Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I'm Convinced

Featured Replies

fine.... Urbina should be the closer and Fox should be the set up guy....

 

but, for some of you to rip Looper after the great year he has had this year is just classless....

 

up until this past week, Braden was one of the best closers in baseball, and now that he cant find the strikezone, most of you turn your backs on him and that is sad and pathetic...

 

this is all i have to say

Not everyone dislikes looper and rips him.

 

in fact only a small percentage of the board totally dislike him.

 

I've always liked him and know he's a good closer but he NEEDS to get his act together

I love the man as a person and a player. He just does not have the mental side of his game going right now....we all know hes got the ability. He will still be valuable to our pen. BTW the Cubs are about to tie the NL Central.

I feel bad for Loop. Listening to that on the radio tonight was flat-out depressing. Hopefully, he'll get it back in time for the playoffs, we're going to need him.

 

And the Cubs will be up a game, not tied.

There are ALWAYS going to be people that dislike certain players. I bet you if you asked this WHOLE board to list 3 players they didn't like, it would add up to be the entire Marlins roster. I don't know who's turning their backs per se.....I've always stuck up for him, but he's obviously struggling, so I support the switch.

I don't have any problem with him, but for whatever reason he's slipping right now and there's no room and more importantly, no time for coddling egos and being patient.

 

Every pitch could mean the season at this point, & if Looper can't get things together right now, he needs to sit. He's been a huge part of the team & has helped them get this far. I'm sure it's rough on him personally, he obviously wants to contribute. But sometimes the best thing for the team is to know when you don't have your best stuff.

I Have liked looper alot and i have Ripped him because he had to come bad when we are so close to Post Season. The bad thing about looper is just too many fastballs. I bet if he can mix in a slider or change up he would be more effective but im glad Ramp you agree that Urbina should close.

Everyone here may be saying that they never ripped the guy but all i know is that I never thought he should of been the closer, when Urbina came in I wanted him to close out games, he may of had a great streak in the middle of the season but during that streak he still found a way to make it nerve racking buy putting runnners on base and so on...Looper did a great job during part of the season but this isnt the time to start slipping.

I think now that you've said that we all realize that we really shouldn't have posted so many Looper bashing threads. After all, he had been lights out before the last week. I will also say, I think his stuff will return next year. Anyway, in the future he's gonna have to do a lot more than this to receive a bad post about him from me.

 

Thank you Braden Looper for all the exceptional closing you provided for almost the whole season. :notworthy

Where are the Looper bashing threads?

 

I dont think it is dishonest, or even crazed to say that Looper is not top of the line closer material. He never has been, but good enough to get the job done. I always saw similarities between he and Nen, but they havent translated on the field. Give McKeon a lot of credit for keeping this ship on course. I hope Loop gets it back though, but if Urbina is around, I dont see him getting his closer job back.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.