Reggie by the numbers

Ramp

Yea, everyone's favorite whipping boy in the Marlins forum, I figured I would post some of his numbers from AAA this year. I happen to think he could turn into a pretty good 4th OF in the near future. Maybe it's the massive homer in me, but I thought he looked so much better in his MLB stint this time around, even if the numbers weren't there. He was a completely different player at the plate.

Anyway...

Overall: 168 at bats | .304/.366/.524 | 10 doubles | 3 triples | 7 homeruns | 10 walks | 48 strikeouts | 22 stolen bases, 3 caught

VS Lefties: 42 at bats | .310/.370/.405 | 1 double, 1 homerun, 2 walks, 13 strikeouts, 3sb 1cs

VS Righties: 126 at bats | .302/.364/.563 | 9 doubles, 3 triples, 6 homeruns, 8 walks, 35 strikeouts, 19sb 2cs

and it ain't that he is just hitting in Albuquerque

Home: 65 at bats | .323/.392/.615 | 3 doubles, 2 triples, 4 homeruns, 4 walks, 20 strikeouts, 6sb 1cs

Away: 103 at bats | .291/.348/.466 | 7 doubles, 1 triple, 3 homeruns, 6 walks, 28 strikeouts, 16sb 2cs

Obviously this is the key with Reg:

Ahead in count: 19 at bats | .579/.724/1.211 hr

Behind in count: 92 at bats | .239/.268/.380 2hr

And finally:

Bases empty: 92 at bats | .304/.385/.500 | 3hr, 7bb, 29k

Runners on : 76 at bats | .303/.341/.553 | 4hr, 3bb, 19k

Just turned 26 years old, there's still plenty of time to make his mark especially if this perceived improvement is more than just a 3 month hot streak

• 1 month later...

and he strikes out less then every 4 ABs in a hitters league

I wish him the best but its obvious hes a AAAA player

It wasn't funny the first time. The second time... guess what?

i wasnt trying to be funny.. it just happens that his name has an A in it and hes jason wood on a good day.

I like koolaide and all but come on.. lets get realistic here.

and he strikes out less then every 4 ABs in a hitters league

I wish him the best but its obvious hes a AAAA player

It wasn't funny the first time. The second time... guess what?

i wasnt trying to be funny.. it just happens that his name has an A in it and hes jason wood on a good day.

I like koolaide and all but come on.. lets get realistic here.

Key difference is people bust a nut every time Jason Wood hits a bloop single.

Key difference is people bust a nut every time Jason Wood hits a bloop single.

Please. Jason Wood strategically miss-hits balls off the end of his bat that intentionally taunt three fielders by landing in between them.

Key difference is, Reggie hit a ball 5,276 feet in Cincinnati that hit a bank robber in the head while he was running out of the bank, not only giving the Marlins the lead and wowing the Reds faithful, but performing a civic duty as well. The man hit a BUNT home run too which is often forgotten. He is unstoppable.