Anyone still want to trade Olsen for Gathright

I don't remember anyone wanting to trade Olsen to begin with.

MarlinLou almost DEMANDED we trade Olsen for Gathright, and if not him than JJ or Nolasco. Probably some others as well.

I'd still do it for Nolasco.

Say that after Nolasco throws 7 innings of no-hit ball.

Paging MadMan81.

Hi. I'll be sure not to disappoint.

I'd still trade Olsen for Gathright. Despite how great Olsen is and has been, I'd personally like Gathright more. Not as a baseball move that makes any sense; just as personal bias.

Realistically, I still think Gathright would thrive with everyday playing time. He is more suited for the NL.

It'd be awesome if we could get the Royals to take Vargas for him. Maybe throw in someone else who is subpar.

Paging MadMan81.

I'd still trade Olsen for Gathright. Despite how great Olsen is and has been, I'd personally like Gathright more. Not as a baseball move that makes any sense; just as personal bias.

Realistically, I still think Gathright would thrive with everyday playing time. He is more suited for the NL.

:lol x100000

Whatever credibility you had, which was minimal at best, just went straight out the window.

Who wants to see Madman's totally awesome Gathright/Abercrombie platoon?!?!

Paging MadMan81.

:lol x100000

Whatever credibility you had, which was minimal at best, just went straight out the window.

Who wants to see Madman's totally awesome Gathright/Abercrombie platoon?!?!

I'd prefer not to take another vacation for name-calling, but you're pushing it. Read my whole f***ing post. It's because Gathright is my favorite player. It's not because I think it would be smart or a good move.

So you want your favorite team mortgaging their future by getting assraped in a trade involving one of the best young pitchers in baseball for a guy who can't play at the major league level? Come on

Above all, a little closer reading by some members here would be terrific. The Fish have plenty of pitching down the line; trading Olsen would hardly be mortgaging the future. And personally, I feel that the best athlete in professional baseball can play at the major league level.

Why would I need to read closer? All I see is Olsen for Gathright in the same sentence.

Because I then explained why I said what I said. I stated that it did not make baseball sense and was only a result of personal bias. Did I say it would be best for the Marlins? Did I said it made sense? No. It even came with a disclaimer because of how little sense it would make if taken merely for it's first line.

Madman you're making me wet my pants dude :lol

Are you unable to take something for what it is? I said I'd do it, but not that it made sense, and that I'd only do it because I'm extremely biased in this situation.

That sure is a whole hell of a lot of personal bias.

I said that it was. I clearly stated that it didn't make sense.

Are you unable to take something for what it is? I said I'd do it, but not that it made sense, and that I'd only do it because I'm extremely biased in this situation.

Humor, right?

Extreme personal bias that has been admitted and cited as the reason for a statement that does not make sense. The ability of you two to not understand how this works is flat-out amazing.

Humor, right?

:lol

Thats like the king of pot meet kettles right there.. if you took that advice, gathright probably wouldn't be your favorite player

Humor, right?

Thats like the king of pot meet kettles right there.. if you took that advice, gathright probably wouldn't be your favorite player

Best athlete in the game, with his amazing sixty and ability to jump cars. He's struggled this year, and still hasn't yet learned to be a great basestealer despite his speed. I know exactly what he brings to the table.

John Kruk was the worst athlete in the game and he was a career .300 hitter.. What the hell does your 40 time have to do with hitting? Last I checked we already have a fast CF who can't bat his weight. (pick one)

People have different reasons for favorite players.

You run the 60 in baseball, chief.

You're being as dumb as a rock for trying to debate against someone's favorite player. If that player is their favorite, he just is.

Humor, right?

Best athlete in the game, with his amazing sixty and ability to jump cars. He's struggled this year, and still hasn't yet learned to be a great basestealer despite his speed. I know exactly what he brings to the table.

you are a joke. gathwright is a bust. period. he cant hit, cant really play defense and cant run the bases well.

BUST.

John Kruk was the worst athlete in the game and he was a career .300 hitter.. What the hell does your 40 time have to do with hitting? Last I checked we already have a fast CF who can't bat his weight. (pick one)

People have different reasons for favorite players.

You run the 60 in baseball, chief.

You're being as dumb as a rock for trying to debate against someone's favorite player. If that player is their favorite, he just is.

40, 60 whatever..

Fair enough though.

Humor, right?

you are a joke. gathwright is a bust. period. he cant hit, cant really play defense and cant run the bases well.

BUST.

sigh... you guys are ridiculous right now