Beer is my friend.

Or how about a Delirium, A Belgian beer voted worlds best

Wow - very strong offering! :thumbup

However, I will see your Delirium and raise you a Chimay Blue [in the Belgian Category]!

My roommate had a bottle of that and gave me a sip - it was awesome.

Or how about a Delirium, A Belgian beer voted worlds best

Wow - very strong offering! :thumbup

However, I will see your Delirium and raise you a Chimay Blue [in the Belgian Category]!

PRL has that too :thumbup . It is an excellent beer. I believe the blue label Chimay is the one that is somewhere between 9-11% alcohol, correct? I know one of the beers by Chimay is very strong!

In my town, we had a beer called Viking Plunder. It was thick black stout beer that was 11.5% alchohol. Unfortunately, the brewery closed down so we no longer have this magnificant beer. It was our favorite beer.

PRL has that too :thumbup . It is an excellent beer. I believe the blue label Chimay is the one that is somewhere between 9-11% alcohol, correct? I know one of the beers by Chimay is very strong!

Yeah - this one's 9% - I think it's their strongest offering. One thing I can tell you for certain is that this is easily among my favorite "easier to come by" beers on this planet!

I've also got a special place in my heart for Paulaner Hefeweisen:

This is especially tasty fresh from the tap! It has a smooth texture and a sweet taste with a hint of banana and a refreshing after taste. Two big thumbs up if you are a weissbier drinker! :thumbup :thumbup

Yeah - this one's 9% - I think it's their strongest offering. One thing I can tell you for certain is that this is easily among my favorite "easier to come by" beers on this planet!

I've also got a special place in my heart for Paulaner Hefeweisen:

This is especially tasty fresh from the tap! It has a smooth texture and a sweet taste with a hint of banana and a refreshing after taste. Two big thumbs up if you are a weissbier drinker! :thumbup :thumbup

:mischief2 I have not seen that one. I'll have to keep an eye out for it, sounds great.

C'mon guys... it's all about this...

http://www.public.iastate.edu/~jstanek/me519/hw6/data/jstanek.budweiser.bmp

or this...

Thanks for ruining our thread. I have half a mind to come down there and pee in your Cheerios [it would be a heck of a lot tastier than the Beast!]. :whistle

Hey, the beast is the best cost-effective beer ever. It's made by Miller, tastes just like Miller, for half the price. YOU CAN'T GO WRONG!

But Budweiser is my beer of choice. I like to stick to my domestic friends, and Bud is just great.

Stella

:thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

Stella Artois is the greatest.

Gotta love the wife beater. :thumbup

I just tried this one last night. It was pretty good.

Not the best beer I've ever had, but it was good and goes down smooth.

How does Urquell compare with Staropramen?

Oh damn! I completely forgot about Starpramen. That was some good stuff. Not something I would have that often, but definitely worth the try. I had the Staropramen Granat which isn't really a dark beer, but I guess it was in between. It was a little on the bitter side compared to Urquell and also a little darker.

+1

If you are ready to leap from an Ale to a Bitter, Boddington's is really good even from a can. Smithwick's is much better from the tap [less skunky tasting?] but I guess you can say that about just about any beer.

If the Boddington's sits too heavy, you can always make the switch from bitter to brown and find some Dogfish Head Indian Brown. It's some good stuff!

A lot of my friends really like the Rogue Hazelnut Brown as well [but I'm not a fan of hazelnut in my beer]

For those of you who like Blue Moon, see Cougarxlc's post re: Hoegaarden White. Then, once your palate knows a good Witbier, I have to send you back to the Dogfish Head brewery once again for their Red and White. It is an AMAZING beer in this category [and a TAD strong]!

I'm a bit biased to Colorado micro brews but a few of my favorites are:

Butthead Bock from the Tommyknocker Brewery

Maple Nut Brown Ale from Tommyknocker Brewery

Fat Tire from New Belgium Brewery

As for international beer, on St. Patrick's day I will be sipping Kilkenny Red Ale at the Irish pub in Sofia

I'm a bit biased to Colorado micro brews but a few of my favorites are...

You know, I've tried about a dozen of the TommyKnocker offerings [imperial Nut Brown was probably the best] and thought they were okay. I swear to you, though, try something from the Dillon Dam Brewery if you can. I would put their Yo Han Bock up against the ButtHead Bock any day of the week. I'd also pick their Sweet George's over the TommyKnocker Maple because it has just a hint of sweet caramel versus the Maple's overpowering flavor.

If you don't like it, let me know and I will send you a check for $4.00 to pay you back for the beer!