Will Fredi Gonzalez Get Cuban Community to Care?

miami15

The amount of people who think they can tell Hispanics or Cubans from non-Hispanics or non-Cubans just by looking at them truly amazes me. I know close minded people like you don't like dealing with facts but just in case you're willing to make an exception in this case you may want to go look at an article posted in one of the stadium threads in which the Marlins say 35% of the fans are Hispanic.

This already is a big story on the Spanish language TV stations. They cover the Marlins like the "gringo" media does the Dolphins.

Also, the Cuban community cares A LOT about this team. They don't go to the stadium for the same exact reason some of you "gringos" don't go.

Again, just because they don't speak Spanish at the games doesn't mean they're latin. A lot of us speak English. :thumbup

Did Joe Girardi get the white community to care? Did Jack McKeon, Jeff Torborg, John Boles, Jim Leland, and Rene Lachemann get the Anglo community to care? Why are "we" (I'm speaking as a Cuban-American) held to a "higher standard"?

I'm so sick and tired of this stupid position that the "[Nationality/Ethnicity]" community will come out to support "[X Player]"? As if Hispanics or others are some monolithic lemmings moved only by ethnicity. That is an ignorant statement from someone who doesn't understand a community, and then in turn blames said community after there is no "turnout" by saying "[Nationality/Ethnicity]" doesn't care, look at how they didn't show up when "[X Player]" pitched! I'd sound stupid if I said, "Geez, the Anglo community doesn't care about baseball, look how they didn't show up when Scott Olsen was scheduled to pitch!"

Enough with this crap already!

This already is a big story on the Spanish language TV stations. They cover the Marlins like the "gringo" media does the Dolphins.

Also, the Cuban community cares A LOT about this team. They don't go to the stadium for the same exact reason some of you "gringos" don't go.

Again, just because they don't speak Spanish at the games doesn't mean they're latin. A lot of us speak English. :thumbup

how many marlin games have u gone too?

why does that matter?

why does that matter?

nvm...I misread his post

why does that matter?

Apparently to some if you go to more games you're a better fan.

why does that matter?

Apparently to some if you go to more games you're a better fan. I hate that because I'm pretty much a diehard fan and I can't get out to the games on a regular basis due to school and other activities.

You're forgetting these "geniuses" can identify Hispanics of European and African decent from non-Hispanics of European and African decent just by looking at them. These "geniuses" are quite talented in that respect.