A Rant

orisha

I like Fredi Gonzalez, I truly do. He's a hometown guy and his story is a nice one, but I also like him not because he's Cuban, but because I am Cuban. There's been a number of Cuban managers in the history of MLB Baseball, but none has really been successful, I would love for him to be the first one. Having said that, here's my rant:

What's up with this team playing better on the road than at home? What's up with the lack of concentration this team so often shows? What's up with the errors. I don't know about you guys, but I blame those teams on management. Yes, the players have to perform, but it is a managers' job to get his team ready to go out there everyday and perform the best they are capable of performing. I know is still early and we are not out of the race by any means, but something drastic has to be done if we want something productive out of this season, and it better be soon.

I like Fredi Gonzalez, I truly do. He's a hometown guy and his story is a nice one, but I also like him not because he's Cuban, but because I am Cuban. There's been a number of Cuban managers in the history of MLB Baseball, but none has really been successful, I would love for him to be the first one. Having said that, here's my rant:

What's up with this team playing better on the road than at home? What's up with the lack of concentration this team so often shows? What's up with the errors. I don't know about you guys, but I blame those teams on management. Yes, the players have to perform, but it is a managers' job to get his team ready to go out there everyday and perform the best they are capable of performing. I know is still early and we are not out of the race by any means, but something drastic has to be done if we want something productive out of this season, and it better be soon.

Park effects. This park favors the better pitching staff much moreseo than the league as a whole. Dolphin Stadium is a rough place to try to slug your way to a winning record.

but this team is full of line drive hitters that should take advantage of a spacious outfield by hitting balls to the gap and use its speed (ramirez, uggla, almezaga, hermida).

Yes, and we score well at home, just not as well as on the road... and our pitching sucks just as bad. A walk is a walk, regardless of the park.

These things usually even out over the course of the season.

We'll probably play .420 ball on the road in the second half, and .500 at home.

Then you won't have to worry about some home-field disadvantage.

If our pitching picks up, our whole record picks up. If Olsen and Dontrelle start bringing quality starts nearly every time, this team is likely going to the postseason.

If our pitching picks up, our whole record picks up. If Olsen and Dontrelle start bringing quality starts nearly every time, this team is likely going to the postseason.

Well, I think they'll be playing meaningful game in September if that happens, no playoff guarantee.

Well, Dontrelle pitched a lot better in June. The rest of the starters are sketchy. Olsen looks real strong but he has to eliminate those big innings. Mitre has looked very good in limited innings. BK has been surprisingly ok, but it's tough to project anything beyond mediocre here. JJ doesn't have MLB stuff so far this year. I suppose he would be the key. The starting rotation remains a big if. I'd like to see us in the post-season. You never know, but I think it's more realistic to see us finishing 5-10 games under .500 at best.

Well, Dontrelle pitched a lot better in June. The rest of the starters are sketchy. Olsen looks real strong but he has to eliminate those big innings. Mitre has looked very good in limited innings. BK has been surprisingly ok, but it's tough to project anything beyond mediocre here. JJ is still unpoven this year. The starting rotation remains a big if. I'd like to see us in the post-season. You never know, but I think it's more realistic to see us finishing 5-10 games under .500 at best.

Sorry, I guess if, nearly, and likely, weren't enough qualifiers to my statement! :whistle

Well, Dontrelle pitched a lot better in June. The rest of the starters are sketchy. Olsen looks real strong but he has to eliminate those big innings. Mitre has looked very good in limited innings. BK has been surprisingly ok, but it's tough to project anything beyond mediocre here. JJ is still unpoven this year. The starting rotation remains a big if. I'd like to see us in the post-season. You never know, but I think it's more realistic to see us finishing 5-10 games under .500 at best.

Sorry, I guess if, nearly, and likely, weren't enough qualifiers to my statement! :whistle

I wasn't making fun of what you said. I hope you're right. None of us know what's going to happen. This is a place to share opinions. You qualified your opinion, as I and most posters do.

I wasn't making fun of what you said. I hope you're right. None of us know what's going to happen. This is a place to share opinions. You qualified your opinion, as I and most posters do.

Nah, I was making fun of the way internet boards work. :cool

Who are we kidding? our pitching has been bad for the most part throughout the entire month of June I am so glad it is over and forgotten

I agree our pitching for lack of a better word stinks right now and in all honesty we dont have the depth at the starting pitching to seriously compete , and our bullpen is a spent force thanks in large part to our weak starting pitching