Hot Fuzz

Passion

Synopsis: London policeman Nicholas Angel, who is so good at his job he's making his colleagues look bad. He's transferred to the village of Sandford in Somerset, where he's partnered with the oafish but well-meaning Constable Danny Butterman, who dreams of being Mel Gibson. Grisly events begin to take place in the rural village, and it's up to Angel and Butterman to sort it out.

Starring: Simon Pegg, Nick Frost

Directed By: Edgar Wright

Produced By: Nira Park

Release Date: March 9, 2007

Trailer | Official Site | IMDB

Wright directed and Pegg and Frost starred in not only one of my favorite comedies of all-time, Shaun of The Dead, but one of my favorite movies ever. The teaser trailers look fantastic, I absolutely can't wait. This is going to be one of my first 'day it comes out' movies of next year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Did anyone get to see this over the weekend? It was in limited release (around 850 theaters). I saw it, and was laughing virtually the whole time. There were countless references to other 'buddy cop' movies, along with other action classics. Funniest movie I've seen in awhile.

Timothy Dalton delivers a great performance as a grocery-store owner, and possible murder suspect.

Be on the lookout for references to 'Shaun of the Dead', as there are a whole bunch.

• 3 weeks later...