Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Matt Cain

Featured Replies

I was looking at the boston score the other night, and saw that Matt Cain is (2-7)

 

i feel bad for this kid, hes been incredible at times, and his team is just pathetic.

 

i know its how the game goes sometime but San Fran just flat out sucks.

 

4 games in april, Matt Cain went 7 inn. (or more) and only gave up an average of 2 hits and 1 run

he lost, or didnt have a decision in 3 of those.

 

and then the other night

1r 3h in 7 inn @ Bos and he lost

 

I think he was also the one that lost a no-no in the 8th@ SD and ended up losing the game, only haven given up 2 hits.

 

sad, this kid should be an all star.

I think San Francisco has a rule...if your a position player, the closer you are to collecting social security the better.

Seriously - their position players average out to 36.

If they traded pitching staffs with the Yanks [who average out to 37], that would be quite a site.

I think he was also the one that lost a no-no in the 8th@ SD and ended up losing the game, only haven given up 2 hits.

 

I think that was Zambrano, I agree that Cain deserves a better record, at the very least.

  • Author

I think he was also the one that lost a no-no in the 8th@ SD and ended up losing the game, only haven given up 2 hits.

 

I think that was Zambrano, I agree that Cain deserves a better record, at the very least.

 

im not that dumb. cain also did it, thats why i added the @ SD. i think it was in april.

The announcers during that game yesterday were talking about a Manny for Cain trade semi-seriously to replace Bonds. Intriguing at least.

 

As for Beau Mills, that guy is going to be a DH if anything...I'd hate to see him as a regular in the field.

From what ive seen the last few years, SFs GM is attrocious. Theyve gotten by with mediocrity the last few seasons but their division is way to tough now. they dont stand a chance anymore and i dont see them standing a chance for a long long time, barring some miracle FA pickups or bonds reverting back to '04 form. Theyd be wise to start paying their draft picks

Brian Sabean is a f***ing moron...for all these years, he got pretty much built his reputation around two trades: the Jeff Kent deal (for Matt Williams) and the Jason Schmidt deal (for Ryan Vogelsong)...he got all this praise for his trades, but that was basically because none of the prospects/ young players he traded for rental players would pan out, but over the past few years that has changed...another thing is, people looked at how he had a winning record year after year, but that was solely because of Bonds, whom he inherited. Look at those teams that had 5 straight 90 win seasons (including the best record in baseball in 2000, a pennant in 2002, and 100 wins in 2003), and take away Bonds...do any of those teams look any good? No, what would happen is that he would surround with Bonds with mostly crap and have Bonds pretty much carry them all on his back...Even though he remains the best hitter in the NL, at this point in his career can't carry a sh*tty team on his back like he used to

The won / loss record for pitchers can be the most misleading stat and this is a fine example of that. If it was up to me pitchers wouldn't be assigned wins and losses.

Brian Sabean is a f***ing moron...for all these years, he got pretty much built his reputation around two trades: the Jeff Kent deal (for Matt Williams) and the Jason Schmidt deal (for Ryan Vogelsong)...he got all this praise for his trades, but that was basically because none of the prospects/ young players he traded for rental players would pan out, but over the past few years that has changed...another thing is, people looked at how he had a winning record year after year, but that was solely because of Bonds, whom he inherited. Look at those teams that had 5 straight 90 win seasons (including the best record in baseball in 2000, a pennant in 2002, and 100 wins in 2003), and take away Bonds...do any of those teams look any good? No, what would happen is that he would surround with Bonds with mostly crap and have Bonds pretty much carry them all on his back...Even though he remains the best hitter in the NL, at this point in his career can't carry a sh*tty team on his back like he used to

good post up until this guy

I got a kick out of the Sox fans with their asterisks. But I know we're not really allowed to talk about it on the board without getting flamed so that's all I'm sayin.

The guys with the blonde women masks for A-Rod this year was probably one of the most creative things the fanbase has done.

 

I loved those.

The guys with the blonde women masks for A-Rod this year was probably one of the most creative things the fanbase has done.

 

I loved those.

 

Damn, I missed that - that's a hilarious idea.

 

And I thought I was being funny when I painted my sock red for the day at work. :mischief

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.