Elijah Dukes Cut by Tampa

vinivedivichi

Just heard on the local news...no cite

I know a lot of you guys think we should pick the guy up, but I'm not sure you understand what a POS he is. He is on the Pac-Man Jones level IMO...it's only a matter of time before he loses the privilege to take part in society...much less play baseball.

I know a lot of you guys think we should pick the guy up, but I'm not sure you understand what a POS he is. He is on the Pac-Man Jones level IMO...it's only a matter of time before he loses the privilege to take part in society...much less play baseball.

Im not so sure you know what a POS he is either, all we can do is speculate

Exactly. Great point. Listen, no one is denying that the guy has done stupid things that makes him look like a really, really bad person, but that doesn't mean you can't want him to hit baseballs for your team.

Listen, no one is denying that the guy has done stupid things that makes him look like a really, really bad person, but that doesn't mean you can't want him to hit baseballs for your team.

Actually, it does mean you can want him to not be on your team.. and im one of those people.

I dont want this guy anywhere near our team.

Guest FlummoxedLummox

Exactly. Great point. Listen, no one is denying that the guy has done stupid things that makes him look like a really, really bad person, but that doesn't mean you can't want him to hit baseballs for your team.

As long as the investment is very small, it's a small risk. He's not worth anything more than a marginal prospect if acquired via a trade. Up to this point, he has not shown that he has the reliability where a larger investment would be a good decision.

Actually, I think I do know what a POS he is....but thanks for telling me what I do and don't know. Anyone with a computer or any sense of awareness with regard to the news can do much more than speculate, but thanks anyway.

All I see is Pierre Pierce with this guy. Its going to happen again and it will be uglier next time around. Wanna know how to divide and alienate a whole team and fanbase? Get this guy and wait for it to happen. I've witnessed it with pierce.

A team with the youngest roster in the league doesnt need a person like this.. and im guessing going down to south beach isnt in mr dukes best interests either.

Actually, I think I do know what a POS he is....but thanks for telling me what I do and don't know. Anyone with a computer or any sense of awareness with regard to the news can do much more than speculate, but thanks anyway.

Well, I said im not so sure you know, leaving open the possibility that you do know. I figured you were going to tell me you know the guy or have at the very least had a run in with him and thats how you KNOW how much of a POS he is. Its pretty apparent the guy has problems, but to what extent he is a piece of s**t isnt readily determinable from reading papers, articles and hearing him speak. Theres usually more to the story. I can understand you not wanting him on the team though. Id love for us to bring him in.