Who needs hydroxycut?

Lefty

So I go through some random weight gain/loss periods. For instance, in 10th grade I weighed 170. I went to boarding school and dropped to 135 at my low point. Then I met my girlfriend and I ballooned to 175 as recent as summer 2005. After arriving at FSU, I did a furious regime and got myself back to a nice 145 at my low point about 2 months later. However, laziness and content kicked in and I rose again to 170 as recent as summer 2006.

I came back to Tally in late August at a ripe 169. I was pissed at every picture I saw, and sick of eating junk, junk, junk. For the past two months, I've been playing intramural sports, hitting the gym sporadically, and working out at home (crunches, pushups, dumbells, etc). I just weighed myself yesterday and I'm at 149. It surprised me because I had originally set my weight goal at 155, but I guess once I'm in the habit I can't quit. Now I just have to get rid of that itty bitty excess fat on my tum tum and chacha my lady handles away.

Basically, for the past 6 or 7 years, I've been able to lose (and in turn, gain) weight at will. Once I put my mind to it, I can literally completely change my dietary and exercise habits without a second thought. I know it's not that easy for most people, so I was just curious how strange (or ordinary) my weight trials sound from an outside perspective? Is a 20 pound (+/-) weight loss too middling to really glorify, or do I just have some serious issues when it comes to challenging my body?

Oh ya, I'm about 5'10" if that makes any difference.

El

when you get older you will also be amazed at how easy it is to gain weight.

when you hit 30 you will no longer be able to lose weight at the touch of a button but you will find gaining weight is quite easy.

i have to maintain a strict eating regimen, run 4 times a week and lift 4 times a week to maintain my physique.

El

when you get older you will also be amazed at how easy it is to gain weight.

when you hit 30 you will no longer be able to lose weight at the touch of a button but you will find gaining weight is quite easy.

i have to maintain a strict eating regimen, run 4 times a week and lift 4 times a week to maintain my physique.

Ya, I believe it. I've been doing a ton of cardio and in-house exercise for the past two months--and unlike recent experiences, I feel like I can maintain this.

I've lost a little over 10 pounds since I arrived at college without making any real. I've just been too busy to eat excessivly and campus involves much walking. I don't understand this whole freshman 15 business.

Drinking beer and eating pizza at midnight is where the Freshman 15 comes from

But, like you, I'm too busy to be doing that, and theres so much walking everyday that I dont really think about the Freshman 15 anymore.

I've lost a little over 10 pounds since I arrived at college without making any real. I've just been too busy to eat excessivly and campus involves much walking. I don't understand this whole freshman 15 business.

It's more of a freshman 10 really, but I think it's more attributable to women from what I've seen.

I haven't gained or lost more than 10 pounds for about 15 years now. It's scary. Whether it's a lazy summer spent on the couch eating cheetos, or a year of running & watching what I eat, my weight doesn't budge.

Guess I'm just lucky on the metabolism....

Freshman 15 is very real. It has everything to do with lack of supervision by adults, and lack of food discipline in dorms. You go to the cafeteria and eat junk everyday, or you buy fast food/pizza every week.No chicken dinner from mom or veggies on your plate.

I lost more than 80 pounds to be able to join the Marine Corps. I was 240 pounds and lost more than 80 pounds to be at 156 at my lowest point, I have since put on about 20 pounds of muscle and I now hover around 175. Putting on the 20 pounds of muscle was a lot harder than losing the 80 pounds, which I did in 5 months. My diet and exercise regime is very strict.

Hydroxycut and all those drugs are a joke. All you need is the proper diet, weight lifting, and cardio routine and you'll be good to go and the fat will melt right off you. The problem is most people don't know the first thing about weight loss and have grown up all their lives believing old wives tales that are simply not true, such as "eat less!" and "don't lift weights, it will just make you heavier" and things like that.

losing weight like that is called "weight cycling" its bad for you, if you want details on why, I can find out in my Health textbook. btw, none of those pills that say you'll lose weight by using them don't do anything. Yes, you will lose weight but it's water weight that you're losing and it will be quickly regained.

losing weight like that is called "weight cycling" its bad for you, if you want details on why, I can find out in my Health textbook. btw, none of those pills that say you'll lose weight by using them don't do anything. Yes, you will lose weight but it's water weight that you're losing and it will be quickly regained.

who is teaching you health? coach shep or Dwayne

Owens..he's pretty good, but I hear Coach Shep is better.

oh man u missed out i think....i had shep everything that could ever happen to a human being happened to that man lol. he had so many stories some had to be made up....for instance he once said " i was walkin down the street and all f the sudden i just burst into flames" ...complete bs....good times :lol

oh man u missed out i think....i had shep everything that could ever happen to a human being happened to that man lol. he had so many stories some had to be made up....for instance he once said " i was walkin down the street and all f the sudden i just burst into flames" ...complete bs....good times :lol

lol :lol