Ignorance and ESPN

catchoftheday

Novak Djokovic is not only the world #6 (after the French Open he'll most likely be in the top 4 or 5), but he has won as many Masters Series Tournaments in 2007 as "Golden Boy" Roger Federer. what I don't agree with is saying that this kid is a nobody and will never be seen again. It's the same as if ESPN Deportes (want a real SportsCenter??) highlights a Tiger Woods win by saying that he beat out some guy named Phil Mickelson. Never heard of him. It is true, the American audience only cares for Football, Golf, NASCAR, and sometimes baseball. The NBA?? Now that it's gone global and most of the best players are NOT American, people here don't really seem to care about it much anymore. The NBA Finals got less coverage than the "lead up" to the NFL Draft. Why the hell do I need to know that JaMarcus Russell is going #1 a full 5 months before the draft. Not only that, but they feel the need to remind you everyday for the next 5 months with an hourly show. Football is only American, like NASCAR, and Golf, and don't say that Golf is a world sport cause it's not.

In the end, I do wish that they would show more of the things going on in the rest of the world right now, that just what is going on here.

Ha.

http://golf.about.com/od/teamcompetitions/...rcupresults.htm

US, Great Britain, and Europe. Yeah, I'm sorry I said Golf wasn't a world sport. That's the whole world right there.

Back to Davydenko and Djokovic, the new ATP rankings came out today:

1. Roger Federer

2. Rafa Nadal

3. NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO

4. NOVAK DJOKOVIC

5. Andy Roddick

So yeah, that's the world #3 and #4 players that ESPN dissed. And Roddick drops from #3 to #5.

Novak Djokovic is not only the world #6 (after the French Open he'll most likely be in the top 4 or 5), but he has won as many Masters Series Tournaments in 2007 as "Golden Boy" Roger Federer. what I don't agree with is saying that this kid is a nobody and will never be seen again. It's the same as if ESPN Deportes (want a real SportsCenter??) highlights a Tiger Woods win by saying that he beat out some guy named Phil Mickelson. Never heard of him. It is true, the American audience only cares for Football, Golf, NASCAR, and sometimes baseball. The NBA?? Now that it's gone global and most of the best players are NOT American, people here don't really seem to care about it much anymore. The NBA Finals got less coverage than the "lead up" to the NFL Draft. Why the hell do I need to know that JaMarcus Russell is going #1 a full 5 months before the draft. Not only that, but they feel the need to remind you everyday for the next 5 months with an hourly show. Football is only American, like NASCAR, and Golf, and don't say that Golf is a world sport cause it's not.

In the end, I do wish that they would show more of the things going on in the rest of the world right now, that just what is going on here.

Ha.

US, Great Britain, and Europe. Yeah, I'm sorry I said Golf wasn't a world sport. That's the whole world right there.

1. Roger Federer

2. Rafa Nadal

3. NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO

4. NOVAK DJOKOVIC

5. Andy Roddick

So yeah, that's the world #3 and #4 players that ESPN dissed. And Roddick drops from #3 to #5.

And theyre absolute nobodies next to Federer/Nadal

Ha.

1. Roger Federer

2. Rafa Nadal

3. NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO

4. NOVAK DJOKOVIC

5. Andy Roddick

That's a winning attitude right there. Give these guys a chance dude. Novak is only 19, give him a couple of years and he WILL impress. Federer was a total nobody at 19 and only became "The Invincible Federer" at the age of 24.

Ha.

1. Roger Federer

2. Rafa Nadal

3. NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO

4. NOVAK DJOKOVIC

5. Andy Roddick

That's a winning attitude right there. Give these guys a chance dude. Novak is only 19, give him a couple of years and he WILL impress. Federer was a total nobody at 19 and only became "The Invincible Federer" at the age of 24.

and Federer didn't get the pub still he started impressing. Once these guys give Nadal and Federer a run in the 4 majors, people may start to take notice

until then, winning smaller tourneys will catch no ones attention

Ha.

1. Roger Federer

2. Rafa Nadal

3. NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO

4. NOVAK DJOKOVIC

5. Andy Roddick

and Federer didn't get the pub still he started impressing. Once these guys give Nadal and Federer a run in the 4 majors, people may start to take notice

Bingo.

When they get to the top, SC and everyone else will give them props.

Now they just won't shut up about The Sopranos.

I don't care about The Sopranos.

I had to keep turning off the tv so that they wouldn't overly spoil anything.

Although now I know of basically how it ends.

Thanks a**holes for assuming everybody has seen it, and going on to spoil it for those who haven't. :banghead

Ha.

1. Roger Federer

2. Rafa Nadal

3. NIKOLAY DAVYDENKO

4. NOVAK DJOKOVIC

5. Andy Roddick

Bingo.

When they get to the top, SC and everyone else will give them props.

The Sony Ericsson is considered the 5th major, though not officially.

which ones are the 4 majors again?

Wimbeldon

Rolland Garros

US Open

Wembley?

Are you serious? So the person who starts this thread, ignorance and ESPN (tennis not getting air time), isn't even sure about the majors. Why are you arguing for more air time, if you dont even know what the four majors are?

They are:

US Open (sept)

French Open (june)

Australian Open (jan)

Wimbeldon (july)

which ones are the 4 majors again?

Wimbeldon

Rolland Garros

US Open

Wembley?

Are you serious? So the person who starts this thread, ignorance and ESPN (tennis not getting air time), isn't even sure about the majors. Why are you arguing for more air time, if you dont even know what the four majors are?

They are:

US Open (sept)

French Open (june)

Australian Open (jan)

Wimbeldon (july)

forgive me master

:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

Australian Open - Hard Court

Roland Garros - Clay Court

Wimbledon - Grass Court

US Open - Hard Court

and

Sony Ericsson of Key Biscayne, the "5th Major".

On a quick note, Roger Federer pulled out of the Gerry Weber Open (first grass court season tourney) in Germany, claiming fatigue after Roland Garros.

If you ask me, someone with a big left biceps got to his head... :whistle

• 2 months later...

For all the haters out there, Novak Djokovic just won the Rogers Master Series of Montreal. How?? He only beat Rafa Nadal in straight sets in the semis, and then Roger Federer in the final.

I remember a ton of people saying this kid was a nobody. Also dissed by ESPN back then.

who?

:banghead

man that kid is good

For all the haters out there, Novak Djokovic just won the Rogers Master Series of Montreal. How?? He only beat Rafa Nadal in straight sets in the semis, and then Roger Federer in the final.

I remember a ton of people saying this kid was a nobody. Also dissed by ESPN back then.

And still nobody has heard of him.

I have his Fathead decal on my wall, thank you very much.

Yup. Tennis (and golf for that matter) doesnt matter unless its the majors. He could win the Rogers Masters Series of any fricking city and it wont matter until he makes it in a major.

Yup. Tennis (and golf for that matter) doesnt matter unless its the majors. He could win the Rogers Masters Series of any fricking city and it wont matter until he makes it in a major.

And really the only reason golf matters is because of Tiger.