Rep. Rangel Stands By Our President

Passion

Rep. Charles Rangel a black (gasp!) democrat (gasp!) from the state of New York issued a statement today standing buy President Bush after Venezualen dictator Hugo Chavez attacked Bush at the U.N yesterday.

I want to express my extreme displeasure with statements by the President of Venezuela attacking U.S. President George Bush in such a personal and disparaging way during his remarks at the United Nations General Assembly.

It should be clear to all heads of government that criticism of Bush Administration policies, either domestic or foreign, does not entitle them to attack the President personally.

George Bush is the President of the United States and represents the entire country. Any demeaning public attack against him is viewed by Republicans and Democrats, and all Americans, as an attack on all of us.

I feel that I must speak out now since the Venezuelan government has been instrumental in providing oil at discounted prices to people in low income communities who have suffered increases in rent as heating oil prices have risen sharply. By offering this benefit to people in need, Venezuela has won many friends in poor communities of New York and other states. I am surprised that American oil companies have not stepped up to provide that kind of assistance to the poor.

Venezuela's generosity to the poor, however, should not be interpreted as license to attack President Bush. Those who take issue with Bush Administration policies have no right to attack him personally. It was not helpful when President Bush referred to certain nations as an "axis of evil." Neither is it helpful for a head of state to use the sacred halls of the United Nations to insult President Bush.

http://www.house.gov/apps/list/press/ny15_...ch09212006.html

He also said this on camera today:

'You do not come into my country, my congressional district, and you do not condemn my president. If there is any criticism of President Bush, it should be restricted to Americans, whether they voted for him or not. I just want to make it abundantly clear to Hugo Chavez or any other president, but do not come to the United States and think because we have problems with our president that any foreigner can come to our country and not think that Americans do not feel offended when you offend our Chief of State'

Rep. Charles Rangel a black (gasp!) democrat (gasp!) from the state of New York issued a statement today standing buy President Bush after Venezualen dictator Hugo Chavez attacked Bush at the U.N yesterday.

I want to express my extreme displeasure with statements by the President of Venezuela attacking U.S. President George Bush in such a personal and disparaging way during his remarks at the United Nations General Assembly.

It should be clear to all heads of government that criticism of Bush Administration policies, either domestic or foreign, does not entitle them to attack the President personally.

George Bush is the President of the United States and represents the entire country. Any demeaning public attack against him is viewed by Republicans and Democrats, and all Americans, as an attack on all of us.

I feel that I must speak out now since the Venezuelan government has been instrumental in providing oil at discounted prices to people in low income communities who have suffered increases in rent as heating oil prices have risen sharply. By offering this benefit to people in need, Venezuela has won many friends in poor communities of New York and other states. I am surprised that American oil companies have not stepped up to provide that kind of assistance to the poor.

Venezuela's generosity to the poor, however, should not be interpreted as license to attack President Bush. Those who take issue with Bush Administration policies have no right to attack him personally. It was not helpful when President Bush referred to certain nations as an "axis of evil." Neither is it helpful for a head of state to use the sacred halls of the United Nations to insult President Bush.

http://www.house.gov/apps/list/press/ny15_...ch09212006.html

He also said this on camera today:

'You do not come into my country, my congressional district, and you do not condemn my president. If there is any criticism of President Bush, it should be restricted to Americans, whether they voted for him or not. I just want to make it abundantly clear to Hugo Chavez or any other president, but do not come to the United States and think because we have problems with our president that any foreigner can come to our country and not think that Americans do not feel offended when you offend our Chief of State'

and?

:lol :lol :lol

One of the biggest critics of Bush's presidency stands by him when some baseless dictator comes on to our turf and goes off on Bush. He stands by him as an American. This is a news story, but keep being the all-knowing e-hardass Das. :thumbup

Democratic House Leader Nancy Pelosi calls out Chavez:

One of President George W. Bush?s fiercest political opponents at home took his side on Thursday, calling Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez a ?thug? for his remark that Bush is like the devil.

?Hugo Chavez fancies himself a modern day Simon Bolivar but all he is an everyday thug,? House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi said at a news conference, referring to Chavez? comments in a U.N. General Assembly speech on Wednesday.

?Hugo Chavez abused the privilege that he had, speaking at the United Nations,? said Pelosi, a frequent Bush critic. ?He demeaned himself and he demeaned Venezuela.?

http://reuters.myway.com/article/20060921/...SA-SPAT-DC.html

This might be the only time I'll ever say this but well done Mr. Rangel and Mrs. Pelosi.

I mean I dont get why you have to make it a special point to show that a black democrat stood behind our President when a foreign dictator came after the President.

A black republican would have done the same.

A white republican would have done the same.

A white democrat would have done the same.

Rangel is right on. Its one thing for us as Americans to go after the President. Its another for some foreign nation to do this.

Its kinda like when you squabble with your family, big deal. But when an outsider attacks yoru family, you all band together.

I really dont see why the shock that this just happened to be a black Democrat. Big Deal.

ok...so everyone gets all uppity when someone comes here and attacks our president...yet...our government has the right to go all over the world and do the same? who loves hypocrisy? USA does...USA does!!!

Since when does the US go to a country diplomatically and insult the government that is hosting it?

Dick Cheney managed to do that last year, when he took a rare trip to Russia. He spoke out saying that Russia's civil rights record was not very good. The irony of this is that he had praised the leader of Kazakstan a few days earlier, even though that country has a far worse civil rights record than Russia.

A black republican would have done the same.

A white republican would have done the same.

A white democrat would have done the same.

Not always:

Harkin defends Venezuelan President's U-N speech against Bush

by Darwin Danielson

Iowa Senator Tom Harkin, a democrat, today defended Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez's United Nations speech in which Chavez called President George Bush the devil. Harkin said the comments were "incendiary", then went on to say, "Let me put it this way, I can understand the frustration, ah, and the anger of certain people around the world because of George Bush's policies." Harkin continued what has been frequent criticism of the president's foreign policy.

Harkin says Bush came to office saying he wanted a new humility in foreign policy in reaching out to other countries, but Harkin says Bush's actual policy has been heavy handed. Harkin says the anger against Bush is generated from the Iraq war, which Harkin says was "unnecessary."

Harkin says, "We tend to forget that a few days after 9-1-1 thousands, thousands of Iranians marched in a candlelight procession in Teheran in support of the United States. Every Muslim country was basically on our side. Just think, in five years, President Bush has squandered all that." Harkin says the U.S. has put billions of dollars into the Iraq war, when it could be helping poor countries with things like clean water, medical aid and education.

AUDIO: Excerpt from Harkin conference call (3 min MP3)

Link

ok...so everyone gets all uppity when someone comes here and attacks our president...yet...our government has the right to go all over the world and do the same? who loves hypocrisy? USA does...USA does!!!

Since when does the US go to a country diplomatically and insult the government that is hosting it?

Dick Cheney managed to do that last year, when he took a rare trip to Russia. He spoke out saying that Russia's civil rights record was not very good. The irony of this is that he had praised the leader of Kazakstan a few days earlier, even though that country has a far worse civil rights record than Russia. Ok I forgot about the Russia incident. :lol

It's okay to just come out and finally admit that you hate America.

i dont hate america, i hate what politicians have done to our world credibility...there is a huuuuuuuuuuuge difference...but you can go on doing all the good ol fashion american ass kissing you want