Hammerin' Hank on WQAM said...

marlinz_fan

this afternoon, that MLB is negotiating the stadium deal, without Loria & Samson, has told them also that once the stadium deal is done, they will be given an ultimatum to take on a partner that will own 51% or they can sell the whole team to MLB to sell to a "moneyman" owner.

Seems like MLB is not happy with the way Loria & the midget have been running the stadium negotioations.

This would make sense as to why Loria is refusing now to sell the team, as he knows he's gonna be forced out in a few years, and is trying to keep payroll low so he can make as much as he can now, before his chances at big profits fizzle as he is forced to sell the team when the new stadium is in place.

While of course this is highly suspect as it is an unprecedented move, I can tell you that I've heard from my friend who works in the commissioner's office in NYC that MLB won't allow business to continue the way it did this past season.

Forcing him out seems highly unlikely, but certainly would be welcome.

While of course this is highly suspect as it is an unprecedented move, I can tell you that I've heard from my friend who works in the commissioner's office in NYC that MLB won't allow business to continue the way it did this past season.

Payroll and revenue sharing wise?

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Did he mention anything else. I told ya they are theifs :mischief .

Hiya Holly-girl :)

He said this in response to the article the other day when Samson said they aren't making any money. Hank also said if you believe that then he has some swamp land to sell you. So he believes that MLB wants this market so desparately they are getting directly involved. He also said that Hialeah is basically a dead deal, and that MLB is insisting the stadium be in downtown Miami.

(My opinion here) Remember a few weeks ago when MLB finally started getting involved and talked to the parties involved -- my thinking is MLB sees that Loria & Samson are the obsticles to getting this done, and not the other way around (as Loria & Samson had been feeding MLB's ears).

That's great news TSwift. I wondered how long this fiasco was going to go on. I would welcome a force out as well but does this mean MLB is going keep the Fish in South Florida or have the chance to sell to the highest bidder who can do what he wants with the team's location? Sorry for the stupid questions as I do not understand all the "details" regarding the stadium situation.

Thanks!

That's great news TSwift. I wondered how long this fiasco was going to go on. I would welcome a force out as well but does this mean MLB is going keep the Fish in South Florida or have the chance to sell to the highest bidder who can do what he wants with the team's location? Sorry for the stupid questions as I do not understand all the "details" regarding the stadium situation.

Thanks!

Jon, according to Hank Goldberg, MLB WANTS the stadium deal done 1st ! Then Loria will be forced to take on the partner or get out altogether. MLB wants the team in So Fla. The way it sounded, even though Selig & Loria may have a good relationship as friends, this is BUSINESS & MONEY, and friendship won't stand in the way of MLB making money. Loria be damned then.

Thanks!

Jon, according to Hank Goldberg, MLB WANTS the stadium deal done 1st ! Then Loria will be forced to take on the partner or get out altogether. MLB wants the team in So Fla. The way it sounded, even though Selig & Loria may have a good relationship as friends, this is BUSINESS & MONEY, and friendship won't stand in the way of MLB making money. Loria be damned then.

Did he give a time table?

Thanks!

Jon, according to Hank Goldberg, MLB WANTS the stadium deal done 1st ! Then Loria will be forced to take on the partner or get out altogether. MLB wants the team in So Fla. The way it sounded, even though Selig & Loria may have a good relationship as friends, this is BUSINESS & MONEY, and friendship won't stand in the way of MLB making money. Loria be damned then. Thanks marlinz. I probably should have read the original post better. That is good news and its exactly what i have wanted for a while now. Very cool.

:confused Unfortunately not.

Thanks marlinz. I probably should have read the original post better. That is good news and its exactly what i have wanted for a while now. Very cool.

I just hope its true too....I'd hate it if I report something that's not true. :(

:confused Unfortunately not.

Thanks marlinz. I probably should have read the original post better. That is good news and its exactly what i have wanted for a while now. Very cool.

I just hope its true too....I'd hate it if I report something that's not true. :(

I have mixed opinions about Hank. Sometimes he comes with some real accurate info and sometimes I feel he just likes to stir the pot a bit. Regardless it's def a step in the right direction if true.

Guest FlummoxedLummox

We've heard so many rumors for so long, that I think it's prudent we all hold our excitement at bay. I'll believe it when I see it -- that's been my motto about anything stadium related for a while now.

We've heard so many rumors for so long, that I think it's prudent we all hold our excitement at bay. I'll believe it when I see it -- that's been my motto about anything stadium related for a while now.

That's true but MLB dealing directly with our local officials and the possibility of getting Loria out of the way are steps in the right direction. This is great news especially after the depressing article posted by Quad a couple of days ago.

Woah this isn't all good news. If Selig is going to force out Loria or force him to partner with Codina (?) after the stadium is build that leaves him too much time to run the franchise into the ground. You know Loria is not going to sign no parternership cause he will have no leverage over the team and less profit. So he's gonna take his 20 million payroll for about three years letting D-Train and Cabrera go in trades and milking all of what he can through revenue sharing till he leaves. Once D-Train and Cabrera are gone i doubt they'll come back for new ownership.