he realizes he is going to be on he short end of an argument. The good news? He should be due for a heart attack soon.

Boog? Greatest radio play by play guy in South Florida baseball history. Yeah.

LeBatard is great. He's a funny guy, and with Stugotz they make a great tandom.

But ya, Boog is cool. You have to love when he starts of a sentence really slowly, as if he's thinking about what to say..."Ya..I mean, ya.....I get it....But...To me, this is what I think."

The first time I saw Hank Goldberg in person was at Calder Race Track about 20 years ago when he was just another voice on the radio, before he made it big. He was clunking his fat A** up the stairs in the clubhouse. Had a hot dog in one hand, a racing form in the other hand, and a second hot dog sticking out of his mouth. Now, whenever I hear his voice or see him I can't get that image out of my mind. His radio show is just about unlistenable. He fills it up with name dropping people he associates with or pretty girls he's been with(those ESPN bucks can buy the best, he's certainly not getting any for free).

.The 2 guys I like the best on the radio are Ed Kaplan...a pompous guy but a good knowledgable opinion. Also Jeff DeForest...a good opinion, and very very funny. Too bad he was moved from 7PM to the 5AM-7AM slot. There's not much funny at that time. I know I'm not laughing.

Ed Kaplan is a straight up type of guy...loves his sports...his gambling... and his strippers. Not necessarily in that order. Man he knows his sports!...I really believe that what makes Eddie K and Boog so great is that they r real fans. By the way Eddie Kaplan really knows his NBA basketball and he has forgotten more baseball than most sportstalk host would ever learn in their lifetime

First off, Hank is a baseball fan and was a season ticketholder. There is nothing that Hank has said that isn't true. He is for baseball staying but doesn't feel that $430 million cost is accurate. And he is correct. I've saying all along that the stadium will cost at minium $525 million. He was also pushing for getting a taskforce together from the Beacon Council.

Jim Mandich has also been saying the same thing that there cost estimates are way to low. Maddog is also not real baseball fan. He once said that baseball was 7 guys in pajamas watcing 2 play catch. Where's the ripping there?

First off, Hank is a baseball fan and was a season ticketholder. There is nothing that Hank has said that isn't true. He is for baseball staying but doesn't feel that $430 million cost is accurate. And he is correct. I've saying all along that the stadium will cost at minium $525 million. He was also pushing for getting a taskforce together from the Beacon Council.

Jim Mandich has also been saying the same thing that there cost estimates are way to low. Maddog is also not real baseball fan. He once said that baseball was 7 guys in pajamas watcing 2 play catch. Where's the ripping there?

:ok

Guest Festa

:ok

If the Marlins control construction they can build the ballpark for the estimated price. They build Busch Stadium for $344M, add $80-100M for a roof and you have a ballpark that cost between $424-444M.

If the Marlins control construction they can build the ballpark for the estimated price. They build Busch Stadium for $344M, add $80-100M for a roof and you have a ballpark that cost between $424-444M.

You have to remember that Busch Stadium was built with material and bids back in 2003. Since then the construction industry cost have sky rocketed. Combined with the world wide demand for construction material and higher fuel and oil prices, those numbers for Busch are unrealistic in todays market. Copper, wire, drywall, steel, concrete all are considerbly higher today than just a few months ago. In some cases have more than doubled overnight. Washinton's new stadium is up $100 million over their original estimate 0f $600 million.

So if we are conservative and say that construction cost is up 25% we are now looking at roughly $430 million for an open air stadium and $530 +/- million with a roof.

You have to remember that Busch Stadium was built with material and bids back in 2003. Since then the construction industry cost have sky rocketed. Combined with the world wide demand for construction material and higher fuel and oil prices, those numbers for Busch are unrealistic in todays market. Copper, wire, drywall, steel, concrete all are considerbly higher today than just a few months ago. In some cases have more than doubled overnight. Washinton's new stadium is up $100 million over their original estimate 0f $600 million.

So if we are conservative and say that construction cost is up 25% we are now looking at roughly $430 million for an open air stadium and $530 +/- million with a roof.

Fatso is not a baseball fan. Stop trying to kid this whole forum. He spews anti-baseball hate day in and day out and loves it when the Marlins play poorly.

In the media who would you describe as the biggest allies to the S. Fl Stadium proposal?

We all know that Hank Goldberg and Jim Mandich are not on the list!

In the media? That would be Jerry Del Castillo (Descarga Deportiva), without question. He visits this board -- this forum specifically -- and even posts on occassion.

And, yeah... Fat Hank hates Loria and the Marlins; regardless of what he says on the air.