UM recruiting thread

Fishfan79

BobbyBowden

Seems I was wrong about Thompson, pretty crazy he now has Miami and FSU as his top 2 schools listed. Bowden is an amazing closer. I still think UM has the edge with so many from his team coming here and him being great friends with Marve. Want this kid, 4.28 40 time

From my understanding, Deonte said he has never even seen Marve play, but said that from the things he's heard about him, his committment has an impact on his decision...

And BobbyBowden, I'm guessing you're an FSU fan. lol... A.J. Ganguzza committed there a few days ago from West Boca High. I wrote an article on Ganguzza for the Boca News before this season, and while I think he is a D-I player, I don't believe he is FSU good at all. I mean, he committed to FIU before FSU finally offered...

So yea, the latest news I'm hearing about Deonte is that its FSU and UM. Although Bobby made a nice push at the end, I think he signs with UM. Plus WR Bert Reed decommitted from UF and committed to FSU today and we still have WR Markish Jones on our board. But we'll see what happens, signing day is always crazy.

Wildcard, thanks for your imput on A.J. Ganguzza. Trust me, I wasn't too thrilled when I heard the new OL coach offered the kid a scholarship, but the coach is set at getting guys that are around 280-295lbs and no more. His system worked well at West Virginia and LSU for years, so I guess we'll have to wait and see how it goes for FSU.

Oh, and one more thing about Deonte. There is a rumor going around that Deonte recieved a phone call from Marve on Sunday evening, but Deonte has yet to return the call. I'll say it again, its just a rumor, but if its true, you have to believe that its good news for FSU.

Supposedly Marve has been talking to him a few times already and stuff :)

But the interesting rumor I read on a canes board is that Jimbo Fischer got into an arguement with DT's coach supposedly. I think the coaches name is Snead.

I wouldnt put anything past bowden, but no matter what happens I like the UM class already compared to where we were a month ago. Randy has done a great job.

Yea, I heard about the Fisher arguement too. Apparently DT's coach has been really pushing UF on the kid (who would have figured, the guy played at UF) and tried to stop DT from taking his visit to FSU this past weekend.

Congrats on getting DVD, I heard that he switched his commitment this morning. Definitely a huge pickup for the Canes.

One more thing, isn't it weird that FSU and UM are battling only over 1 recruit? When was the last time that ever happened. I was talking to my Cane buddy the other day and we both couldn't believe it.

Demarcus Van Dyke has just decommitted from UF and rejoined UM's recruiting group. Great pickup.

Sun-Sentinel reporting that DT is very unlikely to end up at UM.

Great pick up :)

We have a nice little secondary going there.

BobbyBowden it is strange, just seems our need for recruits dont match as much this year and really the two programs seem to both be down. UF is stealing guys from both of us. Of course it will remain to be seen if Meyer can win without Zook's players honestly.

I really dont like the talk supposedly that I read on some of the rivals and scout boards how meyer is calling names on bowden and talking about him being febble and stuff. :confused If that is indeed true, he reminds me of saban, anything for a recruit.

Thats good news for UM.

Are the canes waiting on anyone else?

DT (Florida's top WR), Kerry Murphy DT (Alabama's top recruit), Lee Chambers RB/KR/PR (dont think he officially declared yet but should be soon)

Guys out there but I doubt we get;

Hicks LB 4* - Declared for UF but there is an article out there he might decomitt to UM, doubt it.

Webb 4* TE - Committed to michigan but took a visit here this weekend and supposedly loved it down here (who wouldnt compared to cold michigan!)

Jacoby Monroe DT - still out there with many teams after him, I havent seen him commit anywhere yet. But we have a big DT with Perry already still wouldnt be against him

Deon Miller WR - possible chance to come down here, we havent offered but he is a solid prospect WR. If we miss out on DT he could help.

Billy Bob Orsagh QB - possible QB prospect but I doubt it with Marve

Nicholas CB/S - prospect from down here Rutgers really wants badly, he is 50/50 supposedly. With DVD we really dont need him

Fishfan, in my honest opinion its only a matter of time before recruits see what kind of jerk Urban Meyer is. His recruiting tactics are unheard of and eventually will catch up to him. On another note, I think UF taking all those kids from Lakeland is a bad idea on their part. Just look what happened at Arkansas this year when they had 4 guys that played at the same high school together commit to Arkansas and now all of them have left the program or asked about leaving the program.

Thats good news for UM.

DT (Florida's top WR), Kerry Murphy DT (Alabama's top recruit), Lee Chambers RB/KR/PR (dont think he officially declared yet but should be soon)

Webb 4* TE - Committed to michigan but took a visit here this weekend and supposedly loved it down here (who wouldnt compared to cold michigan!)

Don't know where you are getting your information from, but both Webb and Brandon Paul were no shows this past weekend on the recruiting visits.

Thats good news for UM.

Don't know where you are getting your information from, but both Webb and Brandon Paul were no shows this past weekend on the recruiting visits.

Really I could of sworn webb went, I thought I read it on scout. I know Paul didnt show though which is a loss but I didnt expect us to get him anyways. oh wells.

Thats good news for UM.

Really I could of sworn webb went, I thought I read it on scout. I know Paul didnt show though which is a loss but I didnt expect us to get him anyways. oh wells.

From Rivals:

* [shawnbrey]McNeal confirmed what was already speculated: That Brandon Paul and Martell Webb did not take their visits as had been planned.

Thats good news for UM.

From Rivals:

* [shawnbrey]McNeal confirmed what was already speculated: That Brandon Paul and Martell Webb did not take their visits as had been planned.

My bad for that one dude I didnt see the blip

Kerry Murphy to Alabama.

Cant blame the kid for staying home that is how we get alot of guys ourselves after all.

Still need to land DT and hold onto as many recruits as possible and hope they qualify.

I read that Tolliver is going to LSU, good pick up for them swiping him from UF.