Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

time frame for new stadium

Featured Replies

when the state fails to give the marlins the tax rebate what is next ? I am looking for answers from those in the know on the forum, obviously time is running short the lease at dolphin stadium is going to expire soon , is mlb going to step up to bridge the funding gap ? can the ownership , city , or county kick in more , is hialeah still viable ? when will we know if the Marlins are staying or going ? this is really depressing if anyone can shed somelight at what kind of time frame we are looking at i would appreciate it :banghead

The $30 million shortfall shouldn't be as big as it seems if the parties actually mean to get this done. The Marlins need to cowboy up.

What I don't get is why doesn't Loria use the 30 million dollars he is reportedly pocketing to bridge the gap? Doesn't he realize in the end he'll be gaining even more money?

What I don't get is why doesn't Loria use the 30 million dollars he is reportedly pocketing to bridge the gap? Doesn't he realize in the end he'll be gaining even more money?

 

apparently that is not the case. Otherwise, it would already happend

Marlins/MLB trying to see what happens. The State money is plan A, but if the Canes leave the OB...the money supposed to renovate that facility could be diverted to this project....that would be plan B I would think.

 

All the Fish can do is sit and wait.

Marlins/MLB trying to see what happens. The State money is plan A, but if the Canes leave the OB...the money supposed to renovate that facility could be diverted to this project....that would be plan B I would think.

 

All the Fish can do is sit and wait.

 

I hate waiting. :thumbdown

Plan B has to be all three parties pony up $10 million more each and move on.

 

If $30 million (upfront) is all that really is needed to make this deal happen it's a done deal. The city and county are so far ahead on CDT collections (a piece of which goes to the stadium) not just because the number of hotel rooms is through the roof but the room rate is so far above even their wildest projections, no one ever dared dream money would be flowing like this. If anyone involved in projecting CDT revenues ten years ago had come up with numbers like these they would have been fired that day. The coffers are literally overflowing.

 

The only thing I dislike is Huizenga continuing to use the rebate but perhaps the legislature in their infinite wisdom can fix that. That and scr*wing every phony Marlins fan in Palm Beach county who say they don't want to drive another fifteen minutes into Miami when everyone knows the real reason is "they don't want to drive into Miami". Ditto Broward btw who is standing on the Marlins' airhose in hopes they can get gambling to pay for a stadium in their county without having to put up a penny. good luck with that.

 

Palm Beach county as well as Broward should be ashamed of their racist selves. And I'm leaning towards the Miami Marlins too if that helps distance the team from the turncoats to the north.

Plan B has to be all three parties pony up $10 million more each and move on.

 

If $30 million (upfront) is all that really is needed to make this deal happen it's a done deal. The city and county are so far ahead on CDT collections (a piece of which goes to the stadium) not just because the number of hotel rooms is through the roof but the room rate is so far above even their wildest projections, no one ever dared dream money would be flowing like this. If anyone involved in projecting CDT revenues ten years ago had come up with numbers like these they would have been fired that day. The coffers are literally overflowing.

 

The only thing I dislike is Huizenga continuing to use the rebate but perhaps the legislature in their infinite wisdom can fix that. That and scr*wing every phony Marlins fan in Palm Beach county who say they don't want to drive another fifteen minutes into Miami when everyone knows the real reason is "they don't want to drive into Miami". Ditto Broward btw who is standing on the Marlins' airhose in hopes they can get gambling to pay for a stadium in their county without having to put up a penny. good luck with that.

 

Palm Beach county as well as Broward should be ashamed of their racist selves. And I'm leaning towards the Miami Marlins too if that helps distance the team from the turncoats to the north.

 

I live in Broward and I agree 100%!

Plan B has to be all three parties pony up $10 million more each and move on.

 

If $30 million (upfront) is all that really is needed to make this deal happen it's a done deal. The city and county are so far ahead on CDT collections (a piece of which goes to the stadium) not just because the number of hotel rooms is through the roof but the room rate is so far above even their wildest projections, no one ever dared dream money would be flowing like this. If anyone involved in projecting CDT revenues ten years ago had come up with numbers like these they would have been fired that day. The coffers are literally overflowing.

 

The only thing I dislike is Huizenga continuing to use the rebate but perhaps the legislature in their infinite wisdom can fix that. That and scr*wing every phony Marlins fan in Palm Beach county who say they don't want to drive another fifteen minutes into Miami when everyone knows the real reason is "they don't want to drive into Miami". Ditto Broward btw who is standing on the Marlins' airhose in hopes they can get gambling to pay for a stadium in their county without having to put up a penny. good luck with that.

 

Palm Beach county as well as Broward should be ashamed of their racist selves. And I'm leaning towards the Miami Marlins too if that helps distance the team from the turncoats to the north.

 

Going from West Palm/Boca/Pompano/Coral Springs to Miami is like going to a different world. Cramped city, tons of traffic... quite a change from the comfy suburbs and shopping centers of Palm Beach/Broward. People up here just kind of don't like going to Miami. I don't know why you're trying to bring racism into this.

Plan B has to be all three parties pony up $10 million more each and move on.

 

If $30 million (upfront) is all that really is needed to make this deal happen it's a done deal. The city and county are so far ahead on CDT collections (a piece of which goes to the stadium) not just because the number of hotel rooms is through the roof but the room rate is so far above even their wildest projections, no one ever dared dream money would be flowing like this. If anyone involved in projecting CDT revenues ten years ago had come up with numbers like these they would have been fired that day. The coffers are literally overflowing.

 

The only thing I dislike is Huizenga continuing to use the rebate but perhaps the legislature in their infinite wisdom can fix that. That and scr*wing every phony Marlins fan in Palm Beach county who say they don't want to drive another fifteen minutes into Miami when everyone knows the real reason is "they don't want to drive into Miami". Ditto Broward btw who is standing on the Marlins' airhose in hopes they can get gambling to pay for a stadium in their county without having to put up a penny. good luck with that.

 

Palm Beach county as well as Broward should be ashamed of their racist selves. And I'm leaning towards the Miami Marlins too if that helps distance the team from the turncoats to the north.

 

Going from West Palm/Boca/Pompano/Coral Springs to Miami is like going to a different world. Cramped city, tons of traffic... quite a change from the comfy suburbs and shopping centers of Palm Beach/Broward. People up here just kind of don't like going to Miami. I don't know why you're trying to bring racism into this.

Some Palm-Beach and Broward people think that Miami is the South Florida ghetto.

 

btw, Broward and Palm Beach traffic sucks as much as Miami traffic.

If the whiners would think about it, Miami is alot better than Orlando, Las Vegas, or San Antonio to drive to no?

btw, Broward and Palm Beach traffic sucks as much as Miami traffic.

 

i don't know what I-95 you've been on, but bulls***!

honestly. i'm not just trying to start an argument. but in my experience... the traffic to, and moreso from miami is almost unbearable.

If the whiners would think about it, Miami is alot better than Orlando, Las Vegas, or San Antonio to drive to no?

 

You know as well as I do that alot of this is the democrats doing everything they can to rob Crist and the republicans of any victory they can and this has become a political football purely because of that. It's a shame that's how things work north of here but like I said I hope we (the Miami delegation) have a chance to pay them back in spades when it comes to FDOT $$$, or environmental resources or anything else we can divert elsewhere. You know those grant requests have to go through alot of review and projects can be held up for years and years...

btw, Broward and Palm Beach traffic sucks as much as Miami traffic.

 

i don't know what I-95 you've been on, but bulls***!

honestly. i'm not just trying to start an argument. but in my experience... the traffic to, and moreso from miami is almost unbearable.

 

1) I go to Palm Beach frequently due to work. I drive from Weston (Traffic sucks so bad), I rather drive to Miami downtown if given the choice.

 

2) I lived in Delray many years and drove to work to Commercial blvd (horrible traffic)

 

3) Drove two years from Weston to Coral Gables, to complete my MBA in UM. (traffic was bad, but not horrible. I was there in 35 minutes)

 

4) Try to drive West to East on 595 in the mornings.

 

5) Try to drive West to East on Glades road (Turnpike Exit) in the afternoons

 

Traffic is bad everywhere in South Florida. It is not just Miami.

btw, Broward and Palm Beach traffic sucks as much as Miami traffic.

 

i don't know what I-95 you've been on, but bulls***!

honestly. i'm not just trying to start an argument. but in my experience... the traffic to, and moreso from miami is almost unbearable.

 

1) I go to Palm Beach frequently due to work. I drive from Weston (Traffic sucks so bad), I rather drive to Miami downtown if given the choice.

 

2) I lived in Delray many years and drove to work to Commercial blvd (horrible traffic)

 

3) Drove two years from Weston to Coral Gables, to complete my MBA in UM. (traffic was bad, but not horrible. I was there in 35 minutes)

 

4) Try to drive West to East on 595 in the mornings.

 

5) Try to drive West to East on Glades road (Turnpike Exit) in the afternoons

 

Traffic is bad everywhere in South Florida. It is not just Miami.

 

yo, what the f***? i drive from Yamato to Commercial via 95 and back twice a week. there's barely any ever backups. it's usually a 20 minute drive.

and I drive down Glades every day multiple times. yeah, traffics kinda slow during rush hour (right off the turnpike, or off 95 going east), but its nothing to complain about.

 

perspective from anyone else who lives in the suburbs of PBC or Broward here? maybe i'm weird?

You know as well as I do that alot of this is the democrats doing everything they can to rob Crist and the republicans of any victory they can and this has become a political football purely because of that. It's a shame that's how things work north of here but like I said I hope we (the Miami delegation) have a chance to pay them back in spades when it comes to FDOT $$$, or environmental resources or anything else we can divert elsewhere. You know those grant requests have to go through alot of review and projects can be held up for years and years...

My rep voted for both in committee. My former rep is now the Lt. Gov. and he voted for them before.

 

Abuchon, my current rep, is not part of any delegation but mine in Lee County.

The big arse is my Senator....but next election time I will find a way to vote for anyone but him.

 

The Dems do want to see Crist fail....but the Republicans have the majority in both houses and could get this done.

 

I like Traviesa being a firecracker though. He fights back and it is refreshing. He reps Tampa and has been fighting for the extra rebate for all the teams.

btw, Broward and Palm Beach traffic sucks as much as Miami traffic.

 

i don't know what I-95 you've been on, but bulls***!

honestly. i'm not just trying to start an argument. but in my experience... the traffic to, and moreso from miami is almost unbearable.

 

1) I go to Palm Beach frequently due to work. I drive from Weston (Traffic sucks so bad), I rather drive to Miami downtown if given the choice.

 

2) I lived in Delray many years and drove to work to Commercial blvd (horrible traffic)

 

3) Drove two years from Weston to Coral Gables, to complete my MBA in UM. (traffic was bad, but not horrible. I was there in 35 minutes)

 

4) Try to drive West to East on 595 in the mornings.

 

5) Try to drive West to East on Glades road (Turnpike Exit) in the afternoons

 

Traffic is bad everywhere in South Florida. It is not just Miami.

 

yo, what the f***? i drive from Yamato to Commercial via 95 and back twice a week. there's barely any ever backups. it's usually a 20 minute drive.

and I drive down Glades every day multiple times. yeah, traffics kinda slow during rush hour (right off the turnpike, or off 95 going east), but its nothing to complain about.

 

perspective from anyone else who lives in the suburbs of PBC or Broward here? maybe i'm weird?

 

Yamato to Commercial? How many miles? that's not such a long distance. I hope you are talking rush hour also.

 

Traffic in Glades suck during rush hour.

 

Traffic sucks everywhere in South Florida.

Let's get back to what we've all got in common: a desire to see the marlins succeed in south florida for the long term.

 

imho, the only way this happens is to expand the fan base, because right now, the fan base sucks. true, if the marlins get a new downtown miami ballpark, they will wind up losing a number of hard core, dedicated palm beach and broward fans who now would have to drive anywhere from 20-35 minutes each way to the game. but you stand to gain a number of businesspeople in downtown miami and brickell who could leave their fancy cars in their garages and take metromover or metrorail to a game after work.

 

bottom line is that money talks, and right now, the money's in downtown miami, not hialeah or pompano park or some swampland way the hell west.

Some people actually drive north for the games, and would be happy to have a stadium further south....Just build it, they will come.

 

Truer words were never spoken. :thumbup

 

Every marketing survey the Marlins have done since 2002 says the biggest underserved group of would be fans is south and southwest of Miami.

I have lived in both Pembroke Pines and Westchester. I can assure Westchester is just as much or more Marlins fanland than the Pines. Plus, more people live in SW Dade and South Dade than in Broward or Palm Beach.

 

The issue of location is solved, the City of Miami and Dade County are the only ones chipping in. Broward and Palm Beach refuse to put their money where their mouth is. They can pay the price of driving an extra 15-20 minutes to the new ballpark.

 

BTW, Governor Crist has been hinting about creating a new solution to this in time for this session.

 

I wouldn't be surprised if we had a Special Session this year. The Senate just has not gotten anything done. Charlie knows how to work it.

Palm Beach county as well as Broward should be ashamed of their racist selves. And I'm leaning towards the Miami Marlins too if that helps distance the team from the turncoats to the north.

 

I live in Broward and I agree 100%!

Yeah, I live in Broward as well and I agree. I'm was quite surprised the shear amount of people who refuse to go near Miami, and I think it's plain stupid with just a bit of racism.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.