Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

A new nickname for Willis

Featured Replies

Allright.....as 99.9% of us know we have a very special player on our team. I think that it's time for us, as Marlins fans, to come up with a new nickname for him. Something that will last for his career. D-Train is ok, but it's sort of meh. I'd hate for him to be stuck with this nickname for his career. Like Randy Johnson is stuck with The Big Unit. What the F### does that nickname mean. This exceptional athlete and team player needs something new. I have an idea for a new nickname. With all due respect to one one of our members, I think that Willis's new nickname should be "The Don". This is a name that transcends generations.

.

Discuss

How about "Mets Killer"

D-Train is kind of old, but it's still really cool and tons of people refer to him as that.

 

Maybe that cereal Kix because of his high leg kick?

 

otherwise i got nothing

  • Author

I think DTrain would be an acceptable nickname if he pitched in New York, where there is a DTrain. If he winds up in New York, that name will work fine. But I'd like to see him stay here. We have no DTrain in South Florida. The name makes no sense. I do not propose the name "Don". I am saying "The Don". as in The Godfather or The Sopranos. It has connotations of leadership. And he is clearly the leader of this year's team. And if his progression continues he will be the leader of any team that he is on.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.