Arguing Calls

Yesterday was kind of the last straw for me. I thought that play at home at least deserved a small complaint from our manager. For example, look at Frank Rbinson. Everyone in the stadium knows when he is mad. I don't know how Girardi does it. From what has happened in the last 7 ball games, I know I would have been thrown out in at least three of them.

Yesterday was kind of the last straw for me. I thought that play at home at least deserved a small complaint from our manager. For example, look at Frank Rbinson. Everyone in the stadium knows when he is mad. I don't know how Girardi does it. From what has happened in the last 7 ball games, I know I would have been thrown out in at least three of them.

Frank Robinson takes it a bit overboard IMHO.

There's a fine line between managers that know when to go out and complain and managers that question every call. You have to pick your battles. You don't want the umpires against you. Frank Robinson takes it overboard. He just gets flat out annoying with all his whining. For example, the Uggla HBP. I thought he was reaching by simply coming out and talking to the umpire about it. Uggla did not lean into that pitch... But he turned it into heated argument..

Girardi has done things right. There are some calls that need to be questioned and fought for. But how many times are these calls overturned? It's not worth going out and making enemies... Pick your battles.

Why would his lack of arguing bother me? Is the next poll going to be, "are you annoyed that Girardi doesn't use fabric softener when washing his clothes?"

He argues calls he feels passionate about, just like every other manager in the game. Some managers have different styles, some argue more, others less. Does it have to do with winning? No. So why would I care if he goes out to argue a call 7 times a year or 8?

speaking of arguing calls, remember that manager that went completely nuts? he brought a water bottle out and was pouring in the dirt, kicking everything round, throwing his hat..his name's Joe Mikulak--I met him last night.

I laughed for days at this.

Girardi had no case last night. If you're going to argue, have a valid point. Although some managers do take it too far even when they do have a valid point. You've got to know how far you can push it. Different umps will do different things.

see...ok...im in this boat...i believe that while managers should stick up for the players when the ump clearly has a stick up his ass...but with a team this young, the marlins need to learn how to play hard every single night and just do their job, they dont need to learn how to bitch and complain and become big whiners...joe is doing the right thing by showing the kids how to play baseball the right way

That call is usually an out 99% of the time.

It's an out when a player catches a ball without his foot on the base/plate? The neighborhood play does happen at 2nd base on DP's but I don't recall seeing a guy called out at home plate when the ball is caught without a foot on the plate.

You don't argue for the play just called - you just want the ump to know he better not blow the next one.

I think Joe under-argues. I even though he might've even been napping on a few back in May.

If he always goes out and argues these close calls his young ballplayers will feel that they are losing because they are "victims" of bad calls.

They need to learn to win.

News flash: We didnt lose last nite because of bad calls.