Co Rec Flag Football

Lefty

So I'm finally doing an intramural sports...I wanted to do Men's flag football, but the people I was doing it with wanted to do co rec...So--can it still be fun and competitive, or should I just expect a gigglingfest with no action and a lot of butch girls running around the field?

I was on an IM flag football team that almost got into an onfield brawl with some whiny law students. Fun times.

When we played teams with girls, they mostly didn't do anything either way--just ran around and didn't get the ball. We actually had a bizarre rules system: there was a ref whose only job was timekeeper, he couldn't call any penalties...even when one time our QB just threw one more or less straight up in the air forcing a jump ball between 5-5 me and a 6-2 guy on the other team who shoved me down for no reason.

im doing my first IM game tomorrow. of course the guy who signed up our team put us in the highest level, and were gonna get our asses handed to us. looking forward to it

Just means when you make a great play it will make it all the sweeter.

You won't know you got killed, just that you made a 1 handed grab over some flag football legend.

Btw, where are you guys doing this at? I would love to do something like it. Is it just some place in South Florida or is it some national thing like the Y, etc.

flag football is fun as sh*t. I'll probably be the playmaker on the team by default (4 guys, 4 girls...the other 3 guys aren't fast enough to really be receivers IMO..

I love designing plays, practicing pulling flags (it's a fawking art, yo), and just being active. Organized sports is something I 'need'. However, it seems like every organized sport I play results in an injury

Felo, it's intramurals in college.

flag football is fun as sh*t. I'll probably be the playmaker on the team by default (4 guys, 4 girls...the other 3 guys aren't fast enough to really be receivers IMO..

I love designing plays, practicing pulling flags (it's a fawking art, yo), and just being active. Organized sports is something I 'need'. However, it seems like everyone organized sports I play results in an injury

Ahh thanks Lefty.

Guess I'll have to wait a couple years.

I love designing plays, practicing pulling flags (it's a fawking art, yo), and just being active. Organized sports is something I 'need'. However, it seems like everyone organized sports I play results in an injury

Ahh thanks Lefty.

If you like playing football, try out in high school. I wish I had.

Ahh thanks Lefty.

If you like playing football, try out in high school. I wish I had.

I've been thinking about it since like 8th grade, but I never did.

Probably too late now.

If you are tall and have a quarterback who has a semi-decent arm you will dominate. I'm athletic but never played competitive football but at 6'4" I caught a ton of passes.

That's why after a while I just played defense, cause at my height there was no way I was getting the ball with any regularity, but I'm still pretty fast so I could cover or blitz pretty well.

im doing my first IM game tomorrow. of course the guy who signed up our team put us in the highest level, and were gonna get our asses handed to us. looking forward to it

Just means when you make a great play it will make it all the sweeter.

You won't know you got killed, just that you made a 1 handed grab over some flag football legend.

Btw, where are you guys doing this at? I would love to do something like it. Is it just some place in South Florida or is it some national thing like the Y, etc.

yeah i guess the good thing about going into the highest league is that we have no expectations to win and are just looking to have some fun out there and make some plays

and yeah, were doing IM in college. its a really good way to have some fun and meet people