Jacobs leaves team for personal reasons

ultimopain

Florida's Jacobs leaves team for personal reasons

September 28, 2006

MIAMI (AP) -- Florida first baseman Mike Jacobs has left the team for personal reasons and will not return for the season's final weekend, the team announced Thursday night after the Marlins' 5-1 loss to Cincinnati.

The Marlins host Philadelphia for a three-game set starting Friday.

Jacobs is hitting .262 with 20 home runs and 77 RBIs. He was 0-for-3 with a walk in Thursday's loss.

Jacobs combined this season with second baseman Dan Uggla and Josh Willingham to make Florida the second team ever to have three rookies with at least 20 homers apiece. Uggla has hit 26 homers and Willingham 25. They joined the 1982 Minnesota Twins, who had Kent Hrbek, Gary Gaetti and Tom Brunansky accomplish the feat.

LINK

:mischief2

I hope everything's alright with him. It's been a good season Jake, come back bigger and better next year.

Jacobs excused for final series

Rookie first baseman will attend to personal matters

By Joe Frisaro / MLB.com

MIAMI -- Marlins rookie Mike Jacobs was excused by the club for the final three games to tend to personal matters.

The left-handed hitting first baseman started Thursday night in Florida's 5-1 loss to the Reds at Dolphin Stadium. He went hitless in three at-bats with a walk.

But after the game, he received news of something family related that is causing him to be excused from the weekend series with the Phillies.

Jacobs hugged his teammates goodbye, and told them to finish strong, before leaving the clubhouse.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article...sp&c_id=mlb

By Joe Frisaro / MLB.com

MIAMI -- Marlins rookie Mike Jacobs was excused by the club for the final three games to tend to personal matters.

The left-handed hitting first baseman started Thursday night in Florida's 5-1 loss to the Reds at Dolphin Stadium. He went hitless in three at-bats with a walk.

But after the game, he received news of something family related that is causing him to be excused from the weekend series with the Phillies.

Jacobs hugged his teammates goodbye, and told them to finish strong, before leaving the clubhouse.

Oh no, that doesn't sound good. :(

By Joe Frisaro / MLB.com

Oh no, that doesn't sound good. :(

yeah hope its nothing that serious..

Nobody is saying anything about it other than little blurbs like that one. Wasn't his g/f pregnant? I seem to remember watching one pregame where she was showing off his house and I keep thinking she was pregnant. But I may have her confused with someone else.

Another to really worry about is Perry Hill's wife. The amount of times he has had to leave the team this year dosen't look all that encouraging. Again, nobody has said anything but just judging from the prolonged illness it sounds like some kind of cancer. Not meaning to start a rumor there, just speculating.

Best we can do is wish both families the best and give them the space they want.

Nobody is saying anything about it other than little blurbs like that one. Wasn't his g/f pregnant?

When I saw her a month ago she didnt look pregnant unless she hid it well :lol . I hope its nothing too serious. We will miss you Jakester. See in you Spring Training.

I could have her confused with another g/f or wife that I saw.

Anyways, according to Saturday's PBP he left because of a health issue involving his brother. That's about all the little blurp said.

Spoke With Jacobs Rabbi Today and he is on a spiritual retreat with family and friends. Nothing is wrong right now

oops forgot Jacobs is not jewish...Cant fool u guys can I? Hope he is ok as well

What a dumb joke. Hopefully everything is ok with the Jacobs family. Jacobs had an 'ok' year, though a disappointment by many who were expecting so much more after his cup of coffee last year. Hopefully he can come on stronger next year whether he is with us or not, we'll see if he is one of those jettisoned in an effort to upgrade our offense.