Cats v. Sabres

Beinfest4Prez

This team plays with so much effort. Its not for lack of trying. There just isn't enough scoring. And that problem starts with Olli who can't score at all on the Road this year.

There are alot more problems. The panthers have become really bad over the past 5-6 seasons. The average fan probably cant name more than 1-2 players on our team.

This team plays with so much effort. Its not for lack of trying. There just isn't enough scoring. And that problem starts with Olli who can't score at all on the Road this year.

There are alot more problems. The panthers have become really bad over the past 5-6 seasons. The average fan probably cant name more than 1-2 players on our team.

the average fan? wrong.

the average south floridian? i'd be surprised if they could name one.

the average fan? wrong.

the average south floridian? i'd be surprised if they could name one.

You would be suprised. Just because panther fans can name them doesnt mean everyone else. I would have trouble naming 3 blackhawk players, just as i am sure most fans in chicago couldnt name 3 panthers.

without Bertuzzi we're lost. Not to mention guys like Weiss and Kolnik hurting.

And no Nieuwendyk either. After which, we're left with an offense that looks like every other team we've sent out there the past few years. Jokinen & a few also-rans & some young guys that look great in flashes but at the end of the season you realize only have 20 points...

Just not deep enough to overcome this stuff.

I love the Panthers but man I'm tired of losing.

without Bertuzzi we're lost. Not to mention guys like Weiss and Kolnik hurting.

And no Nieuwendyk either. After which, we're left with an offense that looks like every other team we've sent out there the past few years. Jokinen & a few also-rans & some young guys that look great in flashes but at the end of the season you realize only have 20 points...

Just not deep enough to overcome this stuff.

I love the Panthers but man I'm tired of losing.

pretty much sums up my thoughts about the team.

I love to hate on the Royals/Rays/Warriors/Knicks etc., but the Florida Panthers really are making a case for being the worst run professional sports franchise from 2001 through the present.

In that time span, they've netted one, ONE, one and done playoff appearance in a league where it's damn near impossible to be consistently out of the picture. In that span, they've had more than one true franchise player (first Bure, then Luongo) who was arguably if not certainly top-3 at his respective position, ended up selling him for 60 cents on the dollar and somehow found a way to never use the draft to their benefit. Bouwmeester, Weiss, Horton, none have made the difference expected and all were (and I may be wrong) top-6 picks. Bouwmeester has been great in spurts but unable to become teh next Paul Coffey or Brian Leetch as he was so hyped. The rest just can't stay healthy, and even when healthy, production-wise, are generally second line players.

I'm fully with Hotcorner, this team's just so frustrating because they've got no one to blame but their own continued ineptitude.

I love to hate on the Royals/Rays/Warriors/Knicks etc., but the Florida Panthers really are making a case for being the worst run professional sports franchise from 2001 through the present.

In that time span, they've netted one, ONE, one and done playoff appearance in a league where it's damn near impossible to be consistently out of the picture. In that span, they've had more than one true franchise player (first Bure, then Luongo) who was arguably if not certainly top-3 at his respective position, ended up selling him for 60 cents on the dollar and somehow found a way to never use the draft to their benefit. Bouwmeester, Weiss, Horton, none have made the difference expected and all were (and I may be wrong) top-6 picks. Bouwmeester has been great in spurts but unable to become teh next Paul Coffey or Brian Leetch as he was so hyped. The rest just can't stay healthy, and even when healthy, production-wise, are generally second line players.

I'm fully with Hotcorner, this team's just so frustrating because they've got no one to blame but their own continued ineptitude.

Last time they made the playoffs was the 1999-2000 season. Then they got swept by the devils :(

Last time they made the playoffs was the 1999-2000 season. Then they got swept by the devils :(

Yeah, you're right. 2001-02 was when Bure got traded.

My bad.

Yeah, you're right. 2001-02 was when Bure got traded.

My bad.

Ha I wasnt trying to correct you, I was making the panthers look worse

I dont know, JayBo is pretty darn good and he is still pretty young

give some of the young guys more than 3-4 years to grow

not everyone is Sid the Kid

I've been hearing 3-4 years to grow since the 2002 season. Now the panthers are saying it again. Unless they make a splash in free agency this team will not make the playoffs for a while.

I dont know, JayBo is pretty darn good and he is still pretty young

give some of the young guys more than 3-4 years to grow

not everyone is Sid the Kid

I've been hearing 3-4 years to grow since the 2002 season. Now the panthers are saying it again. Unless they make a splash in free agency this team will not make the playoffs for a while.

maybe it's me but I think JayBo is coming into his own this year and he should be an all star too

again, I think it's unfair to give guys 2-3-4 years and say you need to perform now or else

I hate the way players are judged these days(not necessarily picking on you guys, just my feeling on sports in general)