Prince Halftime Show

METSrosexual

KISS and Metallica both need to get their turns at the Super Bowl.

:blink:

Why not? They've sold tons of albums. Have a lot of hits that either don't contain swearing or aren't depending on the swearing being in there. The average NFL fan probably LISTENS to Metallica, has their albums, or has heard enough of them not to care.

They'd have to chop their stuff up, to get more than one song in there, however, since every track of theirs averages 7 minutes, however.

I find it more ridiculous when they invite people who don't make sense. Sorry, but Justin Timberlake, Janet Jackson, Jessica Simpson (aside from her TnA), Shania Twain, No Doubt, Britney Spears, etc., etc don't "fit." I mean, sure, you can't have Slipknot or any other Nu Metal/hardcore stuff out there, but at least put something out there the fans can enjoy and that kind of fits the theme of the spectacle that is the Superbowl. Hell, I'd rather have John Williams and his orchestra out there doing the NFL Classics themes than the crap Mtv and Disney usually put out there.

I must of watched a different halftime show. :blink:

You're entitled to your opinion. Even if it sucks.

And your opinion that his opinion sucks is also you're opinion. And you're entitled to that. :thumbup

That's my point.

You catch on quick. Where you thinking about going to college?

I didn't know Prince was that popular now a days.

Well, he's kind of like Michael Jackson-lite. You didn't have as MANY people into his music, he did a lot of awesome pop stuff, but, although he's gone through some stale phases, HASN'T actually gone stale yet. Even one his worst albums he still has some decent material (I'm thinking of when he went as JUST "the artist" and a lot of the material he generated during the phase of just being the symbol). Musicology is a great CD, and 3121 (which I haven't heard yet) was a number one debut on the Billboard top 200.

I'm not hating, but what rock have you been living under? Folks, I think we might have found Osama, here. "didn't know Prince was popular nowadays," HAH!

BTW, I came in really late to Prince's music, myself. I liked Michael Jackson a million more times than Prince when I was a kid, but when I went to college I acted with a guy who used to DJ and spun a lot of Prince and worshipped the guy. He kind of introduced me and I was hooked. Now, I don't claim to own all 50 albums this dude has ever put out, but what I do own I like a lot and I actually think Prince's work is superior to Jackson's, but I still find Jackson to be a better/less theatrical showman.

Why not? They've sold tons of albums. Have a lot of hits that either don't contain swearing or aren't depending on the swearing being in there. The average NFL fan probably LISTENS to Metallica, has their albums, or has heard enough of them not to care.

They'd have to chop their stuff up, to get more than one song in there, however, since every track of theirs averages 7 minutes, however.

I find it more ridiculous when they invite people who don't make sense. Sorry, but Justin Timberlake, Janet Jackson, Jessica Simpson (aside from her TnA), Shania Twain, No Doubt, Britney Spears, etc., etc don't "fit." I mean, sure, you can't have Slipknot or any other Nu Metal/hardcore stuff out there, but at least put something out there the fans can enjoy and that kind of fits the theme of the spectacle that is the Superbowl. Hell, I'd rather have John Williams and his orchestra out there doing the NFL Classics themes than the crap Mtv and Disney usually put out there.

Metallica is way too "dangerous" to play the superbowl. The Suits would never allow it.

Although since the napster thing I am convince that they have no souls and only care about money (which isn't an inherently bad thing), I wouldn't be surprised if they did it if it was offered.