Dolphins used audio/video

JJ24

ESPN is reporting that the dolphins were using audio with there Game film to get an advantage on the Patriots. I dont really understand the problem or even know if its that big of a deal. It got its own segment on sportscenter. Id imagine we will do the same thing to the Colts beacuse of all their pre snap movements and changes.

ESPN is reporting that the dolphins were using audio with there Game film to get an advantage on the Patriots. I dont really understand the problem or even know if its that big of a deal. It got its own segment on sportscenter. Id imagine we will do the same thing to the Colts beacuse of all their pre snap movements and changes.

Nope, the league will moniter that and people will get in serious trouble.

As it stands they'll get a slap on the wrists, this time. We used to play music and sound effects too late in Paul Brown and got in trouble for it, but it wasn't a big thing because at the time we weren't winning.

Nope, the league will moniter that and people will get in serious trouble.

Wow. Absolutely not. I can guarantee you that no one will be getting in any trouble for attempting to study audio of quarterbacks shouting things. It's called scouting.

And for the record, Salisbury is totally clueless.

Well, I guess we should all mute the TV when were watching football now. We wouldn't want to help the Dolphins cheat now would we? Lets all be good Dolfans and use the mute button OK.

And for you guys with HI DEF... ESPECIALLY YOU!!! damn cheaters *sarcasm*

Or better yet, The Patriots should try using a silent count more often like the rest of the league. And I would think it would be harder for any defense to hear the Offense go through thier cadence when thier visiting anyways. You know, crowd noise and all.

Salisbury is a DEE DA DEE!!!

NFL says Dolphins broke no rules with video

The NFL said the Dolphins broke no rules after a published report said Miami bought a video that helped it learn Tom Brady's cadences.

BY JEFF DARLINGTON

[email protected]

They didn't break any rules. They didn't cheat or steal or lie. And they didn't do anything that will prompt a futile investigation by the United States Senate.

No, the Dolphins did something much simpler to learn the presnap jargon of Patriots quarterback Tom Brady during Sunday's 21-0 win: They watched TV.

Nonetheless, the strategy turned into a made-for-ESPN debate Tuesday without the Dolphins knowing it. The mini-controversy stemmed from a published report in The Palm Beach Post on Monday that credited the Dolphins' ability to frustrate Brady with the team's ability to learn his cadences earlier in the week.

The Post's article referenced that the Dolphins were able to purchase video of Brady's previous games to learn his auditory calls at the line of scrimmage caused a stir on talk radio and television.

The NFL said Tuesday there is no rule that would prohibit the Dolphins from practicing such a strategy -- even if they ''purchased'' the videos. Saban said Monday the Dolphins watched TV clips of Brady to get the calls, a strategy he admitted to helping his team.

''It's on TV,'' Saban said. ``You always try to get the other team's cadence. I'm sure they try to get ours, so when you know when a guy's checking off, when he isn't checking off. When a team does as much presnap stuff as they do, you're always trying to find out exactly why they're doing it.''

Saban said it is especially important with a player such as Brady because he is highly skilled at giving new assignments to his offensive linemen once he sees the defense line up.

''He likes to redirect the protection if he sees a blitz coming,'' Saban said. ``Understanding the cadence and knowing what's going on is really important. Sometimes you end up pressuring and you run right into their protection then you have pressure on the cover guys down the field.''

Still, Saban's explanation Monday didn't stop the national media from taking off with the story. Shows such as Around the Horn, Pardon the Interruption and SportsCenter debated whether the Dolphins did anything wrong.

Only one analyst -- former NFL quarterback Sean Salisbury -- thought the league should look into the matter if indeed the Dolphins purchased the videos.

''If it was that easy to get the audio, everyone would be doing it,'' Salisbury said on SportsCenter. ``The NFL needs to look into it. If [the Dolphins] went out and bought a tape in order to get advantage, that's cheating. The NFL would have to step in. If you're going to purchase bootleg videos, it's cheating.''

Replied ESPN reporter John Clayton: ``That's just good coaching on the part of the Dolphins.''

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sport...ll/16226012.htm

I'm pretty sure he was fed up about all the hoopla about the audio tape

"I don't see that," Brady said. "I'd love to see evidence of that: that they could know exactly what our line calls are. Our defense knows what our line calls are, and it doesn't matter. They could say that, but that's a big crock of you know what. It's a matter of how we played. I'm sure if you asked them, it probably sounds good for them to say they have it all figured out. But they're 6-7 and we're 9-4, so go tell me who probably has it more figured out."

lol