Dontrelle and Miggy?

LetsG0Fish

Dontrelle maybe, Cabrera no. But I don't think it is the .500 mark that will determine if they are on the block. I think it will have more to do with what happens between now and July 31st with the stadium. Also, I think it will have a lot to do with just how desperate a team is to get a pitcher like Willis. From a purely baseball standpoint, trading Willis now may be a smart move if you can get 3 or 4 major pieces back, such as a young catcher and centerfielder.

Dontrelle maybe, Cabrera no. But I don't think it is the .500 mark that will determine if they are on the block. I think it will have more to do with what happens between now and July 31st with the stadium. Also, I think it will have a lot to do with just how desperate a team is to get a pitcher like Willis. From a purely baseball standpoint, trading Willis now may be a smart move if you can get 3 or 4 major pieces back, such as a young catcher and centerfielder.

i agree with that, if one was to get traded i would think it would definately be Willis.

Is it a coinflip that Dontrelle will be with a different team in August?

Probably, but there is absolutely zero chance that he's a Met. This isn't an economic move for 27 of the other teams, and New York money has no influence in the decision making process...so it's just nauseating to see a columnist actually paid to write this garbage.

And the Mets cupboard is real bare as far as top flight ready talent goes.

Can't Miss Milledge has fallen so far out of favor with the team that Ben Johnson, not Milledge, is now traveling with the team in anticipation of a Green DL'ing.

You know, I always thought 100 threads about this topic was quite enough, but you proved me wrong, apparently we needed 101 threads on the subject.

:rolleyes:

It's not like he was reciting his opinion, he simply posted an article that some people probably did not see buried in the grumbling's thread.