Beer is my friend.

Cool. We have a place like that up here called Stubbie where there's over 250 and if you drink 100 you get a t-shirt. I'm actually coming back to South Florida next week for spring break so I will definitely check that place out.

Stubbie's is pretty enjoyable

Im heading up to Milwaukee tomorrow to check out Marquette's law school, plan on checking out the Miller brewery and at least one more on Friday. I believe there are about 6 breweries in the area and a lot of small restaurants brew their own beer there.

I just went to Stubbie last night actually. I had a Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA and a Gouden Carolus Tripel. :thumbup

Dogfish Head is quickly becoming my favorite brewery. They are consistently better than average to great across the board! :thumbup

I've head the 90 minute IPA and to me the Dogheads are too...flowery? I can't think of a better word but they almost have a potpourri taste on the finish?

just had a raccoon red ale in milwaukee at rock bottom.... pretty enjoyable. Had a honey weiss as well, a Leine beer, it was too sweet.... Had a Sprecher Hefe Weiss as well. The Miller brewery tour included three samples and was pretty disappointing since two were Miller Lite and MGD, but at least they gave me two MGDs accidentally so I got 4 instead of three.

Last day in Milwaukee I added a couple sausages and a Bavarian Weiss at the Water Street Brewery.

"A traditional German Hefeweizen that boasts a fruity banana and clove taste. Using unique weiss yeast, after fermentation this beer is served unfiltered and with a fresh lemon wedge."

lol Dos Equis

When I was in Costa Maya this past week, any beer we'd ask for, they'd always give us a Dos Equis. It was decent. I mean nothing that compares to many European beers, but was enjoyable to drink. Sol was another that was similar to Dos Equis I thought.

I like Warsteiner a lot as well although I feel as though the Warsteiner I had in Europe was a lot different than the bottles here. I dunno. Maybe its just me imagining things

Yep, the Leine's Red was very good. I had that late night in the hotel because I wasn't able to find it earlier in the day but the hotel lobby had it. I thought the Honey Weiss was a bit too sweet for my taste. Before I left town I tried the Raspberry Weiss, just because I had to (wanted to) taste it. It wasnt even like a beer, it was like Raspberry seltzer. I was disappointed. The Bavarian Weiss from Water Street was actually very good and the Hefe Weiss from Sprecher was average for a Hefeweizen.

The Greater Gator Beer Festival was here in Gainesville yesterday (Saturday), there was a lot--a lot-- of beer. Sadly I don't really remember many of the ones I tried. I was pretty drunk. I did confirm my enjoyment of Shipyard brewery. I'm also extremely sunburned :(

Yep, I asked for a smaller glass than what I had been drinking. Curiousity got the best of me.

The Greater Gator Beer Festival was here in Gainesville yesterday (Saturday), there was a lot--a lot-- of beer. Sadly I don't really remember many of the ones I tried. I was pretty drunk. I did confirm my enjoyment of Shipyard brewery. I'm also extremely sunburned :(

I absolutely hate the Shipyard beers

just had some Blue Moon at Finnegan's Wake in Tally....I think I'm in love.

Blue Moon is one of those things were you can fall in love it the first few times you have it, but then as after awhile it gets old after awhile. I had that same experience. Everywhere I went somewhere I would get excited if I saw they carried Blue Moon, but now...not so much. Gets old quick.

Kind of like a Justin Timberlake song on the radio.

Did you have it with an orange, BTW?

Blue Moon is one of those things were you can fall in love it the first few times you have it, but then as after awhile it gets old after awhile. I had that same experience. Everywhere I went somewhere I would get excited if I saw they carried Blue Moon, but now...not so much. Gets old quick.

Very true.

I'm getting some Spaten! If you havent had it, its a excellent beer. Its semi hard to find though...

Ya came with orange...Should I squeeze some in?

• 2 weeks later...

Bradcore - It will be available at Three Floyds Brewing Company in Munster, IN on April 29. Give them a call at (219) 922-3565 if you need them to save you a bottle [if you do this - get one for me too!].

WHere do you find all these crazy brands? I'm interested in trying somethin new. You know any places here in S.Florida?

WHere do you find all these crazy brands? I'm interested in trying somethin new. You know any places here in S.Florida?

Unfortunately for you, Florida is not known for having very good beer [notice how most of the best beers are from cold places?]. That being said, I've heard that Florida Beer Company up in Melbourne has some okay beer. :shrugs

I think a beer import store is probably your best friend. If you give me an idea of 3 of your favorite beers, I can at least give you some suggestions on beers to try.

Unfortunately for you, Florida is not known for having very good beer [notice how most of the best beers are from cold places?]. That being said, I've heard that Florida Beer Company up in Melbourne has some okay beer. :shrugs

I think a beer import store is probably your best friend. If you give me an idea of 3 of your favorite beers, I can at least give you some suggestions on beers to try.

Heineken, Corona, Becks

Update: You guys have a beerfest coming up on April 28 in Ft. Lauderdale at Esplanade Park:

http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/promos/events/?event=250430

Heineken, Corona, Becks

Heineken and Corona: Pale Lager - I'm not a Lager fan but you can try Motorcity Lager or Sam Smith's Organic Lager. They taste a little more like beer.

Becks: Premium Lager - Sierra Nevada Summerfest is actually a decent beer and should be pretty easy to find.

I would like to see you try something just a tad outside of your normal element like a Middle Ages Grail Ale [lighter] with a smooth finish or a Rogue American Amber [medium bodied] but it has a bitter finish. It depends on what you like about the styles you mentioned.

Bradcore - It will be available at Three Floyds Brewing Company in Munster, IN on April 29. Give them a call at (219) 922-3565 if you need them to save you a bottle [if you do this - get one for me too!].

Heh. That's a little out of my way for driving. Now if they would send beer through the mail. :mischief2