Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Home Field Advantage

Featured Replies

Two years ago, I don't think anyone would have guessed that the FLORIDA MARLINS, the team that was to be contracted, would have the best home-field advantage in baseball during the 2003 playoffs. Well everybody, I think 60+ fans might get the team a little bit more crunked-up than they're usually crunked for a game.

 

Just a thought.

i'm not just saying this cause i live in florida but i think florida fans (Marlins,Panthers,Dolphind,Heat) are the funnest

the funnest when their teams win!

Anywhere else is better than here. You crazy Panthers fan!

  • Author

i'm not just saying this cause i live in florida but i think florida fans (Marlins,Panthers,Dolphind,Heat) are the funnest

Maybe because they're always screaming, because they don't know any better. lol.

cool. but teams in other towns are fun too.

i have to admit when our fans show up they are loud

Well everybody, I think 60+ fans might get the team a little bit more crunked-up than they're usually crunked for a game.

yeah, nothing better than 60-70 fans rocking the place :shifty

 

i think people are waking up, they realized that '97 doesnt happen all the time and they need to take advantage of it while they can. i hope it carries on to next year

I wish I could go - but I am going to be stuck here in Tallahassee going to school. I wil watch on TV, of course and I remember how much fun it was going to that Giants series back in '97. The place was loud - and I expect more of the same this time around. I think we have the best home field advantage in all of baseball - when the fans show. 60,000+ that is a lot of screaming. Our players are going to be juiced...

lol yea us panthers fans r enthusiastic. i hope to be able to go to a lot of games this season if i can get time off work GO PANTHERS... but for now lets just keep it at GO MARLINS

Come on, the Panthers fans put me to sleep. The Panthers put me to sleep. Ever since they got into the ODC, that team and its fans have been good for nothing but sleep. I'm still a fan, but, seriously, the games make me look forward to bedtime, especially when I'm in attendance.

 

Dolphins fans get fired up when they feel like it. Kind of like the team.

 

Marlins fans, though, are just whacky. I don't know what the explanation is, but Marlins fans are just giddy for some reason. There's so much screaming and random s*** going on all around the park--most of the time for no reason. I've been to about 5 or 6 parks this year, and the people at most of them seem dead. 15,000 Marlins fans provide more energy than 40,000 people at the Vet. I think a large percentage of people who go to the Pro are just weird. Friday is going to be insane.

 

I'm praying like a mother that we win this series, cause if we do I'll actually be home for all 3 games of the NLCS.

Come on, the Panthers fans put me to sleep. The Panthers put me to sleep. Ever since they got into the ODC, that team and its fans have been good for nothing but sleep. I'm still a fan, but, seriously, the games make me look forward to bedtime, especially when I'm in attendance.

 

Dolphins fans get fired up when they feel like it. Kind of like the team.

 

Marlins fans, though, are just whacky. I don't know what the explanation is, but Marlins fans are just giddy for some reason. There's so much screaming and random s*** going on all around the park--most of the time for no reason. I've been to about 5 or 6 parks this year, and the people at most of them seem dead. 15,000 Marlins fans provide more energy than 40,000 people at the Vet. I think a large percentage of people who go to the Pro are just weird. Friday is going to be insane.

 

I'm praying like a mother that we win this series, cause if we do I'll actually be home for all 3 games of the NLCS.

well most encounters i have had with other panther fans has been outside of games. i havent been to too many cuz of the price plus i dont know anyone that likes hockey other than my ex (bleh). i know i get crazy at games...

 

as for marlins fans... i think i know the reason we are so loud. lots and lots of cubans. yes i know it is a stereotype but being one i can tell you that it is mostly true. very passionate, crazy, LOUD people. lol and when it comes to baseball (extremely popular in cuba) we tend to get very caught up. not that there arent marlins fans of other etnicites and races, i mean c'mon its miami. they are loud as well. them plus all the cubans in attendance makes it sound like there are twice as many people. this is my theory, lol

Lots of kids, too...

 

Much younger crowd than every other place I've been to. Hopefully, all these kids become lifers.

oh yea and they'r crazy too... i've seen those kids run over to get foul balls. its like something off animal planet "and the weaker ones get left behind to starve as the alfa males fight over their prey..."

 

i hope they become lifers too. my dad started me on baseball/softball very young and i will definately be a marlins fan for life.

Lots of kids, too...

 

Much younger crowd than every other place I've been to. Hopefully, all these kids become lifers.

Panthers are like the Marlins.... they will be very exciting this year.

 

playoffs, here we come

Come on, the Panthers fans put me to sleep. The Panthers put me to sleep. Ever since they got into the ODC, that team and its fans have been good for nothing but sleep. I'm still a fan, but, seriously, the games make me look forward to bedtime, especially when I'm in attendance.

lol, probably due to the fact that the Panthers went about 8-30 all of last season at home. Was not a fun time, let me tell you....

yeah, nothing better than 60-70 fans rocking the place

 

 

I couldn't have said it better myself. :mischief2

Wildcard team never has home field advantage in playoffs, even if they have the better record.

 

Cape, he doesn't mean home field advantage the way the phrase is supposed to be used. He means "psychologically" we have an advantage being at home.

Cape, he doesn't mean home field advantage the way the phrase is supposed to be used. He means "psychologically" we have an advantage being at home.

N i was talking about the NLCS, someone mentioned we could have home field advantage if we advanced along with the Cubs and that is false.

 

The wild card team, regardless of record, cannot have home field in any National League playoff series.

Sorry Capiepoo (I can't help it I'm just giddy over all this) I thought you were referring to the first post in the thread...oops

 

Go Fish!

The Division winner will always have home field advantage over the Wildcard team. NOW when a Division winner faces another Division winner, then the home field advantage goes to the team with the better record.

 

 

Having said that, I couldn't agree more. The Marlins will have a huge psychological advantage coming back to PP Stadium where they have been red hot and I mean smokin!

 

 

Besides, how do you think these players are going to react when they see 53,000+ in a stadium that was mostly empty for the last several years? Don't think that's going to get this team fired up? :mischief

  • Author

Besides, how do you think these players are going to react when they see 53,000+ in a stadium that was mostly empty for the last several years? Don't think that's going to get this team fired up? :mischief

I think Mike Redmond is going to shed a tear when 30,000 are in attendance to see him (and the team) in batting practice.

  • Author

try 56+

 

yanks vs minn game on tv the annoucners said 56 already bought tickets for marlins game tomrrow

I said when 30,000 are in attendance for BATTING PRACTICE. NOT the game. I know how many have been sold. The game will sellout.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.