Miami Megaplex Manifesto

That's a pretty "pie in the sky" or "harebrained" idea. The first problem with the guy's rationale is that he is assuming that the Miami Arena is still owned by the City of Miami, since his "manifesto" says that "public land" is being used. Plus, buying out the Miami Arena would be more expensive than using already public land. Secondly, does he think you'll "save money" by building an "elevated" stadium over the FEC tracks, N. Miami Avenue, and other assorted rights-of-way. Not to mention that you're looking at having the Metrorail and Metromover lines inside the stadium!?!?!? Plus, we have someone who actually envisions the Walt Disney Corporation building a public transportation system in a metropolitan area where they have no local investment in exchange for the ability to dock their ships away from their center of business?!?!?! It looks to me as if someone took in a little too much pixie dust!!!!

As my six year old daughter says, WHATEVAH!

This looks like the random ramblings of a twenty year old on a public access blog site!

That's a pretty "pie in the sky" or "harebrained" idea. The first problem with the guy's rationale is that he is assuming that the Miami Arena is still owned by the City of Miami, since his "manifesto" says that "public land" is being used. Secondly, does he think you'll "save money" by building an "elevated" stadium over the FEC tracks, N. Miami Avenue, and other assorted rights-of-way. Not to mention that you're looking at having the Metrorail and Metromover lines inside the stadium!?!?!? Plus, it looks like the area considered leaves for a baseball stadium that is roughly the same size as the AmericanAirlines Arena!

This looks like the random ramblings of a twenty year old on a public access blog site!

Like I said it's interesting. :lol

You're not going to have any facilty built over railroad tracks or highways, or streets passing underneath for the obvious (terrorist) security issues in today's world.

Really? I don't recall this being an issue with the West Side Stadium proposal in New York (of all places)... and that would have been built over rail yards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Side_Stadium

That's a pretty "pie in the sky" or "harebrained" idea. The first problem with the guy's rationale is that he is assuming that the Miami Arena is still owned by the City of Miami, since his "manifesto" says that "public land" is being used. Plus, buying out the Miami Arena would be more expensive than using already public land. Secondly, does he think you'll "save money" by building an "elevated" stadium over the FEC tracks, N. Miami Avenue, and other assorted rights-of-way. Not to mention that you're looking at having the Metrorail and Metromover lines inside the stadium!?!?!? Plus, we have someone who actually envisions the Walt Disney Corporation building a public transportation system in a metropolitan area where they have no local investment in exchange for the ability to dock their ships away from their center of business?!?!?! It looks to me as if someone took in a little too much pixie dust!!!!

Your negativity is NOT welcomed. By the way, why does every idiot bring up parking. HELLLO!!! If it is in downtown, people would park at the nearest metro station and take the train to the game. GEEEZ :banghead

Your negativity is NOT welcomed. By the way, why does every idiot bring up parking. HELLLO!!! If it is in downtown, people would park at the nearest metro station and take the train to the game. GEEEZ :banghead

EXCUSE ME!!! I will damn comment on something contrived by a delusional individual as damn well as I please, and if some moderator wants to delete this post, then so be it!!! You obviously did not read the rest of that delusional website, nor the fact that 85.5% of the people posting on this thread tended to agree with the fact that the "MVB" was some delusional pipe dream. I'm sorry if the fact that I bring some hard cold facts that aren't "teal colored" to the debate. But for a fact, a source VERY CLOSE to the stadium dealing (and many on this board know who I'm talking about!) told me two weeks ago in "point blank" fashion (I QUOTE), "Dude, this stadium deal is DEAD!"