Toby Hall Burns the Devil Rays.

SongInTheAir

Free agent Toby Hall isn't interested in returning to the Devil Rays on a minor league contract.

"That was funny," Hall said. "I guess it would be a minor league contract because they're a minor league team." Way to burn those bridges, Toby. The club gave you more than 2,000 at-bats even though you never once managed a 700 OPS. Your OBP for the club was under .300, and you never came close to matching the 19 homers you hit at Triple-A Durham in 2001. If the Rays weren't much more than a minor league team during your tenure, well, it's in part because you weren't much more than a minor league player.

Source: St. Petersburg Times

(source: rotoworld.)

Free agent Toby Hall isn't interested in returning to the Devil Rays on a minor league contract.

"That was funny," Hall said. "I guess it would be a minor league contract because they're a minor league team." Way to burn those bridges, Toby. The club gave you more than 2,000 at-bats even though you never once managed a 700 OPS. Your OBP for the club was under .300, and you never came close to matching the 19 homers you hit at Triple-A Durham in 2001. If the Rays weren't much more than a minor league team during your tenure, well, it's in part because you weren't much more than a minor league player.

They basically are a minor league team. I am not trying to bash the rays, but they are probably the worst franchise in all of sports.

Guest FishFanInPA

They basically are a minor league team. I am not trying to bash the rays, but they are probably the worst franchise in all of sports.

Some would say that a team who sells everyone off after a world series title and can't keep a payroll above $12 is a worse team. Tampa was given much to work with and is doing what they can with what they got.

Some would say that a team who sells everyone off after a world series title and can't keep a payroll above $12 is a worse team. Tampa was given much to work with and is doing what they can with what they got.

That stops us from being a worse franchise.

Tampa has been last every year in their division with the exception of one season. They basically are a non existent franchise. Atleast the marlins but together some decent teams. The rays have never gotten to 70 wins. How bad is that?

Guest FishFanInPA

That stops us from being a worse franchise.

Tampa has been last every year in their division with the exception of one season. They basically are a non existent franchise. Atleast the marlins but together some decent teams. The rays have never gotten to 70 wins. How bad is that?

In that division I can't see how they'd do much better.....All i'm saying is when we stop being a joke of a franchise for some of our decisions then we can talk.

They're not even remotely close to being the worst franchise in pro sports.

And whether Toby Hall is right or not, you keep your mouth shut when you're in his situation.

I'd take a paycheck from the Devil Dogs any day of the week. Some people just don't get it. You play freakin baseball Toby you big douche!!!! Suck it up and get paid to play a game you love while I sit behind a computer screen writing code.

Meh.

The D-Rays are certainly no devil dogs :thumbup .

They're not even remotely close to being the worst franchise in pro sports.

And whether Toby Hall is right or not, you keep your mouth shut when you're in his situation.

I'd take a paycheck from the Devil Dogs any day of the week. Some people just don't get it. You play freakin baseball Toby you big douche!!!! Suck it up and get paid to play a game you love while I sit behind a computer screen writing code.

Meh.

The D-Rays are certainly no devil dogs :thumbup .

Then who is it if its not the d-rays?