Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Billups will become unrestricted free agent July 1

Featured Replies

Chauncey Billups officially opted out of his contract Monday, making him an unrestricted free agent as of July 1.

 

"Chauncey's first intention is to come back to Detroit, and we'll continute to explore that as an option, but if we're unable to make a deal with the Pistons my obligation is to look at other possibilities that will provide long-term security for Chauncey and his family," agent Andy Miller told ESPN.com.

 

Billups was due to make $6,819,000 next season in the final year of his contract, which had an early termination option.

 

Pistons president Joe Dumars has consistently said he is confident the Pistons will be able to re-sign Billups, whose negotiating leverage will be impacted by the small number of teams with significant salary cap space.

 

Milwaukee and Memphis are two teams with cap space and a need for a point guard, but neither team is expected to have enough space to make a better offer than the one Billups will get from Detroit.

 

 

LINK

Whenever I hear the words "security" or "family" thrown around by players/agents negotiating deals in NBA circles I just want to take a bat to the computer or tv. $6 million? I need to feed my family, dawg...

Whenever I hear the words "security" or "family" thrown around by players/agents negotiating deals in NBA circles I just want to take a bat to the computer or tv. $6 million? I need to feed my family, dawg...

 

I don't blame him. If you can get more, then get more. FMV is something that is a great American trait and if Chauncey can get $10 mil a year, then why not do it...would you not do the same?

Can't say I'm disappointed. Hopefuly he lands in the west and not on Cleveland or Miami or something

This is not a surprise or news at all to anyone in the Piston Organization or the fan base. This is just a formality, he should(80-90% sure) re-sign with the Pistons in the $10million/year range for another 4-5 years.

Please somehow sign with the Heat Chauncey!! PLEASE!!

 

I hear the Pistons are interested in a sign and trade, Billups for Walker. :)

 

The Magic have an outside shot with their cap room, but they need to shed more contracts. Doubt that happens.

Chauncey, please come back to Orlando.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.