Anyone here excited about our future bullpen arms?

After the All-Star break Carlos Martinez and Logan Kensing will be back ( :pray for no set backs). They will be fresh and ready to go.

Reliever Carlos Martinez continues to make strides in his recovery from Tommy John elbow surgery.

Martinez will be on a rehab assignment lasting a week to 10 days. He is slated to throw one inning of extended spring game on Saturday.

There is optimism that Martinez could be ready by mid-June. The right-handed reliever's velocity has been in the 93-94 mph range.

Reliever Logan Kensing is throwing 50-60 pitches in bullpen sessions. The right-hander, who also had Tommy John surgery, projects to return after the All-Star break.

With arms like... (I know all of them are not going to be in the pen at once)

Henry Owens

Matt Lindstrom

Renyel Pinto (Hopefully the good Pinto shows up from now on)

Taylor Tankersely

Kevin Gregg

Carlos Martinez

Logan Kensing

Randy Messenger

We probably will have the most talented pen. Anyone one of these guys can shut down a good offensive team.

Anyone self excited about our future arms in the pen?

I'm excited about our whole staff, the rotation is going to be scary again as well with Mitre, Willis, Johnson, Sanchez, and Olsen. Add that to our great bullpen and we've got great pitching. Hopefully we get more consistency on offense and the Marlins can be scary in the second half.

I'm not counting out Justin Miller yet either. He had a rough outing last night but he's pitched superbly before that and was pitching his third game in a row.

A lot of the reason why our bullpen arms look great one day and terrible the next is because they're just getting overworked. We lead the majors in bullpen innings logged. You can't expect them to be perfect every game. Once we get our starters healthy and going deeper into games the pen will be much better. It's all a vicious cycle.

I'm not counting out Justin Miller yet either. He had a rough outing last night but he's pitched superbly before that and was pitching his third game in a row.

He came in a distratous scenario with the Mets having plenty of momentum, I wouldn't judge Miller on his outing last night.