Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ken Griffey Jr

Featured Replies

I know this is the definition of dreaming and it'll never happen in a million years.. but its fun to think about. Could you imagine Griffey getting traded here and chasing 600? Could you imagine that lineup? If that wouldnt get people to the stadium, i dont know what would.

 

Hey, we can dream.

Better then trading him to the Cubs.

 

Not gonna happen though. Seattle seems like the most likely destination at this point.

I think Ken Griffey would have a big economic impact on this team. He's probably the most likeable player in the entire league. I think he'd add another 10,000 people nightly...and we'd of course be a heck of a lot better with him in Center compared to what we have now...

Better then trading him to the Cubs.

 

Not gonna happen though. Seattle seems like the most likely destination at this point.

Seattle has two 21 year outfielders with 1.000 OPS type production in AAA right now.

 

Bill Bavasi is a moron if he acquires Griffey when he has 3 good outfielders at the MLB level, depth with super prospects, while his SP staff is one of the worst 5 in the majors.

I'd assume he'd waive the no-trade to be so close to Orlando too.

 

(Believe me, I've dreamt of this before).

I'd assume he'd waive the no-trade to be so close to Orlando too.

 

(Believe me, I've dreamt of this before).

 

That is true his kids are everything to the man. He is a great family man.

 

I could see if it they promised him flights home or down for the kids and all.

 

But I cant see Loria spending the cash or giving up what it would take.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.