Everything posted by loudo
-
Greg Cote is my hero!!
Check out this morning's Miami Herald for a column that calls out Norman Braman! Take a few minutes to e-mail him your support! Is there a link for those of us, "Out of Towners", who don't get the Herald? On a second look on the Herald web site, I found it: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/story/599483.html
-
4/23 -- Marlins @ Braves
Is anyone getting the game in HD tonight? The web site schedule shows it to be in HD and on DirecTV it shows the game in HD on 634-1, but the channel is blank. Only seeing it on the old fuzzy SD channel (634) tonight.
-
Norman Braman Lawsuit Thread
I'm really getting sick of this freakin' guy... How 'bout we let him know how Marlin fans feel about the new stadium? Why not give him a call or send him a fax? Anyone have an email address? www.bramanmanagement.com www.braman.com/location.html :whistle Would you by a used car from this guy??? :thumbdown
-
Area around the new stadium.
As I pointed out before, crime will happen ANYWHERE, and I mean ANYWHERE!!! However, I think most people have a perception that the area around the OB is "dangerous," because the neighborhood doesn't look like their "lilly-white suburban fortifications." That is where people get rubbed the wrong way because some folks (and I'm not saying you're one of them) automatically assume that a lower middle class Latin or black neighborhood is inherently more dangerous than a similar white neighborhood. However, press those folks for actual crime statistics, and they can never back it up! You are correct, it can happen anywhere. The neighborhood has very little to do with the crimes, many times it is outsiders that go to that area, to commit the crimes. You get the low life's that will go to where ever the stadium is to commit their crimes and take advantage of the situation. You could build the stadium in a neighborhood of $1,000,000 homes in Boca Raton and you will still have the crime element that will go to that area, to prey on the visitors. My point is simply, on site parking is a lot safer, than people roaming around a neighborhood they know nothing about, looking for a parking space. Gee, I got my tickets for the February 29th and April 13th Marlins/Nationals games, here at Space Coast Stadium. Sure glad they have on site parking. :whistle
-
Area around the new stadium.
Retro_Marlins is probably from Palm County County or Northwest Broward and has no idea what he's talking about. Ditto. It's ignorant misinformed people like that who are putting a negative spin on this. Hell, I'm pretty sure the area around Dolphin Stadium has a higher violent crime rate than Little Havana. I have been going to games at Dolphin Stadium for years, with on site parking and never had problem 1. At the Orange Bowl we got caught in a parking scam that cost us towing charge and had the car broken into and things stolen. I don't think that is misinformed at all, it is reality. I want to see a new stadium as much as anyone else, but I think public safety needs to play a big role in the planning of it.
-
Area around the new stadium.
I sure hope they clean that area up and have on site parking. I still have nightmares about going to UM games there. Parking cons, cars stolen or broken into, robberies. That is why we stopped going to UM games, at the Orange Bowl. No on site parking, like at Dolphin Stadium, will make 2009 my last year for going down to Marlin games. I've gone to Dolphins games and Hurricanes games at the OB for years and never had my car broken into or been robbed. Plus, crime like that happens everywhere. Geez, three people have been robbed and killed at the Town Center Mall parking lot in Boca Raton in the last six months (including another woman who was robbed, but somehow her life and the life of her two year old son was sparred) -- and nobody would consider Boca Raton a derelict area! Wish I could say that. Once we parked and paid someone for parking in the yard, that we thought was their house, when it wasn't. When we came out of the game the car had been towed by the real owner of the property. Another time we were parked on the street and the car was broken into, the radio and a few other items were stolen out of it. The second time was my last trip to the Orange Bowl, that is why I will never go there again unless they have on site parking.
-
Area around the new stadium.
I sure hope they clean that area up and have on site parking. I still have nightmares about going to UM games there. Parking cons, cars stolen or broken into, robberies. That is why we stopped going to UM games, at the Orange Bowl. No on site parking, like at Dolphin Stadium, will make 2009 my last year for going down to Marlin games.
-
Braves @ Marlins 8/28/07 7:05 PM Sun SportsVandenHurk vs Smoltz THE FI
I wish sportsbook.com gave me the opportunity to bet on Benitez being terrible Wow!! What a surprise, Benitez blew a lead, AGAIN.
-
Braves @ Marlins 8/28/07 7:05 PM Sun SportsVandenHurk vs Smoltz THE FI
The Tank is rolling tonight.
-
Braves @ Marlins 8/28/07 7:05 PM Sun SportsVandenHurk vs Smoltz THE FI
Sun Sports doesnt carry the games in Jville/Gville/Tally If you had DirecTV you could get them. Here is what you get for zip code 32210, Jacksonville zip code: The 32210 ZIP Code is in the home team territory for the following pro team(s) available in Standard Definition. With HD Access select teams available in HD where noted below: With any DIRECTV base package: Sun Sports (Ch. 632) Florida Marlins Orlando Magic Tampa Bay Lightning FSN Florida (Ch. 634) Florida Marlins Tampa Bay Devil Rays We have the same problem with the cable company here in Melbourne, no Marlins games, but with DirecTv we get all of both the Marlins and Devil Rays games.
-
Braves @ Marlins 8/28/07 7:05 PM Sun SportsVandenHurk vs Smoltz THE FI
I can't watch in Jacksonville, what happened with Festa? Aren't you getting it on Sun Sports up there?
-
Braves @ Marlins 8/28/07 7:05 PM Sun SportsVandenHurk vs Smoltz THE FI
Anyone taking bets on how long this lead will last. 3 innings. All the way into 5 now...... :pray
-
Braves @ Marlins 8/28/07 7:05 PM Sun SportsVandenHurk vs Smoltz THE FI
Anyone taking bets on how long this lead will last.
-
OB's Final Hour Is Upon Us
WOW! Finally,it is done! Next on the agenda: DOWNTOWN vs OB Without on site parking either site will SUCK. I remember to many bad experiences going to basketball and hockey games at the old Miami Arena and games at the Orange Bowl. Hoping your car would still be where you parked it, when the game was over, or wondering what would get stolen from the car, while you were in the game. Either one of those spots will stop me from coming to any more games. you must be missing the point...they are renovating the area for a ball park...I'm sure the area will look nothing like it does now...and im sure the crime in the area will also change its course I hear you, but my main concern for any new stadium, at any location, is being able to park at the stadium. I just hope that is a Major consideration to what ever site it is built on. I was recently at a baseball game in Boston, and we had to park almost a mile from Fenway Park and pay $15.00, then hike a mile to see the game. Guess I have been spoiled by the games being at Dolphin Stadium. We travel over 3 hours from here, to get to Marlins games, and it is nice to have the parking right there at the stadium.
-
OB's Final Hour Is Upon Us
WOW! Finally,it is done! Next on the agenda: DOWNTOWN vs OB Without on site parking either site will SUCK. I remember to many bad experiences going to basketball and hockey games at the old Miami Arena and games at the Orange Bowl. Hoping your car would still be where you parked it, when the game was over, or wondering what would get stolen from the car, while you were in the game. Either one of those spots, without ON SITE parking, will stop me from coming to any more games.
-
Miami Megaplex Manifesto
Get the person that came up with this idea, in a re-hab center. He is on something bad. :thumbdown
-
Marlins still in stadium limbo
Huizenga said he won't revisit the idea of a ballpark next to Dolphin Stadium. One more stupid decision to add to his ever growing list. The Marlins and MLB want a downtown Miami site north of government center (which several county commissioners oppose) but likely would accept the Orange Bowl site as a last resort if UM moves to Dolphin Stadium. The funding gap is at least $30 million and potentially more than twice that, depending on the site. Still, MLB and the Marlins won't speak to out-of-town markets for the foreseeable future. Hats off to those commissoners, I am with them. I am still having nightmares from having to go downtown for Panther games when they were in the Miami Arena.
-
4/19 Marlins vs Mets
I'm starting to dislike Fredi. Does it matter if its 7 or 8 to two? Besides, it's not like our bullpen is fresh enought to pitch another six-inning night. Remembered our situation in April, Last year. almost struggled, cause 6-16. That is what worries me the way they are playing, don't want to see them there again. They are not even competitive their last 4 games. How can the wheels fall off, so bad, in a weeks time. You dig that hole early in the season and spend the rest of the year trying to get out of it. Just like what happened to the Panthers this year.
-
4/19 Marlins vs Mets
Gonzalez SUCKS. I have never seen such poor management of a baseball team, in my life. We need a coach who knows when a pitcher is struggling and has the brains to take him out. and who should he put in to pitch? The way Vanden Hurk was struggling anyone would have been better. He was even looking at the dugout figuring someone was going to come and get him, which never happened.
-
4/19 Marlins vs Mets
Mets batting practice.
-
4/19 Marlins vs Mets
The game sure looks nice on my new HDTV, but the scoreboard is not to nice looking.
-
4/19 Marlins vs Mets
Gonzalez SUCKS. I have never seen such poor management of a baseball team, in my life. We need a coach who knows when a pitcher is struggling and has the brains to take him out.
-
Should we be worried about the Marlins closer?
After today's game YES, we are in trouble. While we are at it, maybe they should send Gonzalez for a brain scan and eye exam, we need to find out if his eyes are OK and his brain can react quick enough, to see when his pitchers are in trouble. Been a long time since I have seen any team with that bad management, in the 9th inning.
-
Latest Comments on New Stadium
have to disagree completely with your rationale! For starters, I stopped going to Panthers games for the complete opposite reason: because I now had to drive to games! It was 1000x more convenient to go to the old Miami Arena on the MetroRail (back when I lived in Miami) than it was to drive there. And the same held true for Heat games and concerts at the Miami Arena. I NEVER drove to that arena, what was the point when the train station was across the street. You were the opposite of most people, they drove to games and hunted for parking spaces, and hoped that their cars would still be there after the games. I remember many times it taking 45 minutes to get onto the interstate after games at the Miami Arena. but I doubt the Marlins are worried about losing some Brevard fans if there is the potential of picking up hundreds more "walk-up" customers from downtown Miami to take your place. They may not miss the few from Melbourne but I am sure they may miss the thousands from Broward and Palm Beach Counties, that could stop going to games because of the lack of parking and parking problems. As for your other points, I'd rather be in Fenway Park any time of the day to watch a baseball game. Fenway is perhaps my second favorite MLB park (and it only ranks second because I can't watch the Marlins play there). Yes, it has it's quirks, but you are seriously not a student of the game, nor appreciate the history of the game based on your comments. You know, Wrigley Field is an aesthetic dump to (on the inside), but it's Wrigley. Same goes for Fenway. You can't get a ticket there, so I don't think its condition is causing an uproar of folks wanting to get the place torn down. Plus, you had to have been one of the few people who actually drove to Fenway! NO ONE DRIVES TO FENWAY, you take the train, like most people do in other cities where there are ballparks in major urban areas. That's just my two cents. I have been a Red Sox fan (now they are #2, Marlins are my #1 team), since I was a kid growing up in New Hampshire. I attended college in Boston and went to MANY games at Fenway Park. The only two things that have changed in that park since the 60's, is the electronic score board, in center field and the new seats on top of the green monster, which only added more seats to an already overcrowded park, and put more money in the owners pockets. As far as "No One Drive To Fenway", that is totally incorrect. MANY of the fans that attend games are from Maine, New Hampshire or Rhode Island, a few may have access to trains but most of them have to drive, to get there. Yes, the trains are taken to the games, if you live in the Boston area, but many Sox fans live outside of Massachusetts and don't have access to them. Red Sox fans are some of the most loyal fans in baseball, and not to mention they pay some of the highest prices for tickets. They deserve to go to a nicer park than Fenway, to cheer on their team. You are correct, Fenway is a historic place, and deserves a place in history, but not as a major league ball park, in the year 2007. Sorry for my vent, but I just feel the Red Sox owners are just pocketing all the money they can, and could care less about giving the fans a decent place to watch their team play. I don't want to see the same thing happen to the Marlins.
-
Latest Comments on New Stadium
What ever site they pick, it has to have parking as a major consideration, if it is going to succeed. They better remember all of us who used to go to Heat and Panther games, downtown, in the old Miami arena, and stopped going because of lack of parking, parking rip offs, and cars getting broken into during games. As the growth of the 3 county area grows northward, it would make sense to get it as far north as possible, with the best parking available. A few years I moved to Melbourne, and we have a group of us that goes to a game or two a month from here. If the new stadium is in an area with no parking on the grounds, we have all agreed our trips to games will end. We will go to Tampa, when the Marlins play inter league games, and park on the grounds of the stadium, and cheer our Marlins on. I used to live in Boston and please don't compare Fenway Park to any respectable stadium. That place is disgusting. We went to a game there last year when I was up there visiting family. First of all we had to park and walk about a mile from Fenway. Our very expensive seats were behind a pole, and the seat was so small it must of been designed for a 8 year old kid, no leg room at all. The food concession areas were so dirty and had a bad moldy smell. That was my last game until they build a decent stadium, up there. I have been a Marlins fan since I attended the first game in 1993, I hope they do the right thing in picking the spot for the new stadium. :thumbup Don't worry miamibaseball. The new stadium will be built next to the current Joe Robbie stadium, and there will be plenty of parking. You'll be parking in Wayne's World instead of Jose's backyard. I like it. plenty of parking that is. Not the Wayne's Walley World though.