Cards make World Series push, sign Vizcaino

CardsJimEdmonds15

Where o where'd you go Hector Luna? We could use you right now.. oh wait..

08/23/2006 1:43 PM ET

Cardinals sign free agent infielder Jose Vizcaino

ST. LOUIS -- The St. Louis Cardinals announced today the signing of free agent infielder Jose Vizcaino. Following the injury to David Eckstein last week in Chicago, the team was looking to add depth to their infield positions. Vizcaino was designated for assignment by the San Francisco Giants on August 14. He will be in New York for tonight's game and will wear uniform #35. A corresponding roster move will be announced prior to the start of tonight's game.

The 38-year-old has over 15 years of Major League service playing with seven different clubs and has played all four infield positions in his career. He holds a .973 career fielding percentage in over 900 games played at shortstop. The switch-hitter was batting .210 in 64 games this season with the Giants. Vizcaino has been to the postseason on six different occasions, including the last two seasons with the Houston Astros.

http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/NASApp/ml...sp&c_id=stl

Kill me please.. lol

lmao @ world series push with the signing of Vizcaino. I could understand if they traded for Wells or something which they should.

It was a joke about how bad we are in a bad league that this may be the move that needs to be made.. LMAO.. I hate this move and what we are doing.. just give up guys!

All you guys need is a reliable #2.