John Donnovan of SI is a tool

Fishfan79

Grade: D

Florida Marlins

38-48, .758 OPS (9th), 4.45 ERA (6th)

What went right: With little support in the lineup, third baseman Miguel Cabrera continues to rake (.334, 15 HRs, 61 RBIs, .432 OBP). Second baseman Dan Uggla was an All-Star too (.307, 13 HRs, 51 RBIs). Rookie shortstop Hanley Ramirez started the season on fire (.323 in May), though he has cooled off. Starter Josh Johnson (8-4, 2.21 ERA) has been very good, and lefty Dontrelle Willis (6-7, 3.94 ERA, 5-1 with a 2.67 in his last seven starts) leads the pitching staff by example. Since a terrible beginning to the season, the Marlins are 27-17.

What went wrong: That 11-31 start was a killer. Scott Olsen got into a couple of scraps with teammates, including fellow pitcher Randy Messenger. Ramirez followed his hot May with a chilly June (.190). Jeremy Hermida and Josh Willingham have done time on the DL.

What's next: More inconsistency from a young group on the rise, and some possible trades. Willis and Cabrera will be asked about, but GM Admin Beinfest seems intent on keeping them barring an offer that knocks him out of the water.

We get a D rating? Give me a break. http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=cnns...i&type=lgns

excuse me the braves got a D

we got an F

Grade: F

that should be an A being that we were supposed to break the all time record for losses like steve phillips said we would do...oh steve...how is that prediction working out for you? i seriously have no idea how there can be so many clueless sports writers around america...news papers really ought to look into having monkeys hit keys on a keyboard while they throw their own sh*t at each other...at least the monkeys might have a point and would be entertaining

We're the 4th worst team in the National League, I'm pretty sure that qualifies as 'F' material. Obviously, looking at it subjectively no one would say that we're a failure, but without taking anything else into account, we qualify as a 'bad' team at this point.

We're the 4th worst team in the National League, I'm pretty sure that qualifies as 'F' material. Obviously, looking at it subjectively no one would say that we're a failure, but without taking anything else into account, we qualify as a 'bad' team at this point.

A=excellent

B=above average

C=average

D=below average

F=awful

In what way are we worse than below average at this point?

A=excellent

B=above average

C=average

D=below average

F=awful

In what way are we worse than below average at this point?

I think the argument is that by major league standards, we're below average (10 games below is below average).

However, we all know how ridiculous that is as it's more fair to evaluate based on expectations relative to the team assembled. Using the SI system, the 2005 Marlins should be a B, and we all know they deserve an F.

This is how I'll rate the fish years:

2002: D

2003: A

2004: C

2005: D

2006: C

I'll easily give a team with a 15 million dollar payroll and only 10 games behind .500 a "B".

We have been in basically every game and RARELY get blown out. All those 1 run losses....we should be around .500 right now. I thought this team would easily lose 100 games but our pitching has been very solid this year.