32nd man

MVPosey

Someone explain to me how Neshek is the obvious choice over Okie?

it's not.... but man both have been exceptional

Which is why I was surprised to see people act like it was some slam dunk.

Okie is nearly half a run better in the ERA department, more runs prevented, better VORP, less walks and HRs per 9, plus he had 4 huge saves this year. (Huge being pretty modest too)

Been the MVP of the Sox season without a doubt in my mind.

Neshek deserves it more, but it will be Okajima

both have been great though

Explain that one to me.

While Okajima may be putting up the better numbers, the attraction to Neshek (I believe) is due in a large part to the way he treats the fans and how much of a class act he really is. Although it's not like Neshek is completely undeserving; he's been borderline dominant most of the first half.

With that being said, between the size of Red Sox nation and his fan base in Japan, I find it hard to believe that Okajima doesn't already have it in the bag.

Guest ShaqandWade323

Okajima will win if the Asian community votes. (/stupid racist comment] (not directed at you, Hanleylicious)

I think it should be Halladay in the AL cause outside of his appendicitis starts, he has like a 2.32 era. And Young is the obvious choice for the NL though I guarantee he'll suck in the second half.

Guest ShaqandWade323

i have NO idea who Neshek and Okajima are

wow

can someone post their numbers?

( I feel dumb )

They're relief pitchers for the Twins and Red Sox, respectively. Okajima filled in for Pap Smear when he was hurt, I believe and did a good job.

Okajima - has 2 wins, 0 losses, 4 saves with a 0.90 era and a 0.80 WHIP and 36 SO in 40 IP. Opponents bat .159 off of him.

Neshek - has 3 wins, 0 losses with a 1.37 era and a 0.71 WHIP and has struck out 47 in 39.1 IP. Opponents bat .124 off of him.

Neshek deserves it more, but it will be Okajima

both have been great though

Explain that one to me.

Okajima is more recognized by the average fan because he plays for the Red Sox, a team that gets 3 times the publicity the Twins get.

he meant the bolded part