How do you clean your nose?

Admin

Just wondering, which of these 3 choices do you prefer to get the goo out of your nasal cavity?

1. The blow. Stick a tissue up there, keep it clean(altho, I did see a kid completely miss and hit the girl sitting next to him on a school bus one time)

2. The pick. This is a classic. Stick whichever finger you want up there, and just go searching. If you find a treasure chest of snot, well then that just means you are working hard.

3. The farmer blow. This is where you shut one nostril with one finger, and let the goo fly out of the other, who cares where it lands. On the wall, on the floor, in someones hair, on a mirror. It doesnt matter. It's quick, and effective, but even more messy than the pick.

You see, I am a farmer blow pro. Its good if you work outside or play sports. It's manly. The pick is kind of juvenile, yet effective and I'll admit, for hard to get stuff I'll still use the pick on occasion. As for the standard blow, I rarely, if ever, use that method.

So, what is every one else's preferred methods for snot removal?

Just wondering, which of these 3 choices do you prefer to get the goo out of your nasal cavity?

1. The blow. Stick a tissue up there, keep it clean(altho, I did see a kid completely miss and hit the girl sitting next to him on a school bus one time)

2. The pick. This is a classic. Stick whichever finger you want up there, and just go searching. If you find a treasure chest of snot, well then that just means you are working hard.

3. The farmer blow. This is where you shut one nostril with one finger, and let the goo fly out of the other, who cares where it lands. On the wall, on the floor, in someones hair, on a mirror. It doesnt matter. It's quick, and effective, but even more messy than the pick.

You see, I am a farmer blow pro. Its good if you work outside or play sports. It's manly. The pick is kind of juvenile, yet effective and I'll admit, for hard to get stuff I'll still use the pick on occasion. As for the standard blow, I rarely, if ever, use that method.

So, what is every one else's preferred methods for snot removal?

when its just a small area to take care of, i go with the pick

but if im really clogged up, i go with the farmer blow

im really not a fan of the blow, its much less effective than #2 and 3

I use all three. I use the blow in the shower or while washing my face in the sink. I use the pick when it's needed and blow my nose when I have to. I only use the pick when I'm alone and can wash my hand, though (I'm a germaphobe like that).

However, interesting note: there's the wet paper towel pick. I use it at work, where you get a paper towel, wash your hands and then use the wet paper towel to get the nasties out of my nostrils.

I've been known to pick and flick, but it's hard to determine the angle and velocity with which the booger's going to leave your finger.

That's why you roll it around on your fingertips a little beforehand, to take away some of the stickiness.

If I have a cold, I blow my nose (unless I'm playing a sport, then its a farmer blow), for everything else I pick.