Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I want CARLOS QUENTIN

Featured Replies

I think we should trade with the D'Backs for this guy. I would trade Petit for him straight up.

 

Quentin would look awesome in teal....this year he's batting .286, 6 HR, 35 RBI (23 doubles) 3 SB/0 CS

 

He's only 24 and a career .316 hitter in the minors...great eye at the plate too....last year he had 72 BB/71 K's!! With a career SLG% of .534 and a career OPS of .962 and great defense, I think he's the real deal.

 

Some of this guys accolades:

2001 Freshman First Team All-America OF

Pacific-10 Newcomer of the Year

Pacific-10 Conference All-Star OF

2002 Summer League First-Team All-American OF

Pacific-10 Conference All-Star OF

2003 Pacific-10 Conference All-Star OF

Second Team College All-American OF

College World Series All-Tournament Team OF

2004 Baseball America First Team Minor League All-Star OF

Arizona Diamondbacks Minor League Player of the Year

 

 

It may take more than Petit to get him but we have the pitching to trade....I may even be willing to trade Petit and Pinto....what you guys think? He wouldn't cost a fortune like Carl Crawford would.

Personally, I'd rather have Chris Young. I think Carlos Quentin is destined to be a corner outfield, not a Centerfielder.

 

Young is ... umm..younger, faster, has a bit more power,will play a better CF and has a much higher ceiling IMO. For all of Carlos Quentin's accolades I think he should be putting up much better numbers as a 24 year old playing in a hitters ball park in the minors.

Personally, I'd rather have Chris Young. I think Carlos Quentin is destined to be a corner outfield, not a Centerfielder.

 

Young is ... umm..younger, faster, has a bit more power,will play a better CF and has a much higher ceiling IMO. For all of Carlos Quentin's accolades I think he should be putting up much better numbers as a 24 year old playing in a hitters ball park in the minors.

 

 

/agree. Was going to add something but actually you covered it all :)

Quentin or Young (who I'd also prefer) aren't coming to FLA unless it's in a package for Willis

 

 

 

I wouldn't agree with that. Arizona has a stockpile full of young outfielders, and not so many pitchers once you get past Brandon Webb. An Anibel Sanchez deal for Chris Young would make the Dbacks think very hard.

Quentin or Young (who I'd also prefer) aren't coming to FLA unless it's in a package for Willis

 

 

 

I wouldn't agree with that. Arizona has a stockpile full of young outfielders, and not so many pitchers once you get past Brandon Webb. An Anibel Sanchez deal for Chris Young would make the Dbacks think very hard.

 

I got to agree with wanks1212.

 

Arizona does have pitching, see Enrique Gonzalez, Dustin Nippert, Garret Mock, Micah Owings, Greg Smith, Edgar Gonzalez(all in either AAA or AA) and Matt Torra, Dallas Buck, Max Scherzer, Brooks Brown.

  • Author

Personally, I'd rather have Chris Young. I think Carlos Quentin is destined to be a corner outfield, not a Centerfielder.

 

Young is ... umm..younger, faster, has a bit more power,will play a better CF and has a much higher ceiling IMO. For all of Carlos Quentin's accolades I think he should be putting up much better numbers as a 24 year old playing in a hitters ball park in the minors.

 

 

 

I don't like Young that much as a MLBer. Didn't he K like 160 times? I'd rather have a better contact hitter.

Quentin or Young (who I'd also prefer) aren't coming to FLA unless it's in a package for Willis

 

 

 

I wouldn't agree with that. Arizona has a stockpile full of young outfielders, and not so many pitchers once you get past Brandon Webb. An Anibel Sanchez deal for Chris Young would make the Dbacks think very hard.

In the offseason maybe, but any in-season deal would have to include something that's going to help the D-Backs immediately, and trading for a pitcher in the minors probably isn't going to help them make the playoffs this year. D-Train is your best bet to bring a big in-season haul.

 

Next offseason is probably a better time to try a pitching prospects for outfield prospects deal.

Young has more speed than Quentin, who is a power hitting corner outfielder.

 

Quentin wouldn't fit in our CF, but Young would.

 

However, getting either one of those players would require giving up something pretty big.

Personally, I'd rather have Chris Young. I think Carlos Quentin is destined to be a corner outfield, not a Centerfielder.

 

Young is ... umm..younger, faster, has a bit more power,will play a better CF and has a much higher ceiling IMO. For all of Carlos Quentin's accolades I think he should be putting up much better numbers as a 24 year old playing in a hitters ball park in the minors.

 

 

 

I don't like Young that much as a MLBer. Didn't he K like 160 times? I'd rather have a better contact hitter.

 

 

Actually, this year Chris Young at age 22 has 35 strikeouts and 22 walks for .355 OBP in 195 ABs

Quentin has 37 K's in 238 ABs and 26 walks with a .404 OBP at age 23. Both are playing on the same team. Add to that Young's 4 more homeruns (10 to 6) plus his ability to play a better CF ... thats why I take Young.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.