Mitre pitching tonight

Since I guess it's no longer en vogue to trash Mitre around here, I'll leave you with one thought.

Mitre's not a work-horse. He doesn't have a complete game this season, has gone past 7 innings only twice.

In one more star than Anibal Sanchez, Mitre has allowed one more run, yet his ERA is half of Sanchez. There are plenty of runs being scored off him.

When you think about it, who on this staff is a work horse? Maybe Johnson. He's about it. And for the record, I'm not sold on Mitre at all. Three good games mean nothing to me considering his history.

Good, because 5/6 starts have been good, and his "none good" one is 6ip 4er :cool

just busting your chops Benched

Our rotation has been far from stellar, and Mitre has been a pleasant surprise. He really has never been a bad starter for us. As far as him not being a workhorse, and not throwing complete games... no one does consistently. Starters aren't supposed to throw complete games all the time. That's ridiculous, and I would be surprised if we see many complete games at all this year with Fredi. The McKeon days are over.

Since I guess it's no longer en vogue to trash Mitre around here, I'll leave you with one thought.

Mitre's not a work-horse. He doesn't have a complete game this season, has gone past 7 innings only twice.

In one more star than Anibal Sanchez, Mitre has allowed one more run, yet his ERA is half of Sanchez. There are plenty of runs being scored off him.

When you think about it, who on this staff is a work horse? Maybe Johnson. He's about it. And for the record, I'm not sold on Mitre at all. Three good games mean nothing to me considering his history.

Willis is clearly a workhorse.

Not really.

not really...he needs to be...

I hate not being able to weigh in.

I'll do it for you: Sergio Mitre sucks because my friend who is a Cub fan told me so and Sergio Mitre is just obviously really awful and should be in double A. Sergio Mitre sucks because my friend who is a Cub fan told me so and Sergio Mitre is just obviously really awful and should be in double A. Sergio Mitre sucks because my friend who is a Cub fan told me so and Sergio Mitre is just obviously really awful and should be in double A. Sergio Mitre sucks because my friend who is a Cub fan told me so and Sergio Mitre is just obviously really awful and should be in double A. Sergio Mitre sucks because my friend who is a Cub fan told me so and Sergio Mitre is just obviously really awful and should be in double A. Sergio Mitre sucks because my friend who is a Cub fan told me so and Sergio Mitre is just obviously really awful and should be in double A. Sergio Mitre sucks because my friend who is a Cub fan told me so and Sergio Mitre is just obviously really awful and should be in double A. Sergio Mitre sucks because my friend who is a Cub fan told me so and Sergio Mitre is just obviously really awful and should be in double A. Sergio Mitre sucks because my friend who is a Cub fan told me so and Sergio Mitre is just obviously really awful and should be in double A.

I can tell you from watching basically all Mitre's starts as a Cub that all he needed was a chance to have some stability in order to gain consistency. He had stretches with the Cubs where he was nearly unhittable, but most Cubs fans are pessimistic and tend to only remember players for their worst instead of seeing their upside. The Cubs are horrible at managing their players, especially young ones, and they never knew that to do with Mitre because they were too busy rushing Prior and Wood out there between DL stints.