Couple of More Callups

JonDigital

Jose Garcia - RHP - Marlins

Marlins recalled RHP Jose Garcia from Double-A Carolina.

Garcia, 21, emerged as one of the Marlins' best prospects while going 12-10 with a 2.88 ERA, 143 H and 161/45 K/BB in 165 2/3 innings at three levels this season. He's probably behind Yusmiero Petit in line for any starts this month, so it's unlikely that he'll be a factor in NL-only leagues.

Randy Messenger - RHP - Marlins

Marlins recalled RHP Randy Messenger from Single-A Jupiter.

Messenger was sent down on Thursday to reserve another spot for a hitter on the Marlins' postseason roster. He'll work in middle relief.

Per rotoworld.com

Is Garcia at the game? Can he pitch today if needed?

yep. he was warming up in the first inning

Thanks. I thought I heard that he was but I wasnt 100% sure.

and he was just warming up again here in the 5th.

sounds like "a lot" more guys will be called up after the game today. I see no reason why we shouldn't have 40 guys up with the team.

I see no reason why we shouldn't have 40 guys up with the team.

:lol

what?

rich and tommy said that you CAN have 40 guys on the major league roster, but they said not all teams do this. especially if the AAA/AA teams are in the playoffs..and they'll wait till their seasons are over (they end today). I don't know why you wouldn't want 40 guys up..it couldn't hurt

what?

rich and tommy said that you CAN have 40 guys on the major league roster, but they said not all teams do this. especially if the AAA/AA teams are in the playoffs..and they'll wait till their seasons are over (they end today). I don't know why you wouldn't want 40 guys up..it couldn't hurt

no point crowding the bench with 10 guys who wont play

what?

Quantity can harm quality. With only 9 innings per game, it may be impossible to keep all 40 in the proper condition to help the club.