Beer is my friend.

Bradcore

I am drinking a Moosehead lager right now. Its actually been a while since I have one. I have been on a trappist and stout craze the past two weeks.

And there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with that! :thumbup

I'm not really a fan of lagers or pilsners. They just don't have the substance of a good monk beer or stout.

It was very refreshing last night. I had a Moosehead and a Yuengling. I tried to stay away the past two weeks just to try new stuff, I didnt want it to effect the tastes of the new beers.

What is your favorite lager or pilsner?

What is your favorite lager or pilsner?

I'd have to go with Sam Smith's then Sam Adams Light in the Lager category. I have yet to try a Lager I would rate as "GOOD" beer versus "acceptible under the circumstances."

Asking me to pick my favorite pilsner is like asking me to name my favorite way to get kicked in the balls. Maybe Abita?

If you look at the top 250 or so American beers [just American beers], you wont find a lager or pilsner in the bunch.

For my Lagers, I would say Samual Adams or Gerry's Hampshire Special Ale. I'm more of a stout man, however. I wish Rocky Bay Brewing was still in business. They made a truely great beer in the winter. It was a thick black stout and 11.5% alchohol known as Viking Plunder.

R.I.P.

My girlfriends dad went back to the liquor store and picked me up this six pack:

Rochefort 10

Skullspliter

Old Speckeled Hen

Dogfishead 90 IPA

Sierra Nevada Big Foot

Victory Stormy King Imperial Stout

Also thursday I am thinking about going to the Harpoon brewery. If I make it up, I will report it.

Lastly, if anyone is thinking of going to Belgium (or anywhere in europe) there is a good deal on AA. If you sign up for their credit card (either amex or mastercard) and buy a ticket to India you get 40,000 miles, which is enough for a ticket to Europe. So basically if you want to go to India and somewhere in Europe (my friend and I want to do a trappist trip to belgium and netherlands) you can get both trips for about $1100. Thats a sick deal considering a ticket to europe usually costs atleast $600.

Right now we are looking at going to delhi in May, when the fares to india are the cheapest, then going to belgium at the end of october. Westvletern 12... I'm coming for you

My girlfriends dad went back to the liquor store and picked me up this six pack:

Rochefort 10

Skullspliter

Old Speckeled Hen

Dogfishead 90 IPA

Sierra Nevada Big Foot

Also thursday I am thinking about going to the Harpoon brewery. If I make it up, I will report it.

Lastly, if anyone is thinking of going to Belgium (or anywhere in europe) there is a good deal on AA. If you sign up for their credit card (either amex or mastercard) and buy a ticket to India you get 40,000 miles, which is enough for a ticket to Europe. So basically if you want to go to India and somewhere in Europe (my friend and I want to do a trappist trip to belgium and netherlands) you can get both trips for about $1100. Thats a sick deal considering a ticket to europe usually costs atleast $600.

Right now we are looking at going to delhi in May, when the fares to india are the cheapest, then going to belgium at the end of october. Westvletern 12... I'm coming for you

Does that deal have to be for India? I don't think I'd much have a desire to go there...

Tasty sounding six pack, btw.

Rochefort 10

Skullspliter

Old Speckeled Hen

Dogfishead 90 IPA

Sierra Nevada Big Foot

Does that deal have to be for India? I don't think I'd much have a desire to go there...

Well the reason I picked India is because you get a ton of miles to go there.

You get 20,000 miles to sign up for the card. Boston to Delhi round trip is 17,500 miles + you buy your ticket with the card and pick up 2500 miles = 40,000 miles

You could go to Japan instead if you were leaving from anywhere in florida. You will probably end up 2,000 miles short, but you can just buy miles from american airlines at $25 for every 1,000. So for about $800 you could do Tokyo and Belgium (or where ever you wanted to go)

Its really a great deal if you plan on going to two places. I did this last year. I signed up for a card and went to Japan, then got Buenos Aires for free. Now I am going to do it again and do Delhi and Belgium/Amsterdam.

Rochefort 10

Skullspliter

Old Speckeled Hen

Dogfishead 90 IPA

Sierra Nevada Big Foot

Well the reason I picked India is because you get a ton of miles to go there.

You get 20,000 miles to sign up for the card. Boston to Delhi round trip is 17,500 miles + you buy your ticket with the card and pick up 2500 miles = 40,000 miles

You could go to Japan instead if you were leaving from anywhere in florida. You will probably end up 2,000 miles short, but you can just buy miles from american airlines at $25 for every 1,000. So for about $800 you could do Tokyo and Belgium (or where ever you wanted to go)

Its really a great deal if you plan on going to two places. I did this last year. I signed up for a card and went to Japan, then got Buenos Aires for free. Now I am going to do it again and do Delhi and Belgium/Amsterdam.

Nice! Gives me something to think about...Japan+Belgium and the Netherlands would be awesome.

• 2 weeks later...

So yesterday, I threw a BBQ on my Samuel Adams Briquette grill. We have about five chicken breasts, seven steaks, potato salad, chips and dip, and 24 ice cold beers. It was a good day.

:drool

Yeah - Sam Lite is a really good beer on a hot day. It's my go to beer for July/August camping trips for sure.

So yesterday, I threw a BBQ on my Samuel Adams Briquette grill. We have about five chicken breasts, seven steaks, potato salad, chips and dip, and 24 ice cold beers. It was a good day.

:drool

Yeah - Sam Lite is a really good beer on a hot day. It's my go to beer for July/August camping trips for sure.

Yeah, we has Samuel Adams Summer Ale.

So I went into the liquor store with the intention of only getting two trappest glasses but somehow ended up with:

Maredous 10

Maredous 8

Westmalle tripple

Erdinger Dunklewiezen

Erdinger Hefewiezen Dark

Ayinger Dark Hefewiezen

Paulaner

Paulaner Oktoberfest

Paulaner Salvator

I cant wait to break into that.

• 3 weeks later...

Here is the article on Westvleteren 12, its a great read.

http://www.bootsnall.com/articles/07-04/we...ium-europe.html

So I want to buy this on Ebay for my best friend who is getting ready to have a kid(it is going to cost me about a 100 bucks) but on all the ebay listings for it says this: PLEASE be notified that your bid is for the bottles ! I am wondering if that is simply a way around being able to legally sell alcohol online at ebay? I am guessing so, but just wanted to make sure. I know I could simply just contact the selller, but I (this sounds so 1990's of me) don't have an Ebay account.

Also, have you guys heard of any other sources/places to buy it at?

So I want to buy this on Ebay for my best friend who is getting ready to have a kid(it is going to cost me about a 100 bucks) but on all the ebay listings for it says this: PLEASE be notified that your bid is for the bottles ! I am wondering if that is simply a way around being able to legally sell alcohol online at ebay? I am guessing so, but just wanted to make sure. I know I could simply just contact the selller, but I (this sounds so 1990's of me) don't have an Ebay account.

Thats just a way to get around it. Like if you search for a bottle of dom perignon on ebay it will say the same thing. Ebay is the only place I am aware of that you can get Westy online.

Are you going to get all 12's or are you going to get three 12's and three 8's?

Thats just a way to get around it. Like if you search for a bottle of dom perignon on ebay it will say the same thing. Ebay is the only place I am aware of that you can get Westy online.

Are you going to get all 12's or are you going to get three 12's and three 8's?

To make it even more confusing the first "rule" is this:

1) The value of the auctioned item is in the collectible container , not its contents .

So definitely thats only a way around it though?

I am going to get all 12's. the 3 12's and 3 8's are about the same price as the all 12's so I might as well get the best.