Today on Descarga Deportiva......

MrAndMrsFish

Jerry will have on the Mayor of Hialeah, Julio Robaina....who will be talking about the article that appeared in today's Miami Herald and will be giving a status update as to what is going on within the city, county and team as far as negotiations go....

tune in tonight at 6 p.m. (he is scheduled to be on right at 6 p.m.)

1) Robaina - Stadium on City of Miami is Plan B, per Bob Dupay. MLB is serious with Hialeah as their # 1 option

2) Robaine - Loria called to assure me they see Hialeah as their # 1 choice

3) Robaina - He sees a potential closed deal by end of Agust, when all parties meet (MLB, City, County and Marlins)

4) Robaina - We are much much much closer on closing the funding gap

5) Robaina - I will make sure the deal makes sense to the city long term. I won't do a bad deal" - used Miami Arena as an example

6) Robaina explained the complications on the Bonds and projecting new revenue on the area

7) Robaina - Assurances of people like Codina (on how soon they will start building in the area), makes the Mayor confortable with his side of the deal and the City's commitment

That's what I heard

1) Robaina - Stadium on City of Miami is Plan B, per Bob Dupay. MLB is serious with Hialeah as their # 1 option

2) Robaine - Loria called to assure me they see Hialeah as their # 1 choice

3) Robaina - He sees a potential closed deal by end of Agust, when all parties meet (MLB, City, County and Marlins)

4) Robaina - We are much much much closer on closing the funding gap

5) Robaina - I will make sure the deal makes sense to the city long term. I won't do a bad deal" - used Miami Arena as an example

6) Robaina explained the complications on the Bonds and projecting new revenue on the area

7) Robaina - Assurances of people like Codina (on how soon they will start building in the area), makes the Mayor confortable with his side of the deal and the City's commitment

That's what I heard

excellent!